Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Trade In (Vin Issue) ? Anyone else ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am trying to Trade in/ Sell my Model 3 Performance, I took this delivery back in 2018 However now when I put the vin number on Caravana, Car Max etc.. Vin shows back up as Tesla Model 3 Long Range not Performance and because of this trade in is significantly lower ? Anyone else having this issue specially the vins from 2018 ?

I am gonna start calling corporate office of Tesla to see why this is and what will it take to get this corrected..

This is the way the 2018s are, the vin numbers were not specific. You likely have benefited from this on your insurance for a few years too. Its still a performance vehicle, and you are not likely getting anything "corrected" with tesla because the vin is already issued. You just need to tell whomever you are selling it to that its a performance vehicle and show proof of that.

EDIT:

Re reading this... its waaay "drier" than I intended, my apologies for that. I have a 2018 Performance too, and have noticed the same thing (to specifically answer your question).

Last edited:
Reactions: 127.0.0.0