Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Trade In was much better than Carmax

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a quote from CarMax since so many have posted they Tesla lowballs and at least may match CarMax.

KBB range was $24-26,000 and CarMax came with an offer of $21,000. Ugh.

I tried KBB instant cash which offered $23,500 but was subject to appraisal by participating dealers.

Finally I gave Tesla a try and was hoping they would possibly match the kbb offer.

Surprisingly they came back at $24,800. I was shocked and went and and traded it right in.

Hope this encourages some people.

The most important piece is missing - the car traded in!

Though based on price, it doesn't sound like a Tesla trade in?

I heard Tesla offers lower trade in for Teslas but will at least pricematch Carmax for non Tesla vehicles.

I sold 3 cars to Carmax and they actually came in at private party price. I "verified" the private party price by dealing with a lot of Craigslist headaches and shenanigans.

Anyone heard of Tesla matching another 3rd party offer (other than CarMax)? Carmax/Tesla both offered $18K. Another used car dealer offered $19.6K and a separate one offered $19.7K. I know about the tax savings and ease with Tesla; however, it mentally hurts to sell to Tesla at the lowest offer...