Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah that’s what I was planning, I mean what else would I buy? I have everything I need. Hmmm....well thank you so so much for your story and your advice. I’m still figuring it all out but I learn more from others and asking questions more than anything.
I’m a pharmacist and when I got my second job at a hospital in town, there were two older pharmacists who, all February and March of this year kept telling me “Sophia buy TSLA stock. You work so much, you need to put your money to work. TSLA will make you rich.” I never took them seriously until one day, walking into work, it hit me. Everything I was doing to save money and put it in the bank for “later” or to pay cash for a house no longer made any sense. I dumped all my savings into TSLA and a couple months later, here we are. :)
You can pay cash for your house (mansion) later on down the road when TSLA is $10k/share :) Plus, your cash in the bank isn't earning you anything. Will TSLA have down days? of course, but you are investing in the future and its innovation. Bottom line, a lot of people think TSLA's stock is expensive, however, just wait till it reaches its full potential....Game over :)

Anyone watching demo-2 stream now?
Free Tesla ad time again.

They were showing some recap of the launch, and the hero shot of the rocket was the one with Teslas heading to the pad.
SpaceX most definitely has an impact on Tesla, from marketing, to technology, to materials, to awesome prowness.

SpaceX
currently expects to send its first cargo mission to Mars in 2022
, a human mission mooted for 2024. Excitingly, Musk believes that his ITS ship will eventually be able to manage the Earth to Marsjourney in just 30 days.

SpaceX is making amazing progress on their Starships build out (undated photo).
Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 9.18.44 PM.png

Coming back from Georgian Bay, 2 hours North of Toronto, this weekend, I did a double take and thought SpaceX had put up a stealth manufacturing plant for Starships in Canada. But alas, only a field of my dreams.
Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 9.20.36 PM.png

You can pay cash for your house (mansion) later on down the road when TSLA is $10k/share :) Plus, your cash in the bank isn't earning you anything. Will TSLA have down days? of course, but you are investing in the future and its innovation. Bottom line, a lot of people think TSLA's stock is expensive, however, just wait till it reaches its full potential....Game over :)
Oh no worries! 100% conviction in TSLA for sure. I just wasn’t sure whether to sell my 25 Apple shares and buy more TSLA now (my goal is 500 shares) or keep my APPL and just buy TSLA weekly as I have been doing. I was just telling BlackS my story of how I started with TSLA ;)

Decades back, I was driving a 1969 Firebird convertible, while my wife had a Volvo 240 DL station wagon. Obviously, I was not a fan of station wagons. But one day I happened to be driving my wife’s car — traffic had come to a stop in the 91 freeway in Orange County — a young man in a 1963 Chevy Impala rear ended me at about 40 to 50 miles per hour.

The big cushioned seat of the Volvo absorbed the impact as I gently rolled backward, leaving me almost in prone position on my back. The engine and drivetrain dropped out the car to ground, I imagine as a safety measure to protect the occupants. The entire car crumpled in the middle absorbing the impact of the collision.

I climbed out the car unharmed, in a state of awe. The folks at Volvo make a fine car, a safe car. In regard to safety, they have had their mind right for a long time.

Should any ICE car company emerge healthy in the age of electric vehicles, my hope is that Volvo succeeds.

"Nils Bohlin, an engineer at Volvo, invented the three-point seat belt in 1959. The 1950s were a time when pilots and racing drivers wore harnesses, but seatbelts – where they were fitted in cars – took the form of a rudimentary two-point waist restraint. In crashes, sometimes these did more harm than good.

The reason the three-point seatbelt is so widely adopted is actually because Volvo opened up the patent so that any car manufacturer could use it in their design. They decided that the invention was so significant, it had more value as a free life saving tool than something to profit from.

Volvo’s managing director Alan Dessell is quoted as saying: “The decision to release the three-point seat belt patent was visionary and in line with Volvo’s guiding principle of safety.”

My Dad was VP of manufacturing at American Safety in the early 60's (they make seatbelts mostly for airplanes and later for cars)
I remember he had a prototype 3 point drivers side seat belt in our 1963 Dodge station wagon and my friends would ask me if he was a "race car diver")

I'm going to loose my sugar if any more Telsa fans refer to Apple stock as APPL....
What about the people who think Telsa's actual stock ticker is TLSA, and every time something happens to TSLA there is a corresponding pop in TLSA?

You can probably play TLSA for quick gains because of this phenomenon, now that I think about it. I don't even know what company TLSA is.

View attachment 571519

FUD is still FUD. Here is a simple very short article on Gig Berlin "Swift" plant construction schedule. Yet the author uses the following site photo in their August 1st (today's) article.View attachment 571525

Instead of photo from videos posted today such as the one below. There is no excuse for sloppy journalism.
View attachment 571526
You do realize that publications still need to gain the rights to every photo they publish via signing agreements or purchasing them. They can't just publish a random photo from some random video

So TSLA didn't get announced for inclusion within a few days of the 10k. I always look on the positive side. I haven't tried short term calls for sometime - keep getting burnt using them and now the stakes are much higher. However, the later down the line, the increased likelihood of it happening within a 2 week window. I might look to buy a 2 week call in 1 week if we don't get announced by then. What could possibly go wrong?

What about the people who think Telsa's actual stock ticker is TLSA, and every time something happens to TSLA there is a corresponding pop in TLSA?

You can probably play TLSA for quick gains because of this phenomenon, now that I think about it. I don't even know what company TLSA is.

While we’re on the subject of deliberate coinky-dinks, there are “TSLA” yoga pants on Amazon which my wife seems to like.

OT... sorry but I got to ask here because I know that you guys are great and trustable.
I am thinking to invest heavily (100k+) on High distribution MLP , such as Energy Transfer, because I want to have quarterly cashflow instead of buy-and-hold and live a poor life. I heard that the distribution is basically tax free unless you sell one day. If you die and your children inherit it, there is still no tax. (based on this Video)
Do I miss any possible risk? is it too good to be true?

• Disagree
Reactions: SpaceCash
That is just the sunk cost fallacy.

Consumers aren't willing to pay cost plus reasonable profit for small cars.

With modern safety and emissions equipment. And customers expect a certain level of luxury equipment too. Like power windows, infotainment systems and air conditioning.

Europeans are far more likely to order top-spec subcompacts and micro cars than Americans. Still cars like the VW UP! are not profitable. No longer is the ICE Fiat 500 available, only electric 500 in top spec.

When electric drivetrains reach price parity it doesn't change the equation.

Electric drivetrains need to get significantly cheaper than ICE powertrains to make micro electric cars profitable.

That is why I say let the Indians and Chinese make electric microcars.

Tesla should make subcompact CUVs and bigger. Where the profits are.
Tesla's mission is pretty explicit. Nothing there about profits. Profits are at best a by-product. Any time there is a choice between putting more people into EV's faster on the one hand, and profits on the other hand, Tesla will choose the former if at all possible.

Tesla's mission is pretty explicit. Nothing there about profits. Profits are at best a by-product. Any time there is a choice between putting more people into EV's faster on the one hand, and profits on the other hand, Tesla will choose the former if at all possible.

Making unprofitable cars does not accelerate Tesla's mission as much as making profitable cars (and re-investing the profits into new production facilities).

Tesla is production limited, not demand limited. They are not even close to the point at which they can't sell all the mid-sized and large cars they can make. Is there something that all you advocates of micro-cars don't understand about that?

On top of that, microcars vs. larger cars makes more sense with gas than EV (because their lighter weight minimizes braking losses). EV's recover a large portion of the braking energy and thus the advantages of making them smaller and smaller is less compelling. The aerodynamic drag of a microcar is about the same as a larger car like the Model 3. But the real reason Tesla is not moving into microcars yet is because they can sell all the larger cars they can make and it's more advantageous to get larger gas cars off the road than microcars. Plus microcars would be a net drag on expanding production at this point in time.