Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good point. (Just to have fun and open a can of worms) I wonder what will happen to demand and production of new vehicles when(and if) Tesla establishes its robotaxi network on a large scale? At that point maybe we will stop thinking of the automotive side of Tesla's business in terms of vehicle units and more as number of miles traveled by said fleet.

When Tesla achieves full Robotaxi( not in the next 3 years IMO) RT will take as many "public transport miles" as it does "private automobile miles."

That is not what Green Utopians want to hear but that is reality.

Again the demand for private autos in developing nations( if for no other reason status) will outdo the drop in developed nations.

There are a billion Indians and a billion Africans that very much want to join the global middle class and part of that is owning your own car. Then there is the "other billion" in Southeast Asia/Latin America.

upload_2020-8-4_13-17-3.png

Let's see what they have to say on the webcast :)

Reactions: Khamul
Cadillac unveils its all-electric "Lyriq" on Thursday.

Cadillac to Reveal the Electric Lyriq

At least they saved 2 ft of battery charging cable inside by lowering the charge port down to knee level.
Aren't Cadi's for old people, or was that just Buick?
Maybe they'll hit on the EV Hummer... I was more a GM person. Especially over that windshield wiper delay circuit that Ford ripped off (Movie: Flash of Genius), and then Ford vs Ferrari just kinda amplified the evil in them. No love loss there.

At least they saved 2 ft of battery charging cable inside by lowering the charge port down to knee level.
Aren't Cadi's for old people, or was that just Buick?
Maybe they'll hit on the EV Hummer... I was more a GM person. Especially over that windshield wiper delay circuit that Ford ripped off (Movie: Flash of Genius), and then Ford vs Ferrari just kinda amplified the evil in them. No love loss there.
Yeah that fender sliding open is a good idea/S:rolleyes:

to those opposed to split because of fear of ineligibility of fractional trading. found this from a recent IB advertisement and the FAQs for frac trading

Fractional Trading | Interactive Brokers LLC

Who is eligible for fractional share permissions?
Individual accounts (both standalone accounts and clients of Financial Advisors) and organizational accounts including Lite customers are eligible for fractional share permissions with the exception of the following:

• Clients with residency in Israel
  • Clients of Interactive Brokers Luxembourg SARL
  • Canadian RRSP/TFSA accounts
——
i remember a european member saying they weren’t eligible for frac shares but i don’t remember if was broker related or country restrictions. hopefully this helps

LITE customers = IB’s commission free accounts in addition to Pro accts

Maybe there should be a thread created about this. Since being furloughed 4 months ago, boredom is killing me. Obviously COVID restrictions exacerbate the problem.

Not knowing what I'm going to do each and every day 6 days/week has thrown me off my game. I need daily structure and have not (yet) been able to create enough new routines.

Not complaining.The lack of pressure is awesome. My net worth has boomed this year because of TSLA so I'm in very good financial shape. But my mind needs challenges. Can someone here help direct me to the mindset of "where did I ever find the time to go to work 8 hours per day, 5 days per week!?"

You need more hobbies. I need to retire so I can do all of them. As it is, I'm a competitive cyclist and need at least 5 days a week on the bike, with 3 of the days being at least 3 hours on the bike. On my "days off," I ride first thing in the morning, and then quickly get to the airport to fly my glider. Right now I'm limited to three days of flying a week. I usually fly 4+ hours/flight, and would love another day to improve further so that maybe I can compete some day on the national or international stage (on Saturday I flew 504km at an average speed of 129km/hr). I haven't had time to play golf in years. I don't have time to travel. I like to tinker and do projects, but I don't have time for that stuff either. The only hesitation I have retiring at 50 right now, is that I went to school for ever to become a surgeon, and I feel like I'm letting everyone down if I retire at my peak, even though I no longer enjoy going to work....

F9BDAC1B-B4C0-4B2C-8A95-72A940E49229_1_201_a.jpeg 780CFBE4-B744-4AFD-8253-844661D718E5_1_201_a.jpeg2C8F8351-0946-4A76-89C1-72CFCCB7E75A_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited: