Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. The link requires a subscription, but was able to read a little. What's interesting to me is that Peter Thiel is a founder. Peter, as we know, is a friend/former partner of Elon's.
I think it would really cool if a Silicon Valley cadre were strategically planning on how to shift power from Wall St to the Valley. Setup a whole new eco system of investment banks and exchanges, because if they aren't on board with making the world a better place then f*ck em. We already know there's a disruptive force (fintech) nipping at the traditional financial world.
The big question is whether short sales will be allowed. I've read nothing that addresses short sales. If the exchange at least prohibited market maker naked short sales, that would help a lot.

April China sales estimates were published on the EV-salesblog:
Model 3 April 3,000 units
Model 3 YTD 6,738 units
EV Sales: China April 2019

April Model 3 US (InsideEV): 10,050
April Model 3 EU (Spreadsheet): 3,670

April Model 3 sum (exclusive other countries such as Canada): 16,720
April Model 3 sum (including all countries) were estimated to be (see my previous post): 19,100

In comparison Jan 19 global model 3 sales: 7,277

Reactions: Drax7 and EinSV
This was posted on Chinese message board. I hope someone clarified it. : teslamotors

upload_2019-5-23_12-12-16.png

Question: I know the (stupid) SEC agreement limits what Elon can share about production numbers in tweets and the company blog. Does it say anything about internal e-mails? I guess they are okay, but can anyone confirm?

Confidential internal emails would not be subject to an SEC violation unless it could be shown that EM deliberately leaked it OR asked someone else to leak it. trying to prove either might prove difficult, especially if leaked by a trusted person who would not turn EM in.

Comes off as a bit desperate imo
Not if it’s on the heels of a 90k delivery quarter. Might even trigger a short squeeze in that scenario!

Most everyone on TMC thinks Elon is amazing, and a good percentage of the general population thinks he is as well. But another percentage thinks he’s a putz, and that seems to be driving the narrative. Let’s change that, wipe out demand issues, juice the stock price and recover high territory. $1B should do it.

If the email is true and Tesla hits guidance for Q2 deliveries, or even comes close, this will be quite the shock for Mr. gloomy market. What I'm wondering is, will it take until the deliveries report in early July for the market to figure it out? I have a hard time seeing this kind of stock movement continuing until early July, but who knows.

Question: I know the (stupid) SEC agreement limits what Elon can share about production numbers in tweets and the company blog. Does it say anything about internal e-mails? I guess they are okay, but can anyone confirm?

There's no limit on what Elon can say. He just needs to get somebody to pre-approve it.

“Second, non-tariff factors that will impact China demand include Chinese consumers boycotting Tesla and Chinese officials adding complexity to the delivery process.”

The Chinese aren't stupid: Tesla is investing in China and wants to build cars over there (which, incidentally, would make a lot of Chinese more aware of some very advanced technology in growing markets).

There's not one thing China would like more but to see Tesla move cars from China to e.g. Europe, Australia, etc. instead of moving them from Fremont to these markets.

Unlike some who shall remain nameless, the Chinese are very good at strategic thinking; if they wanted to hurt some US car companies I'm sure they could find much more suitable targets and not engage in some knee-jerk brinkmanship.

If the email is true and Tesla hits guidance for Q2 deliveries, or even comes close, this will be quite the shock for Mr. gloomy market. What I'm wondering is, will it take until the deliveries report in early July for the market to figure it out? I have a hard time seeing this kind of stock movement continuing until early July, but who knows.
Well, it can't go down 5% per day every day, that's for sure.

Reactions: dqd88