Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I notice the current oil price is only $56.90 so the RSA drone strikes are not an issue.

Australia is the worst case for shipping logistics, with cars built mid-July only now being delivered.

Smaller more frequent shipping is the ideal solution, a few hundred cars may be perhaps too small, but there are some orders not filled with impatient customers, a small batch to satisfy long suffering customers waiting for particular models or colors would not surprise.

Actually about 300-500 cars every 2 weeks might be ideal for Australia, the delivery staff here would certainly be much happier.

Last edited:
I'm only surprised because I expect them to use their GF2 panels where possible.

But they clearly don't have the volume or price for the low end of the market.
I had the GF2 panels installed in April by a 3rd party who got them for a reasonable price per Watt. I don't see any rational reason a customer would want the Q 310 panels vs Panasonic 330s if just hardware cost were the concern.

I wouldn't have taken them if they were free. Not that they're bad, I just want the US made 25yr warranty higher efficiency option on my limited roof sq footage. Solar hardware simply isn't a large enough portion of the cost mix to skimp.

Yeah I remember that but it was kinda unclear if he was talking about profits or sales and if it was sales, if it was in comparison to Q4 2019. Its honestly hard for me to see how Q1 will be that tough and its extremely hard to see a repeat of Q1 2019. Sure seasonality is an issue, but that's mostly in the US and even then, SR 3 is available this time around when it wasnt in Q1 2019. Plus they won't be short handed on 2170 cell production like they were in Q1 2019.The tax credit fall off shouldn't be nearly as bad from the one from Q4 2018-Q1 2019. In Q1 2020 Giga3 should be around 2-3k a week. That's 24,000 to 36,000 additional model 3's. Then add in that the FCA credits should start making a much bigger impact starting in 2020. Plus FSD feature complete deferred revenue

Idk just seems like an awful lot of good things that'll continue into Q1 2020.
I like your ideas, but deduct 2 wks production for 2020Q1 at GF3 for Chinese New Year. The whole country shuts down for 2 wks. It'll be like -15% qtrly production vs nominal run rate.
Cheers!

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Yeah I remember that but it was kinda unclear if he was talking about profits or sales and if it was sales, if it was in comparison to Q4 2019. Its honestly hard for me to see how Q1 will be that tough and its extremely hard to see a repeat of Q1 2019. Sure seasonality is an issue, but that's mostly in the US and even then, SR 3 is available this time around when it wasnt in Q1 2019. Plus they won't be short handed on 2170 cell production like they were in Q1 2019.The tax credit fall off shouldn't be nearly as bad from the one from Q4 2018-Q1 2019. In Q1 2020 Giga3 should be around 2-3k a week. That's 24,000 to 36,000 additional model 3's. Then add in that the FCA credits should start making a much bigger impact starting in 2020. Plus FSD feature complete deferred revenue

Idk just seems like an awful lot of good things that'll continue into Q1 2020.

Isn’t it possible Model Y expenditures start up more heavily in Q1, explaining the bad quarter?

Not only does northern Australia have excellent solar resources, there is a lot of potential to generate tidal electrcity there.

I hope this project gets up, Singapore has limited or no options for RE generation, and a lot of SE Asia has high population relative to the available solar resource. Also dropping a cable in the ocean is much cheaper than building land based transmission.

You don't see much to support that Tesla is currently operating in as much of a mad scramble as the last few quarters.
Lol, good points. But when I see Elon's G-650ER winging toward Cologne Bonn EDDK imma make my reservation for that PLAID X. :D

tesla-plaid-x.png

Can't wait to hear the GWh figure :)
5B plans solar "speed record" for 10GW plant in north Australia | RenewEconomy

Sydney-based 5B said on Thursday that it had been selected by Sun Cable as the preferred technology partner for its ground-breaking Australia-Singapore Power Link project – a $20 billion, 10GW solar farm and a 20-30GW hour storage facility near Tennant Creek in the Northern Territory of Australia.

Storage increases the capacity factor of the undersea cable.

Edit. Here is a more recent article, but not informative about battery size.
Cannon-Brookes confirms investment in world's biggest solar project | RenewEconomy

Last edited:

The dilemma in which ICEV makers find themselves is summarised neatly between 2:00 and 3:15.

To compete in the EV market, they need to offer better than e-tron and I-pace, both flops. And of course it’s not an EV market, it’s a car market.

Trying appears to be futile. Not trying is like being on death row.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: SpaceCash and mongo