Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...if you're dealing in lots of 100, any reason why you couldn't sell calls at the strike price that brings your position back to the UVL, and collect the options premium, instead? (I guess using limit orders in this case gives you flexibility to more easily cancel an order, but.)
Thanks. Not interested in the risks that come with covered calls. You also don't unlock all the capital in a share writing calls.

I've often fantasised... oh sorry, wrong forum...

No, seriously, I have a crazy scenario where Tesla buys GM, Ford and VW, and immediately shuts-down all ICE production.

BAF!!!

If share price keeps on climbing . . . that might be the fastest way to Elon's vision.

Although I would imagine it would be a nightmare in terms of lawsuits, unions, etc.

Last edited:
MIght buy some 460 calls expiring today, right before market close, hoping for an after SPoon(hopefully) pop in AH.

Are you planning on exercising them AH if they go ITM? My understanding is that typically one can alert their brokerage up until 5:30 to exercise a call; so if (big if) there's an announcement at 5:15 that gives 15 minutes to make the call. Is my understanding of that all correct?

(I don't plan on doing this myself, just interested in learning the mechanics.)

• Helpful
Reactions: gabeincal
Are you planning on exercising them AH if they go ITM? My understanding is that typically one can alert their brokerage up until 5:30 to exercise a call; so if (big if) there's an announcement at 5:15 that gives 15 minutes to make the call. Is my understanding of that all correct?

(I don't plan on doing this myself, just interested in learning the mechanics.)

That is my understanding and my plan.

Whomever took one for the team, thanks!

A Nightmare on Wall Street...

upload_2020-9-4_21-37-5.png

Last edited:
There is an acronym list in the FAQ: FAQ: TSLA Investor Discussions

but BB is missing I see. Generally I think one should avoid using acronyms that are not common (eg FAQ). Too much acronyms can easily lead to incomprehensible language for newcomers.
That's a thought, but I believe the beetles in the pudding are that if a person is so new they are not familiar with the terms, they are likely to do themselves financial harm. After they have read enough posts so that they grok the terms they are in a better position to profit from the discussions.