Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is Reuters take on the export story out of Giga Shanghai: (small quote)

Tesla is planning to export Model 3 vehicles made in China to Asian and European markets, two sources familiar with the matter told Reuters on Friday.

This could be about RHD markets being served from Shanghai but I also expect it would allow Tesla to supply a lower cost version of the SR+ into those markets, ie the version that uses the CATL LFP batteries.​

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019-2020 Investors' Roundtable

@MP3Mike @callmesam

Tell that to them then.

31:25 "they have chargers that can deliver up to 1000v, that enables us to put a lot of power into the car and charge very very fast"

58:30 "why did we choose a 900 volt architecture? And what are our long term charging infrastructure plans" ... "our world leading efficiency of above 4.5 miles per kWh makes charging faster and reduces the cost of a mile driven" ... "really fast charging. Our 900 plus high voltage architecture enables us, amongst other benefits, to take advantage of the 350 KW charging infrastructure"

I didn't make it up, I just reported what they said so don't shoot the messenger with a bunch of disagrees.

It will be interesting to see what kind of battery capacity degradation they will encounter at that voltage.

When was Battery Day first scheduled and when was that date first said by Elon?

...not sure the relevance? But It had already been talked about in late 2019 without giving a specific date... I think first "official" suggested date was given in end of January on earnings call as a presentation coming in April...Then pushed to third week in May...then pushed out again- initially they said maybe do a webcast in June and in-person months later.... but that didn't happen either... then finally September

• Informative
Reactions: oldTAVguy
Accumulate shares?:confused:

Hopefully the rest of you were able to predict the MMD price better than I did. Yesterday's WAG was off by .56 and I paid too much today.

Oh well, it doesn't matter when you're LONG.
I'm in for 100 @367.40...yeah it ain't the low...but it for absofreakingly sure ain't the high:p:cool:

The stock price didn't exactly love autonomy day though- I still feel it's gonna be sell on news because outside of Plaid S (which will be downplayed as a niche vehicle- which honestly it is) it's gonna mostly be nerdy "not mainstream today but huge impact tomorrow" stuff that'll go over most reporter and analysts heads anyway
It was during a time seemed as a stock pump event because "demand was collapsing" for Tesla cars and TSLA shares. Also it's hard for people to fathom if Tesla's solution will actually work. The demo they showed was in a controlled environment and didn't allow analysts to punch in any route they wanted. So it's a non event until the features are actually pushed out or if Tesla is more transparent about the progress (more demo videos updated constantly would be nice). It's really hard to price it in when Elon seems to be the only person who has the software and we just have to take his word for it.

...not sure the relevance? But It had already been talked about in late 2019 without giving a specific date... I think first "official" suggested date was given in end of January on earnings call as a presentation coming in April...Then pushed to third week in May...then pushed out again- initially they said maybe do a webcast in June and in-person months later.... but that didn't happen either... then finally September

So Battery Day was blowing his mind 5 months ago. What have they used that time for?

Do Elon and Tesla sit on their hands? /s

Maybe, just maybe, they have spent the time moving from blowing his mind to maybe just a little, just little bit, more. /s

So Battery Day was blowing his mind 5 months ago. What have they used that time for?

Do Elon and Tesla sit on their hands? /s

Maybe, just maybe, they have spent the time moving from blowing his mind to maybe just a little, just little bit, more. /s

Or maybe Elon just overhypes how amazing everything is?

Remember how enhanced summon went from MIND BLOWING to "it almost doesn't suck"? as they were almost a full year late delivering it? :)

Or, to be more fair-maybe he has a deeper understanding of the engineering and the impact it'll have to future Tesla efforts- so it's mind blowing to HIM but not so much to the famous Mr. Market we all talk about who doesn't know WTF an anode is he just knows "amazing batteries in our $140,000 car, off this tiny prototype line.... and coming later in stuff not yet on the road and built in the factories that aren't done yet in germany and texas" isn't TODAY EXCITING stock news.

It was during a time seemed as a stock pump event because "demand was collapsing"

We just had the same story on GJs appearance like a week ago.

Literally nothing has changed with that nonsense narrative.

It
The demo they showed was in a controlled environment and didn't allow analysts to punch in any route they wanted. So it's a non event until the features are actually pushed out or if Tesla is more transparent about the progress (more demo videos updated constantly would be nice). It's really hard to price it in when Elon seems to be the only person who has the software and we just have to take his word for it.

Likewise until the next-gen alien tech batteries are in the mass produced cars it's mostly a non event.

Plaid S will be awesome, but it's a niche product.

Cybertruck with 500 miles range while towing with roadrunner batteries would be incredibly awesome but that's not gonna be sold today. Or anytime this year.

3/Y are unlikely to see revolutionary alien tech ON battery day either because they simply don't have the capacity to do that (and their extending the Panasonic deal 3 years would've made no sense).

So again- cool from a geek engineering perspective, but a non-event in a very similar way to autonomy day in that it's mostly great news about stuff that won't actually be in public hands for a while (apart from plaid)

I think another benefit of a million mile battery is to dispel the misconception that EV batteries are expensive and need to be replaced. I've seen that mentioned many times by FUDsters. There could be a significant number of people on the fence because they fear incurring a large cost to replace the battery.

Most consumers only experience with rechargeable batteries is their cell phone.
A device where the batteries are designed to fail.

Current pick-up trucks are terrible at real off-road work. They can be good for a mud-bog or whatnot but they fail miserably at true off-road work. The Cybertruck will likely be an improvement over other stock pickups due to it's electric motors and long-travel, fully adjustable air suspension but it is still not a purpose built off-road vehicle..
No kidding. You are lucky if you get two or three years out of them when doing real off-road work. And remember, something like the Humvee only gets the life it does because every time it comes back there is a motor-pool full of mechanics that put it back together again.