Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everything just dropped rapidly - I guess that's the "no stimulus deal today, folks"?

Aha, not today, not tomorrow either!

upload_2020-10-6_21-26-16.png

Last edited:
Lol!! Let me tell you about balls of steel... 100% of my life savings have been in TSLA since early 2012. In February this year, I borrowed an additional £40k and added 100% of it to my holding. It's now at a point where on particularly volatile days the value of my holding fluctuates by more than your entire ROTH!

And I'm as tranquil as the Money Calm Bull... (Google it, it's a British thing)

I think the reason I'm so calm is I treat my ownership of TSLA as if it was my own growing business. I feel I'm a part owner of one of the most transformative companies in the world today, with enormous potential. It's not just a shareholding to me.

Or maybe I'm just too stupid to realise how precarious my financial situation is by doing what I've done! :eek:

To be fair, someone over 50 with a lower net worth is under much more stress than a person whose net worth is significantly higher even if the % tied into Tesla is the same. Losing or gaining 50% won't change the lifestyle of the latter that much, but is a life changer for the other.

To be fair, someone over 50 with a lower net worth is under much more stress than a person whose net worth is significantly higher even if the % tied into Tesla is the same. Losing or gaining 50% won't change the lifestyle of the latter that much, but is a life changer for the other.

I agree. For what it's worth, I'm 52 now, when I invested all in TSLA I was 43 and only had £33k in life/pension savings and a very low total net worth with very little property equity. I thank Elon Musk & Tesla everyday for transforming my life financially beyond anything I was expecting.

Trump just tweeted that he is stopping all negotiations on a COVID stimulus until after election. Baby taking football and going home.
Weird tactics
Wouldn't it be easier to vote him out if he is in the way of a stimulus deal? Negotiate with the democrats or be the democrats...hmmm.

Weird strategy with a -14 point deficit right now.

Really thought he would want a win before the elections, sending out personal messages like last time to not forget to thank him.

Many of our top government officials have COVID...because....reasons.
Trump just tweeted no new stimulus until after the elections.
That'll do it.

Also....there's the pending him going back to the hospital in a few days. I'm not saying I want this to happen exactly I'm just saying I fully expect this to happen.

I wonder what the bottom will be here.

Trump just tweeted that he is stopping all negotiations on a COVID stimulus until after election. Baby taking football and going home.

That's a good explanation for general market tanking, as it influences a lot of financial activity and business.
But I am still trying to wrap my mind around how many people were planning to buy a Tesla car from the stimulus money ? I can't imagine being a whole lot of people hoping to get THAT much stimulus...
So, how exactly does this influence Tesla business ?