Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think another reason (besides all the owners doing it for free) that Tesla dissolved their PR department is because they don't give a anymore about what analysts and media are saying about them and they are focusing on executing and letting the results speak for themselves.

Tesla has built up a great set of 3rd party sites that do the PR for them, so honestly there isn't much need for a PR department.

Elon has shown that if something is factually inaccurate, he's going to tweet pretty quickly and correct it (unless he wants to keep us guessing).

I waited till after the IPO assuming the share price would first spike and then come down lower. Ended up buying my first shares at $24, so my plan didn't work out but I still did OK.
That must keep you up at nights, tossing and turning on your giant pile of money. ;)

My first buy in was at $150. I wish I had gone in really heavy then but didn't until I got my Model 3. Then it really made sense. Started in at the low 300s up to 380, and then sweated my arse off buying down to $180. lol

Last edited:
That must keep you up at nights, tossing and turning on your giant pile of money. ;)

My first buy in was at $150. I wish I had gone in really heavy then but didn't until I got my Model 3. Then it really made sense.

Similar boat. I watched TSLA for about 5 years, even 2 after having our Model S, just because I had gotten so burned on other investments. Finally went in at $180 pre-split.

Every day now I wish I had put in a 10X larger investment at that time.

If you think it's going down and are waiting to buy until it drops to that price, why wouldn't you sell a put for that price and get paid extra to buy it at the price you already want to and expect it to drop to?
I do have puts but instead of using that strategy I just bought a few naked puts bought the weekly 400 put 20 of them. Iv was low enough that they were dirt cheap

Why not these:
Test Ride Request | Polaris GEM
There are tons of those around that seem ideal for that use.
Thanks for sharing, I didn't know these American-made EVs existed. I'm definitely going to suggest these to my city council for their Parks and Rec maintenance vehicles; also appropriate for city landscaping services and parking enforcement.

I already have a MY and bicycles, so that covers my transportation needs for now. All my money is in TSLA and don't want to take it out. Only buying Tesla products for the foreseeable future.

I see macros going up, but TSLA going the other way. It's one of those wasted days again.

I guess we will start moving up again when we get close to the Q3 report.
I think @Papafox had a good interpretation of the action we're seeing, and will likely continue to see leading up to Q3 ER day. He wrote yesterday:

"This morning in the main investor's thread, @rsm287 posted this image, which is of a mini-tender offer by a company trying to buy 500,000 shares of TSLA at $420 US. The implication is that large companies have taken the Production and Delivery numbers into account, plugged them into their spreadsheets, and deduced that Tesla is going to show a very substantial profit at the Q3 ER. They're trying to pick up lots of shares through direct purchase, but other less honest companies will likely use tactics to scare investors out of their shares (such as by manufacturing dips in the stock price)."

I waited till after the IPO assuming the share price would first spike and then come down lower. Ended up buying my first shares at $24, so my plan didn't work out but I still did OK.
I bought my first at $22.xx (at $1 for 5.5NOK, compared to todays $1 at 9.5NOK), I think it was after the ATVM loan. Figuring that the US goverment had done some kind of due diligence. I of course used a tiny bit of my Model S savings account, and not like 20% of what I had saved which would have been VERY different today. But yeah been in TSLA for a long time, soonish hitting my 10 year anniversary.

upload_2020-10-6_9-53-55.png

Interesting....

Not one of oldest members here but still got in pretty early. Still haven’t sold a single share. No options, no leverage (unless you count taking out a loan for my P85+ instead of paying cash so I could invest more in TSLA). Used to joke I wasn’t selling until $4K (pre-split). Now I’m not planning to sell until $4K period. Buy and hold really works.

View attachment 595855

It's so beautiful . . . I'm crying.

OK, MY Face should at least be nominated for Mount Teslamore. You guys talk about buying in at a certain PRICE and making big bucks... Well if you got a million dollars and you put $50k in TSLA you ain't risking your life.
Me? I am balls in. It should be about how much of Your Savings, not how much money. Used to be I couldn't buy a coke unless it was a special event. Now I've got four 2 liter bottles sitting on the floor, just sitting there. No one's Birthday is this week.
So when it comes to Bull... here is my nut sack. This is all my life's savings. And it ain't like I didn't save. If I was all in on TSLA and only had 3 shares then I'd not have the "life-changing" aspect this does. A quarter-of-a-million-Dollars is a huge amount when the four 2 liter bottles of coke you have on the floor are Generic coke because you can't see wasting the money to get real coke. Now I do almost own my home, and my truck is paid for but it is 12 yrs old... this is what a tesla stock market account looks like (Thankfully it is all in a ROTH).

Symbol Last Price $ Change $ Change % Days Gain $ Total Gain $ Volume Value $ Price Paid $ Qty Total Cost
ALLM 0.107 -0.0028 -2.55% -352.23 -13,366.28 25575 13,460.17 0.21191 125,796 26,826.46
NVNXF 0.885 0.1162 15.11% 87.15 19.30 521321 663.75 0.85 750 644.45
TSLA 417.2209 -8.46 -1.99% -5,126.21 -25,468.44 27712858 252,835.87 459.2480 606 278,304.31

THAT is roughly 91% TSLA of my $278K ROTH. (And I don't have any other Stock or investments. And I am 64 yrs old). So if we are talking about Bulls' nutsacks let make it real... it ain't if you have a big nutsack, it is the percentage of the nutsack you are willing to risk. Sure I'd like to have a bazillion dollars in TSLA, but I ain't got a BAZILLION DOLLAHS. However 9/10ths of my sack is on the butcher's block.
Am I crazy? Am I reckless? When does a Bull go from being "bullish" to reckless?