Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this is OT. Does anyone have experience on trading in a Tesla with FSD to Tesla ? I am looking into buying a used Tesla with FSD for short term and then trade in that 2 years later once Cybertruck arrives. Does Tesla give a better value for the car because it has FSD?

Here's today's Tech chart from 09:30 EDT:

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2020-11-05.09-30.png

Cheers!

The drop in green tech stocks due to a biden lead seems to be counter intuitive. It smells of manipulation. Will be a buyer.

In general, I am switching into growth buy mode. Clean energy and tech and letting go of cash generation and also funneling all cash generated in that direction. This will probably be the macro environment going forward if it is a Biden win.

I agree the drop in green tech was over-done but it wasn't due to a Biden lead - it was due to congressional seats remaining republican.

Markets wrongly priced in violence/disruptions for a close election. So far, this hasn't happened. ...
I think most of the law abiding citizens support the complete count of votes and understand that it is the central tenet for a democracy.
Unfortunately I have seen plenty of 'neighbors' posting edge stuff about civil war. I think the market will go up substantially as soon as a winner is called, especially if it happens today during market hours.

• Informative
Reactions: Criscmt
Sorry if this is OT. Does anyone have experience on trading in a Tesla with FSD to Tesla ? I am looking into buying a used Tesla with FSD for short term and then trade in that 2 years later once Cybertruck arrives. Does Tesla give a better value for the car because it has FSD?

Wrong forum. But why don't you get a quote? It's easy.

Clearly you're not concerned about further 'rona lockdowns resulting in some instability and possible buying opportunities during the winter. Why? Looks to me as far as events that can push stocks in one direction or another, we got all the positive outcomes just now, and the kinda stocks you're talking about have already jumped pretty far. I'm not trying to question your action, just want to understand. I'm mostly all in anyway but whatever dry powder I have, I'm planning to only use it if there's a 'rona related buying opportunity.

Rona will end.
Tech work can generally be work from home and moving forward rona accelerated the automation process. Green tech just because of dems.

Also, there are still undiscovered tech. I am not going to crowd into amzn or aapl.

The amount of tech work my friends are getting is pretty insane. This event concentrated a lot of wealth into tech workers and they are consumer of tech. Upon inspecting non tech workers habits you'll realize a large discrepancy between their spending on tech.

Last edited:
Rona will end.
Tech work can generally be work from home and moving forward rona accelerated the automation process. Green tech just because of dems.

The amount of tech work my friends are getting is pretty insane.

I've seen a huge digitalization shift forward this year as well. The move to remote work, greater focus on data analysis to support rapid shifts in process condensed 3 years of transformation into a single year. The acceleration is likely to continue, pushing forward years of progress to the right as well. For Tesla, I think this helps them, with more users shifting to cars away from mass transit and little impact at the top of the job market, at least to date. I think Dem win increases the odds of stimulus and more support on the low end of the job market, which has been decimated and will not recover. The tech we're excited about here, is going to continue to impact the Gig workers, maybe they're will be more jobs in the long run, but FSD alone could impact 4-10 million drivers in the next 5 years. Restaurants shift to delivery from local dining is not going to shift fully back.
Any added regulation of a Biden admin could be offset by a steadier hand at trade agreements and a focus on steady progress. Long term focus on Paris accords and intellectual property is more likely through stronger trade agreements, then strong arming. Hopefully they can stay away from the gridlock issues and engage on the positive options, even if both parties focus on the gridlock issues to appease their base, there is a lot of work to be done. One thing Trump is right about is the need to increase our growth rate. Getting sustained 3% plus is needed for Social Security and for our national defense. We should be pushing Europe to do the same and encouraging Europe to move to sustained 3% deficits instead of 2%, they need more leverage to increase sustained growth, all of which will help speed the shift to Tesla and overall to green energy and greener mobility.

Currently FSD is not transferable. check before buy

*TESLA SEEKS CHINA PERMISSION TO MAKE CHINA-MADE MODEL Y: RTRS
https://twitter.com/ray4tesla/status/1324368364353978369?s=20

"
BREAKING: @Tealacn completed the filing of MIC Model Y & now it’s listed as registered with China Ministry of Industry & Information Technology. The photo below clearly shows it’s a Model Y made in
1f1e8-1f1f3.svg

cuz it carries the badge of 特斯拉 (Tesla in Chinese). Stay tuned for updates."

I think this might have something to do with stock movement today...

Tesla Semi secures one of its biggest orders to date from US-Canada logistics company

Tesla recently received reservations for 150 Semi trucks from Pride Group Enterprise (PGE), which operates businesses in equipment, rental, leasing, logistics, and sales. While the firm has placed reservations for 150 trucks for now, PGE has also made room to increase its order to 500 Tesla Semis in the future.

I think this might have something to do with stock movement today...

Tesla Semi secures one of its biggest orders to date from US-Canada logistics company

Tesla recently received reservations for 150 Semi trucks from Pride Group Enterprise (PGE), which operates businesses in equipment, rental, leasing, logistics, and sales. While the firm has placed reservations for 150 trucks for now, PGE has also made room to increase its order to 500 Tesla Semis in the future.
Saw that. The demand for Semis is going to be ridiculous. 200k savings over the vehicle lifetime so basically Tesla semis will be free. ;)

Well, THEY didn't intervene yet today, so far so good. Now I feel like the markets are impatient for some news...

And Trump has a "news conference" in an hour or so, no doubt will shout about stopping the count, etc., might rattle the markets, but reality is that he has no legal recourse on any of this, mainly because America operates in an, erm, democracy, I think it's called?