Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dr. Know it all on YT is dialed. He’s got some excellent unique content. But I enjoyed these thoughts on starlink incorporation into tesla vehicles. I know it’s been discussed before but I’ve seen many nay sayers here and this video certainly lends some credence to the possibility.

I'm sure it's technically feasible and I would enjoy connectivity when outside the cellular network, but I don't see how this video lends any credence to Tesla deciding it was a good fit. Projecting far into the future is fraught with uncertainties but I feel pretty confident it won't be happening in the next year or two as Dr. Know it All is projecting. The primary benefit over simply upgrading the standard radio to 5G is pretty much increased coverage of data services in rural areas. And I don't see current coverage impacting sales.

They wrote that guy a ticket. A TICKET. How about arresting him?

I agree. If he did that same maneuver to a cop he would probably be charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

When are all the idiots out there going to wake up to the fact that every Tesla has a bunch of cameras looking in all directions to record their bad behavior?

I'm sure it's technically feasible and I would enjoy connectivity when outside the cellular network, but I don't see how this video lends any credence to Tesla deciding it was a good fit. Projecting far into the future is fraught with uncertainties but I feel pretty confident it won't be happening in the next year or two as Dr. Know it All is projecting. The primary benefit over simply upgrading the standard radio to 5G is pretty much increased coverage of data services in rural areas. And I don't see current coverage impacting sales.

In my opinion this would enable further vertical integration instead of buying access for 4/5g you basically pay yourself (starlink) for service thus generating revenue for your ‘other’ business. I’m sure my logic is flawed. This is just the way it looks to my simple mind.

I agree. If he did that same maneuver to a cop he would probably be charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

When are all the idiots out there going to wake up to the fact that every Tesla has a bunch of cameras looking in all directions to record their bad behavior?
I should know this answer; is my model X recording even if I don’t have a usb drive in...and/or if sentry mode is disabled?
I assume yes as tesla (my insurer) would want to know what happened.
My son is often messing with things and a couple of times I’ve noticed the usb drive is out. Just curious.

Spotted on Twitter...

Tesla cameras used after accident. “Just the facts ma’am”

https://twitter.com/teslaownerssv/status/1325542208259330048?s=21

Tesla insurance will be raking it in...

subaru driver needs to lose their license for a bit.
(baby needs a timeout)
maybe a reckless endangerment, assault with a vehicle will calm them down a bit.

perhaps attempted manslaughter if they audit the persons financials and discover they are a resentful short seller

Holy shitake

https://twitter.com/KelvinYang7/status/1325641527557824512?s=20

Screenshot_20201108_195110_com.android.chrome.jpg

Even before seeing this, I was very confident in Tesla giving guidance of 1 million vehicles in 2021 on Q4 earnings. My bullishness has increased recently due to Europe Tesla model Y orders holders being contacted for 1st half 2021 delivery. Combined with the continued progress of construction at Giga Berlin and I'm very confident of 1 million deliveries.

This rumor/peice of news would solidify that even more while possibly raising the bar to an even higher level. So who knows.

Yeah, that's really at least 1.1M potential production from Fremont and Shanghai in 2021, but leaves out any estimate for Berlin.

We'd have to est. at least 25K for Giga Berlin, even if early produciton avgs just 1K/wk and doesn't start until Q3. And Tesla will of course aim to beat that of course.

Only point to take issue with is export of Model Y from China to Europe Asia/Pac (more likely). Seems less likely, given the obvious pent-up demand in China, and the continuing bty constraints. Unless CN-Y ships with LFP? Possible, I guess.

Then of course, in 2022
  • Fremont contines at 550K S3XY,
  • Shanghai goes to 10K/wk Model Y, maintains 5K Models 3
  • Berlin likely goes to 5K early in the year (again limited by bty supply), and
  • Giga Texas produces 5K Model Y
Somebody else care to add that all up? Imma predict 1.8M Tesla cars produced in 2022.

2023 will be the year of the Model 2. Gonna be bigly... :p

Cheers!

Last edited:
Yeah, that's really at least 1.1M potential production from Fremont and Shanghai in 2021, but leaves out any estimate for Berlin.

We'd have to est. at least 25K for Giga Berlin, even if early produciton avgs just 1K/wk and doesn't start until Q3. And Tesla will of course aim to beat that of course.

Only point to take issue with is export of Model Y from China to Europe. Seems less likely, given the obvious pent-up demand in China, and the continuing bty constraints. Unless CN-Y ships with LFP? Possible, I guess.

Cheers!

Those Chinese Model Ys are probably coming to us Asia Pacific folks.....

Come on Dodger, you know that place starting with the letter A, a bit like Canada, but with better weather...

We are prepared to share with our UK friends.

Only point to take issue with is export of Model Y from China to Europe. Seems less likely, given the obvious pent-up demand in China, and the continuing bty constraints. Unless CN-Y ships with LFP? Possible, I guess.

Nobody said that the MiC Model Ys would be shipping to Europe. They could be going to other countries. (After all it is only 10k units, so not (a) high volume market(s).)

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Even before seeing this, I was very confident in Tesla giving guidance of 1 million vehicles in 2021 on Q4 earnings. My bullishness has increased recently due to Europe Tesla model Y orders holders being contacted for 1st half 2021 delivery. Combined with the continued progress of construction at Giga Berlin and I'm very confident of 1 million deliveries.

This rumor/peice of news would solidify that even more while possibly raising the bar to an even higher level. So who knows.

Yeah I estimated 1 million next year, but made assumptions about some output from Berlin and a bit from Austin.

Now optimistic guess would be 1.2 million.

Japan may extend tax cuts for fuel-efficient cars | NHK WORLD-JAPAN News

The Japanese government is considering extending tax breaks for fuel-efficient vehicles. It wants to support automakers hit hard by the coronavirus pandemic.

Officials plan to take up the idea with governing parties as part of tax reforms for fiscal 2021. The tax breaks are currently due to expire at the end of April.

[...]​