Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice walk down going on. I’m not as confident as many here that we will be at $500 any time soon.
MMD. All this cash that was on the sidelines and is in value today will flow back into tech as we progress. This is way too sharp of an upswing in macros for TSLA to not see considerable forced short covering and fresh volume.

Any rumblings of inclusion this week? That would be some nice pile-on timing

Last edited:
Reactions: NooB_cat
Elon couldn't keep his lip sealed at Q3 Q&A, and gave away 2021 ballpark number. That prompted analysts to raise their 2021 estimates. The consensus number has gone up 200k, yet tsla even lost the momentum.

There's a reason for that. Elon has become a master of managing Wall St. expectations but most people can't see the forest for the trees because he does it on a much longer-term scale than most people can comprehend. Most companies manage expectations on a quarter/quarter basis. But it's quite simple really and understanding this specific point is probably one of the most important things an investor could glean from the volumes that has been written about TSLA. So more on this later.

TSLA is always going to be a volatile stock because there is likely to be a huge gulf between the future potential and the current reality. Elon understands the huge challenges of keeping rapidly expanding business on track. It doesn't do it without continual focus and hard work by the entire management team (and to a comparable degree by the workforce). I mention the workforce because it's also possible for them to lose their efficiency/effectiveness depending upon larger societal changes but it's managements job to manage the workforce in that context. Aha, but "robots" you say, but that doesn't really eliminate this factor because you need people to keep the robots effective (at least for the forseeable future).

This managing of the share price I mentioned, it's good for the stability and security of the company to be valued well above what a traditional analyst will tell you the company is worth based on near-term projected economic performance and projected growth rate but well below what a reasonably bullish person might figure the company is worth based on the long-term projected growth and earnings minus the time value of money. This is just another way of saying that it's not good for the company or shareholders for the current valuation to not be conservative when it comes to factoring in the risk of not executing on the long-term growth strategy (for whatever reason). While every shareholder would probably like to wealthy beyond their wildest fantasies already yesterday, that is not Elon's vision.

So he manages the share price, not on a day-to-day or quarter-to-quarter basis but on a multi-year basis. Because he's learned it's possible for investor enthusiasm to get ahead of itself and this is not good for the company or shareholders. That's exactly what happened back in 2013 and it led to ~5 years during which time the share price was relatively stagnant and became hugely undervalued near the end of that period. A steadily rising share price is better for the company and for investors as well.

TSLA will be volatile for years to come but this is not the kind of short-term volatility Elon is managing. He really doesn't care (at all) about that kind of volatility except to the extent he thinks it might indicate longer-term trends. Having said all that, one might think after the incredible gains over the last year plus that I must think TSLA is over-valued now. But I don't. And I can't read Elon's mind but I suspect he doesn't either. Tesla is currently in their absolute strongest growth period over the next three years in more ways than one. Investors perception and understanding of the company is exploding at the same time car production is exploding and new products are being developed and introduced to the market. We should be at the early stages of an S curve in terms of economic productivity and market understanding and the share price should reflect that. The rapid growth of both of these things over the near-term (next couple of years) should support the current "high" share price and even allow for steady growth in this same near-term time period.

In this context, it was not a blunder to "give away" the 2021 "ballpark number" but rather a way for Elon to validate the huge move we have seen over the last 12 months without causing the share price to go crazy. Because he knows there is plenty of growth left where that came from.

Epic manipulation this a.m., which started pre-market (there were sell orders as large as 10,800 shares being put in to cap). GM up over 5%, F up close to 5%, NIO up 6.5%, and TSLA (the best company among the four), up 2%. For those who do not think this stock is manipulated, just watch the Level II quotes when this stock tries to run. Often only works short-term, but "they" do bring it down in ways that, at least in my view, clearly show manipulation.

Epic manipulation this a.m., which started pre-market (there were sell orders as large as 10,800 shares being put in to cap). GM up over 5%, F up close to 5%, NIO up 6.5%, and TSLA (the best company among the four), up 2%. For those who do not think this stock is manipulated, just watch the Level II quotes when this stock tries to run. Often only works short-term, but "they" do bring it down in ways that, at least in my view, clearly show manipulation.
upload_2020-11-9_8-22-19.png

No manipulation according to my chart....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pretty good job there MMD. Tesla went from being up 4X Nasdaq in percentage gains at the peak this morning(1.7% Nas, 5.2% Tesla) to barely 2X.

Volume is already drying up so..........welcome to another week of nothing happening.
This is really starting to sound like a broken record (if anyone still remembers those).;) I sold a 11/27 500C this AM, before the MMD, so hoping for a couple weeks of minor moves.