Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, unless the economy goes to hell, I guess Q4 production numbers will be the next time we see a jump.

As soon as the world wakes to understand that Nickel is going exactly the same road as oil, the western world will diversify rather quickly.
During the Oil boom, the OPEC controlled huge reserves and the west had no choice but to deal with it. This time around, it is Indonesia and Philipines. Just for this fact, I believe that many canadian mines would come to life in a span of 5-10 years to not let Indonesia/Philipines become so powerful in controlling the supply chain.
So you are saying that the US is going to "liberate" Indonesia and the Philippines in the next few years?

I purchased the teslanaire.com domain sometime last year. I didn’t have a real plan in mind for it but wanted to keep it within this community. Your comment reminded me & I’ll start kicking around some ideas. Input welcome. Great community here. Hope everyone is doing well, we’re just getting started.

Simple placeholder suggestions: use Wix (easy, free, expandable), or WordPress (also free and expandable). Rather than Google's or others, IMHO. Simple image and "Under construction notice.

I like that image because it shows Tesla as much more than just a car company. It's a tech company.
upload_2020-11-13_8-49-25.png

Simple placeholder suggestions: use Wix (easy, free, expandable), or WordPress (also free and expandable). Rather than Google's or others, IMHO. Simple image and "Under construction notice.

I like that image because it shows Tesla as much more than just a car company. It's a tech company. View attachment 607920
Yes, but Copyright...:rolleyes:

Reactions: CLK350
My understanding is that Mercedes limited the amount of usable battery so that it would never show degradation, not that the battery was actually small. (I certainly agree that it was just for compliance purposes.)

The 2014 model would limit max SoC to 80% unless you purchased the 90% option. It included a button on the dash you had to push before charging to get to 90%. Subsequent model years discontinued the button and had 90% max SoC all of the time. If I remember right, the 100% battery capacity was 33kwh. I purchased mine for $50k in 2014 and sold it after 65k miles with practically no battery degradation. A friend bought the car and still loves it. I bought an S and still love it.

So I think I mostly decoded this. Rob--Tesla Daily, Jordan Geisege for battery tech-The Limiting Factor, Dave Lee on Investing.
I don't think I know who the "chicken dude" is, but I'd love to learn. SMC 4lolz? Not sure there either. Solving the Money Problem?
With a tear in my eye I wish we could still include uncle Jack Rickards in this list. Miss that old fellow.

View attachment 607866

Elon (probably) has COVID

Re Covid-19 there is a dedicated thread - I posted there some information, which received the TESLAQ treatment, not too surprisingly.
My opinion, hopefully useful for some here - in a nutshell we're ignoring the elephant in the room, we really need to be testing the strength of everybody's immune system and act preventively accordingly, it's not rocket science.
Also there are established *inexpensive* first line preventive and curative steps to take, which of course aren't publicized becau$e, ye$, you can guess.

More info if you want to go to the source, established US and foreign MD's

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/4682317/
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/coronavirus.183324/page-722#post-4682895

https://orthomolecular.activehosted.com/index.php?action=social&chash=0a09c8844ba8f0936c20bd791130d6b6.148
http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v16n51.shtml
Curing Viruses with Hydrogen Peroxide: Can a simple therapy stop the pandemic?

upload_2020-11-13_9-25-50.png

Why the image, you ask? Will let you ponder :D

My understanding is that Mercedes limited the amount of usable battery so that it would never show degradation, not that the battery was actually small. (I certainly agree that it was just for compliance purposes.)

You had to do an annual battery certification to maintain the battery warranty. They would replace some desiccant packs and test the capacity. In the 6yrs and 60k or so miles I drove it the battery degraded .1%. The car had 28kWh usable of 36kWh available. They did have an option that would allow you to use up to about 31kWh for longer trips.

Those tests work based on the amount of virus you have, which is based on the time you have had it.

You could have the virus, but not detectable levels, and get negative.

You could have the virus, at detectable levels, and get positive.

You could have the virus, right at the bubble of detectable, and get ping pong between positive and negative.

This is probably where Elon is at.

And I'm surprised he wouldn't understand how these tests work. It is not coin flip. It is detectable levels flip.

Regardless, happy the market seems to be not freaking out. Most probably Elon is positive. But being young, healthy and rich, it won't be a big deal for him, so no biggie for TSLA.

But... from a societal health point, he probably will get the wrong message about what coronavirus can do to people, and tweet about it, which is not great for USA.

Long live TSLA.

You can check out this 13F from EoQ3 from Baillie Gifford yourself here.

Thank you for the posting and the link. I think one can be confident that the share type referred to is the type that was being traded on the date of the report. When, for Tesla and by following the link, I divide the principal value by the number of shares I get $429 per share, which makes it clear that it's the post-split shares that are being enumerated.

Your hypothesis that the amount invested was calculated by multiplying the number of shares by the share price that day seems unnecessarily complicated, when the value of the amount invested is stated directly on the form.

It is still quite interesting that the value of TSLA held by institutions has gone up so much.