Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before COVID, the conclusion from the calculus I made is that cash flow is more important than growth. As you can just redeploy the extra cash back into investment if you can't find any better way to use it.

However, COVID and the eventual money printing changed that whole equation. Now it is 200% in growth assets. The thing about this inflation bubble is that there is going to be a lag between the inflation of financial asset and real assets. So you want to take advantage of this transitional time and get into financial assets to grow. Then in 1 or 2 years time when inflation starts to arrives in real assets you use the financial assets to buy real assets.

It looks like you are calling stocks "financial assets" and things like real estate (?) "real assets"? I think you mean "liquid assets" and "illiquid assets"? I don't consider stocks in real companies "financial assets" - they are every bit as "real" as houses or commercial buildings. The fact that stocks only represent fractional ownership doesn't change the nature of the asset.

To my way of thinking a "financial asset" would be cash, loans, mortgages, etc.

I am confused about the apparent BRK 13F release exemption. “We don’t want to disclose the name of a purchased company because it would cause the stock to rise”.
Help me out. I’m the new appointee to the SEC and want to make sure I’m acting in the best long-term interests of the investment community, including keeping Wall Street as the investment capital of the world...as there are, in fact, alternative venues.

It makes sense to me. Many S&P funds need to buy into TSLA between now and 12-21, and news of BRK buying a huge stake would certainly spike the stock up hard, so in order to keep the buying burden low for all of those S&P funds the SEC is hiding BRK's purchase for now.

It's a respectful decision for all of those S&P funds in my opinion.

Always nice to see a positive story about Tesla, right? This one is about China's EV market.

Tesla puts China in the mood for next-gen cars | NHK WORLD-JAPAN News

[...]

Tesla began making electric cars in Shanghai last year at its first plant outside the United States. They are positioned as affordable luxury products, and are tariff-free in China. Prices start from about 250,000 yuan, or about 37,000 dollars. The move seems to be paying off, because demand is strong. The company enjoyed a 20-percent share of the e-car market in the first half of this year.

[...]​

It makes sense to me. Many S&P funds need to buy into TSLA between now and 12-21, and news of BRK buying a huge stake would certainly spike the stock up hard, so in order to keep the buying burden low for all of those S&P funds the SEC is hiding BRK's purchase for now.

It's a respectful decision for all of those S&P funds in my opinion.
Since when does 'respectful' and S&P allowed in the same sentence? :)