Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Take it easy. You're playing with fire. (Says the guy who had about 10 margin calls since Sept.)

Thanks for the advice. :)
Have seen a few of my options buys bought at $100-1000 grow to $30.000 and $80.000 - and then back to 0.. I am new to margin and selling options... but have experienced how quick money can come and go.:-D

Its a rollercoaster filled with greed and despair. :-D

If I am to sell Puts, it will be $200-250 at the most (50% down). At such a low low price, which do seem like insanity to me.. I would anyhow use margin to leverage up. Might as well get paid while waiting for something that will never happen. ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: gabeincal
@Causalien, I would like to hear more about your suggestion. Like @lafrisbee, I might need some more specifics on how to accomplish this, but I am definitely listening!

Sorry, I am too jacked into the financial markets that everything I say just seems obvious to me. So I do not understand when someone do not understand the specifics. Like.... which part?

Reactions: Cape Coddess
It makes sense to me. Many S&P funds need to buy into TSLA between now and 12-21, and news of BRK buying a huge stake would certainly spike the stock up hard, so in order to keep the buying burden low for all of those S&P funds the SEC is hiding BRK's purchase for now.

It's a respectful decision for all of those S&P funds in my opinion.
So the SEC - and BRK - are responsible for the welfare of these other funds? Why is that?

• Helpful
Reactions: Rarity
There was what appeared to be significant capping pre-market, especially after TSLA was driven below $450 and then tried to get back above $450. Often, there were large (especially for pre-market) sell orders put in and then pulled once the stock price fell below the desired level. Seems someone was trying to set the tone before TSLA opened. So nice to see enough volume come in to finally steamroll the game players.

T-0

We have liftoff, Mission SP-500 has cleared the tower

T+5

We have confirmation of first stage separation, going to nominal burn for second stage

T+12

We have reached Max-Q, prepare for second stage separation

T+18

Confirm second stage separation, orbital insertion was successful

MAXQ is before 1st stage separation, FYI. :D

So, fun fact -- i've now made about a million more dollars from Tesla stock since the last time my financial advisor begged me to sell it (September).
It seems to me that a great many financial advisors are essentially just following a bunch of simple rules, and that they tend to not understand investing at a deep level. Some advisors, undoubtedly, are truly good. My rule of thumb is that any great, experienced advisor should be wealthy enough to retire if they choose, and they should be willing to talk about their own experience. Such an advisor should listen carefully, with an open mind, if a client explains their rationale for wanting to hold an out-sized position in TSLA. My opinion is that a good advisor might not necessarily be a "financial advisor" - they might be a respected, close friend or professional contact. We don't use a "financial advisor".

Still, he only has like 70% or something of his net worth in Tesla.

I on the other hand have 104% of my net worth in Tesla shares.

It's almost like Elon doesn't believe in the company.
Remember, he does own shares of a particular non-publicly traded firm, which continues to blast off on a regular basis...