Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the information and thoughts. I just wanted to chime in that Emmet Peppers went with Jan '21 Calls to provide some optionality in terms of collecting profits in 2020 or 2021.

For those that haven't seen it:
As a follow up to discussions in late July, what's your current take on S&P 500 inclusion for TSLA? How are you playing it and how do you expect the share price to respond going forward?

Reactions: Criscmt
On the energy storage battery market, we are having a few days of very good wind and solar generation in some Australian states.

Many Wind and Solar generators are curtailed, and the wholesale price is significantly negative.

The market opportunity for energy storage batteries is great, and will increase as more RE is deployed.

Crank up those Roadrunner lines, this is a demand problem....

Dividends, Share Buy-backs and stock splits did not occur with Apple with Steve Jobs as CEO, only after his death. Tim Cook did wonders for the AAPL price, for innovation....not so much.

Incorrect - Apple did stock splits and paid dividends under Steve Jobs, even when the company was relatively young and growing like crazy.

Last edited:
Incorrect - Apple did stock splits and paid dividends under Steve Jobs, even when the company was relatively young and growing like crazy.
Different times. Then, paying a dividend meant you were a real company, profitable and deserving of respect from Wall St. types. Money well spent in terms of getting a good credit rating.

Note: Owned some AAPL back in those days, my second stock. Also owned an Apple computer.

FWIW
A post on /r/teslainvestorsclub. Looking at SP data around inclusion.
Going by AMZB, FB, BRK, PYL, GOOG, TWTR, CRM, Yahoo, SP drop after inclusion is not usual, seemingly.
upload_2020-12-6_23-43-27.png

(I am not the OP for the Post on reddit)

Attachments

• upload_2020-12-6_23-43-9.png
    upload_2020-12-6_23-43-9.png
    113.4 KB · Views: 50
  • upload_2020-12-6_23-43-9.jpeg
    upload_2020-12-6_23-43-9.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 44
  • upload_2020-12-6_23-43-28.jpeg
    upload_2020-12-6_23-43-28.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 54
Rolling over one of my previous employers 401k into an IRA this week. Gives me a little bit of money to freely invest. Nothing huge but this one particular roll over nets me about 300k. Torn between going TSLA, MMEDF and Trulieve. Of course I can split the investments but these are the three I am most interested in right now.

For any further questions on this subject please use this thread: What other tech stock to consider?

I hope you also have a Tesla or two to show off, all powered by the sun as well?

I've found that letting prospects have some time behind the wheel can be quite eye-opening for the unknowing:)

See sig.

About 20% of the neighbors already drive Teslas, that number was 2% when we moved here 4 years ago. :D (and yes, that's due in no small part to my evangelism of the brand)

Ah, I just paid for an annual membership on TMC with the gains from the sale of my not-even-arrived-yet Tesla Tequila (bottle). :D

Empty bottle sold for $1,420.69 on eBay about a week ago. 20% of gains go to PETA and now a little chunk to TMC.

Thank you for having me, it's an honor to be in such good company every day.
Thanks, that's a great reminder and prompted me to do the same. Not ordering an empty bottle, no, but paying for an annual TMC subscription as a thank-you to the site that made all these gains possible.

Here's how:
- On a PC (not cell phone. Not sure about iPAD), go to TSLA: Tesla Inc - Stock Price, Quote and News - CNBC
Yeah, CNBC is trippin' balls. Those vol numbers are no where near reality. I recommend getting your vol data directly from NASDAQ (look under the 'Data Table' button).

During the Closing Cross on Fri, Dec 4th there were 501K shares traded in the final minute (16-00), then as is usual their 'EDGAR' online data source doesn't post any per minute data after the close (while the OCP is being finalized). On Friday, EDGAR data resumed at 16-07 when 385K shares traded.

So I don't know what's going on with CNBC, but their data doesn't agree with the official and other trusted sources.

Cheers!