Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing I do most evenings is wait for Lodger's After Hours Action Report to find the day's VWAP. Then I subtract 8% of that price and put a limit buy order for 300 margin shares for the following day (so that's around $50 at today's SP--I like working with round numbers). With your $545 order, that would have exceeded the 10% uptick rule, and I don't think the MMs want to do that, at least from what I've gleaned from this forum, it somehow affects their ability to manipulate the stock the next day or something (I don't have the motivation to figure out exactly why). The low price rarely hits, but when it does it makes for easy accumulation of a few shares. Of course, always be careful, always know what's happening with Tesla and macros and whatnot, be near your computer/internet if/when the trade hits. When you sell is your call, but I usually wait until the SP has appreciated $10-$20 or so, depending on how I feel and all sorts of other subjective, off-the-cuff opinions I might hold at the moment. I never try to "time" the peak of the bounce-back, I'm just happy with a quick $3000-$6000 easy money.

Anyway, just thought I'd share what I do when setting low buy limits. A price too low won't ever likely hit, but appx 8% below the previous day's VWAP happens at least every couple months or so (I don't keep track).
When people post rational, easily executed, and stress free strategies similar in effect to what I'm doing..... it makes me want to punch them in the face. Obviously that's just a combination of jealously and frustration at living my Tesla nutjob reality staring at the ticker 24/7.

Thank you for this, a great model for the way a TMC'ers life should be. Will attempt to transition to something similar.

Edit: *** mod *** Would like to nominate for post of merit thread, to remind us there's an easier way.

Last edited:
Hey, look: more unpaid advertising, this time via the director of Wonder Woman and an upcoming Star Wars project, Patty Jenkins:

https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/status/1337177394625478656

pjenkinstesla.JPG

Tesla should sell a SpaceX edition of the Cybertruck. Make the hood or whatever out of pieces of Dragons and Starships. "Part of my truck has been in space". Perhaps some unique badging or small styling queues. GM is faking it with all the space suit boot prints etc. in their Ho-hum EV.

OR make metal coins out of them, with serial numbers (laser engraved on surface and "inside" or something to authenticate uniquely).
Could form the basis of Martian money .. sell them now in the Tesla / SpaceX store for collector value/ fun - let an approved third party run a platform for trading vs BTC/ Crypto / fiat currencies for grins

Looks like they're going for a $600 Friday pushdown. Best of luck to all involved, my order for today is in and I'm off to make appetizers.

Whacky Twitter Conspiracy Theory- the huge # of puts at 600 is "them" holding those puts and pushing it down today to get cheap shares to sell next week at a markup.

Or as one person described the strategy of "them"/MMs

1) sell puts (make $$)

2) let stock run, then sell calls (Make $$)

3) short the stock to crash it (make $$)

4) Get stocks delivered on silver platter (cheap) from puts sold in step #1

I've got those same calls. Part of me thinks maybe I should take a hint from Emmet, being he's made a gazillion $ more than me with options. But I am holding all of them through next week.
I have $650 calls for the same date.

His intention was to hold the vast majority into the new year but now he's less positive about the upside for January.

The sheer number of calls he bought would have made it impossible to unload half (or all) of them on a moments notice next week. You and I are in a different position.

I've got those same calls. Part of me thinks maybe I should take a hint from Emmet, being he's made a gazillion $ more than me with options. But I am holding all of them through next week.
It's also worth noting that he probably cashed out what, 15 million in gains by selling half so far? I had a few with similar strikes/dates and I sold a couple on the way up to buy back my premium. I'm holding the rest because I didn't buy them with the hope of a double up.

Reactions: corduroy
Looks like they're going for a $600 Friday pushdown. Best of luck to all involved, my order for today is in and I'm off to make appetizers.
I'll counter with, "Looks like they are doing their damnest to keep the price as low as possible for the amount of resources/$ needed to do so when the time comes they can fight from a lower position up to whatever they are going to end. I think they would like $600, but expect to be under $630."
But you can see more than I can.

I'll counter with, "Looks like they are doing their damnest to keep the price as low as possible for the amount of resources/$ needed to do so when the time comes they can fight from a lower position up to whatever they are going to end. I think they would like $600, but expect to be under $630."
But you can see more than I can.
Isn't $600 under $630? :)

OMG! My 20 share buy order at $597 just hit! I am so happy!

I now have 420 shares in the Roth.

Time to stop.

(this post will probably be deleted because I said the number that cannot be mentioned.lol)
I swear, no more. Damn, that <600 price looked so good that I just couldn’t resist. I even put in a market order! 10 more shares @ 597.32.:cool: Edit: Lunch plate special.