Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yah, Vlad the "genius" never bothered to read the underlying contract.
tsla-ex104_461.htm

Relevant excerpts include:
The outstanding principal amount of each Loan shall accrue interest on each day at the then applicable Interest Rate. Whether any Loan is funded or maintained hereunder at the Short-Term Note Rate or Bank Interest Rate shall be determined in the sole discretion of the applicable Group Agent for the Lender funding or maintaining such Loan.

Thanks.

So it's looking like they're using the short-term note rates then. Because the rates they're reporting are not correlating with 1-month LIBOR plus anything.

This makes all the disclosures in the financial statements somewhat misleading, since the rates aren't actually based on LIBOR at all.

There's no way to tell what the short-term commercial paper rates are for the conduit lenders, so this makes the interest rates a total black box. We have no idea why Tesla reissued the Warehouse Contract.

(P.S. But it's possible they now have a contract with lenders with better short term rates?)​

Last edited:
Oh, you think the UK government would need to agree? Declarations of independence are unilateral actions. If Scotland seceded, the question would be whether the English would be willing to send the army to occupy it (answer: probably not).

We're getting into real politics these days.
Yes they would need to agree. We are not talking Slovenia from Yugoslavia or the American colonies from Britain. For the conceivable future, any Yes vote for Scottish independence would only be viable based upon probably all of: maintaining the British pound, the Queen as head of state, open borders with England, a common defence and security arrangement and an agreeable split of common assets and liabilities.

Suspect we are annoying lots of people (and the mods) with this, very happy for it to be moved.

Reactions: neroden
Today's 8-hour flat-liner from 12pm on is the smoothest stretch I've seen since first tracking TSLA. Lunar Lander made easy.
Kind of makes up for the last three years rollercoaster.
Carry on.

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 8.46.19 PM.png

In China, land owners will just have their ownership revoked (and tenants will be evicted) if needed.

The greater respect for the individual's rights and property is precisely the reason why e.g. Germany has such a problem getting its wind turbine generated power from the North to its industries in the South.

Heh ya. Know a few businessman who got uprooted when their manufacturing plant got rezoned for TSMC's chip plant. No mercy and no compensation.

In china, if you are a big corp and is an essential tech for the gov, you get to thrash around however you like. Not really great for the small guys. Good thing that TSLA is both.

I am curious if tsla will encounter all these problems I've heard about from other businesses as it is a must have for China.

We're going to have a real recession. The combination of Trump's idiotic tarriffs, the retaliatory tarriffs, the slowdown in China, and then the triply-idiotic government shutdown is essentially guaranteeing a US recession. Shutdowns alone can trigger a recession, but the tarriffs are making it worse.

Trump is congenitally incapable of thinking about long-term consequences. Someone should offer him a cookie if he ends the shutdown; he'll take it. But since nobody in the White House is going to do this, there's going to be a serious mess for quite a long time.

He can't get re-elected. And if there's one clear thing about Trump, it's that nothing he does actually works the way he intends, so if he tried to stimulate the economy, it would fail.

If the recession hits in 2019, it'd be around end of march when brexit and the china tariff negotiation reaches their conclusion. Seeeing how recessions last on average 11 months, but the stock market reaches its trough in about 6 months, I arrived at the Santa Rally. Coincidentally, March is about when the polotical machine should ramp up to have a bustling economy when voting time comes around. This is probably not a coincidence.

There is an increasing resilience to trump's grand standing as well. The threat of a gov shutdown used to cause markets to fall. Nowadays it's like a fart.

What I am happy about is fed slowing down its rate hike. Meaning that this one is not blindly following a stupid formula. Trump is negotiating the tariff and is better than the previous stance of "screw Gina".

So yes trump might have brought the recession forward in time, but at least they now recognized it. The caveat is that it is a smaller bubble to burst and there are great deals everywhere right now.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I have 35 of those which I wish I sold last month, might as well hold at this point. Thankfully I got them cheap back in October
I'm not so lucky, I got them around SP 350 so they are pretty much lotto now but with EM and twitter anything can happen ;)

I'm showing Max Pain for Friday at 322.50. Anyone seeing anything different?
I don't think max pain and up/down ticks rules are important to SP anymore around 315-335, it's just coiling or gap filling right now IMHO. Resistance @345 is pretty strong though.

He can't get re-elected. And if there's one clear thing about Trump, it's that nothing he does actually works the way he intends, so if he tried to stimulate the economy, it would fail.

I don't know what will happen. But you are rational being, you don't know demagogues, and you're not their target audience; so you don't really know either. Being who you are and in the social circle you live, you're unlikely to have been exposed to unwashed masses that fall for hate and fear rhetoric. Remember, I have more experience than you with such ilk :)

If the recession hits in 2019, it'd be around end of march when brexit and the china tariff negotiation reaches their conclusion. Seeeing how recessions last on average 11 months, but the stock market reaches its trough in about 6 months, I arrived at the Santa Rally. Coincidentally, March is about when the polotical machine should ramp up to have a bustling economy when voting time comes around. This is probably not a coincidence.

There is an increasing resilience to trump's grand standing as well. The threat of a gov shutdown used to cause markets to fall. Nowadays it's like a fart.

What I am happy about is fed slowing down its rate hike. Meaning that this one is not blindly following a stupid formula. Trump is negotiating the tariff and is better than the previous stance of "screw Gina".

So yes trump might have brought the recession forward in time, but at least they now recognized it. The caveat is that it is a smaller bubble to burst and there are great deals everywhere right now.
My recollection is recession is 2 qtrs of reduction in gdp so cant officially be recognized until 2nd half of 2019

Our boy Rich gets screwed again by Tesla clusterf...I mean customer service. Already 78K views and 2,600 comments

I am glad he got screw. Who in their right mind wants to rebuild salvage Tesla's. I really don't get why his channel is so successful. That guy is a brute he almost burn down his friends shop the other day; he is probably going to kill himself at some point with the way he handles batteries and high voltage components.

In this video, he explicitly stated that he clicked to buy without seeing any pictures - that there weren't any for this car, but he didn't care because he'd be able to fix any problems.

Fast forward a minute, and suddenly he's complaining about rim rash.

Came to skim the thread now that part 2 of the video is out, and even HyperChange did a bit about, to see what the current consensus is. So this is where we are now? Blaming the customers? If you've ever had to go back and forth on anything with Tesla, you know the program... I find nothing unbelievable about these stories, given the clown show my delivery way back in 2015 was, and then my friend's deliveries in 2018.

The way out of this is investors sending a clear message to Tesla. Not apologetics.