Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, wait! We could do that!

In all seriousness, no - one reason being that if you could you would have.

Maybe its the lobbying, to protect the existing power plants and those that provide its fuel, that is the actual cause.

Many terrible things can be said of China, but the many decision makers being engineers and their still somewhat planned economy makes China able to implement policies that other countries cannot.

In China, land owners will just have their ownership revoked (and tenants will be evicted) if needed.

The greater respect for the individual's rights and property is precisely the reason why e.g. Germany has such a problem getting its wind turbine generated power from the North to its industries in the South.

• Helpful
Reactions: SteveG3 and UncaNed
Our boy Rich gets screwed again by Tesla clusterf...I mean customer service. Already 78K views and 2,600 comments

Weird that he went on about how he bought the (very depreciated) car without any photos because he felt he would just fix anything that was wrong, but then got mad about there being curb rash on the wheels.

Dude... if you buy a car without photos... don't complain about not knowing about damage.

I'm a bit confused about how he knew about the curb rash though if he never saw the car and never saw photos.

Someone on that thread noticed Model X's among them, speculating that the destination thus is China (since European Model S/X go to Tilburg).

Makes sense. Do they ship European cars from the west coast through the Panama Canal? That’s a long way. I thought they were using rail to the east coast and then shipping across the Atlantic. Or am I mistaken?

Weird that he went on about how he bought the (very depreciated) car without any photos because he felt he would just fix anything that was wrong, but then got mad about there being curb rash on the wheels.

Dude... if you buy a car without photos... don't complain about not knowing about damage.

I'm a bit confused about how he knew about the curb rash though if he never saw the car and never saw photos.

That's what you took from the video?

That's what you took from the video?

I got that their automated reminder system is buggy and not correlated with what's actually going on at a given store or service centre, but that's not exactly news. Also some service centres and stores haven't been able to keep up with hiring vs. matching the volume they're dealing with, but again, that's not exactly news.

If you look up first video, he finally got some pictures. I don't know why he said he never saw pictures. But it took him long time to see pictures and he got them way after ordering.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I got that their automated reservation reminder system is buggy and not correlated with what's actually going on at a given store or service centre, but that's not exactly news. Also some service centres and stores haven't been able to keep up with hiring vs. matching the volume they're dealing with, but again, that's not exactly news

It's news to the general public and getting more attention. Hopefully more attention from Tesla as well now. And Rich did get pictures of the vehicle at some point, which is how he knew about the rim rash.

I gueestimate santa rally of 2019.

By then the "would be recession" should have worked through the system
We're going to have a real recession. The combination of Trump's idiotic tarriffs, the retaliatory tarriffs, the slowdown in China, and then the triply-idiotic government shutdown is essentially guaranteeing a US recession. Shutdowns alone can trigger a recession, but the tarriffs are making it worse.

Trump is congenitally incapable of thinking about long-term consequences. Someone should offer him a cookie if he ends the shutdown; he'll take it. But since nobody in the White House is going to do this, there's going to be a serious mess for quite a long time.

and we'd be in all-in economic stimulus mode by trump so he can get re-elected.
He can't get re-elected. And if there's one clear thing about Trump, it's that nothing he does actually works the way he intends, so if he tried to stimulate the economy, it would fail.

semi OT

when I saw this story, my immediate thought was that Exxon will just destroy the most incriminating stuff, but I don't see anyone else raising this as a concern. what are the impediments to Exxon doing this? I get that destroying evidence can be a crime... but, the courts would have to know that the evidence had existed to know it was destroyed.
They're already under court orders related to their email systems and document preservation.

If you look up first video, he finally got some pictures. I don't know why he said he never saw pictures. But it took him long time to see pictures and he got them way after ordering.

In this video, he explicitly stated that he clicked to buy without seeing any pictures - that there weren't any for this car, but he didn't care because he'd be able to fix any problems.

Fast forward a minute, and suddenly he's complaining about rim rash.

The picture he references doesn't mention 12 month Libor, just LIBOR + Margin. It is highly unlikely for an auto facility with assets paying monthly to base Libor on 12 months.
It's the only way the math adds up. Perhaps they use several different time periods, but the average seems to have been longer than we expected.

(Edit: in fact it appears that the rates are not based on LIBOR at all, thanks Brian)

The reference to commercial paper is another give away that they likely use shorter term periods. Many warehouse providers (funders of the tesla warehouse facility) often raise their own money through conduits (warehouses issuing commercial paper notes to then fund the tesla (an other) watehouses). These notes are short term (usually no more than 3 months) and will also be based on a libor matching their tenor, the funders want libor paid on the warehouses they use to fund tesla to match their conduit funding warehouses to minimise basis risk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fact Checking
In this video, he explicitly stated that he clicked to buy without seeing any pictures - that there weren't any for this car, but he didn't care because he'd be able to fix any problems.

Fast forward a minute, and suddenly he's complaining about rim rash.

But, still, that IMO shouldn't be the biggest takeaway.

The biggest takeaway should be the whole thing where the process is completely breaking down, and the ball is getting dropped. There seems to be no queue of tasking, nobody held responsible, just the ball getting dropped in someone's e-mail box.

If Tesla's supposed to be a tech company, maybe learn some lessons from tech companies, and implement actual proper ticketing systems to keep track of things?

But, still, that IMO shouldn't be the biggest takeaway.

The biggest takeaway should be the whole thing where the process is completely breaking down, and the ball is getting dropped. There seems to be no queue of tasking, nobody held responsible, just the ball getting dropped in someone's e-mail box.

If Tesla's supposed to be a tech company, maybe learn some lessons from tech companies, and implement actual proper ticketing systems to keep track of things?
yes, i mentioned this when the first video came out.

I'm assuming this is more Tesla shenanigans because they aren't tracking this at all via a ticketing system. (I haven't watched the new video yet)

• Love
Reactions: neroden
If the EU would not stick strictly to the treaty the entire union would quickly unravel.
Actually, if the EU sticks to the treaty, with its "gold standard" rule for the Euro which forces unemployment and deflation on most of the countries, the union will unravel guaranteed end of story. But that's another matter.

Maybe. But for that you would need 1) there to be a majority in the Scottish parliament for an independence referendum - there is not one; and 2) the UK government to grant the referendum with an Act of Parliament - highly unlikely. All this would need to occur before the UK brexits. So pretty unlikely...
Oh, you think the UK government would need to agree? Declarations of independence are unilateral actions. If Scotland seceded, the question would be whether the English would be willing to send the army to occupy it (answer: probably not).

We're getting into real politics these days.