Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The best explanation of the last month is that a group of hedge funds and related investors front-ran the SP500 inclusion. They knew the massive demand for shares wd be there and began buying aggressively in the weeks preceding. It's that (+ accompanying squeeze) that accounted for the massive 50% surge in stock price since SP500 announced. You have to say, they did their job well. The bought about the right number of shares and were able to offload them for significant short-term gain. It is this that created the liquidity that avoided a squeeze this w/e. The squeeze happened earlier. If the end result is that we stabilize above $600, that still represents incredible upside from SP500 inclusion compared to where we were. Just possibly we can look forward to a saner balance of shareholders from here on out. Buy and hold long-term longs + index trackers making up the vast majority of public float. From here on out, increases should be driven by pace of Tesla's actual product rollouts and their growing profitability....

I approve of this post. Like I said some hundreds of pages back when the S&P inclusion was finally announced with a set date: the much fabled short squeeze is what has played out this year.

I also own Apple stock and continue to think Apple will do well. But a car is not going to work out for Apple unless they really change things up. Cars are often a low margin item. Tesla makes unusually large margins. They do this by INSOURCING much more then other car companies. They even make their own seats. Apple makes almost nothing themselves. Margins are on IP and software. And margins are large on those items. So Apple brings a lot less of the needed items to the table. They could end up with great software and self driving. But they are going to give all of the margin the manufacturer if they go that route. And they are not going to be able to self manufacture for five or more years. This almost does not register as a threat. Maybe in five years they might start to dig into Tesla's businesses. In five years, Tesla will be the making 3-4 million cars a year.

Nah. People who are trying to be funny don't usually post things indistinguishable from stupid. And if they do they are usually careful to indicate they are trying to be funny. But I admit, anything is possible given the level of ignorance around here regarding Apple.

This is a paraphrase well known joke that has been around for years. Why do you need to be so insulting in your response?

The competition is coming in 2035:

Apple Car - $20k

Batteries and Charging cable sold separately

Next Generation Battery - $25k

Charging Cable - $15k

Monthly subscription in order for your car to drive - $499/month
And if you want to be a vendor to make any third party things for the Icar you will have to pay a 30% Ifee.

What’s up with the spike AH on the chart? I’m used to seeing downward spikes (glitches or whatever they are) but I don’t recall seeing stalagmites.
548543C2-0E12-4C6B-A19F-A39C2BE15A64.png

What’s up with the spike AH on the chart? I’m used to seeing downward spikes (glitches or whatever they are) but I don’t recall seeing stalagmites.
View attachment 619965

That is the closing cross price of 695$, we saw them in pre market too. So I imagine there is still some light buying by index funds and more likely that this was a prearranged dark pool trade. I don’t understand how this can be legal.

MMs/HFS will likely continue to shake the trees this week. I just get the feeling benchmark funds are sitting tight and waiting for a bigger dip.

Once all this index buying is over I expect TSLA to stabilize in this range and likely see less volatility. The big boys will likely want to make sure their newest entrant is not causing too much volatility in S&P. And hopefully the stock price moves based on fundamentals and not some depressed dynamic like naked short selling, split and short squeeze. Not sure about the shorts though they never seem to learn. I present you their latest bs. Amazing isn’t it?

4E429209-7231-4B6B-99A1-F4C154E2ADF3.jpeg

I gave up some profits in the last few days, hoping for yet more squeeze.

Somewhat bummed, but I just went for a quick errand in my Model 3. For just a moment, I floored it. The rush of acceleration never gets old. Everything is going to work out fine.

You can’t do that with CRSP.

Today, coming back from a busy crazy day at work, a young guy in a modified forester floored the gas by passing me. At the next light, I showed him what a Tesla can do. Happy to see he did a thumbs up instead of a middle finger.

Even if apple made an awesome car, it would only be drivable on apple roads. Then, the tenth generation iCar would be released without windows, wheels or doors, which would be trumpeted as a 'brave' decision. Also, in 2026, all older iCars would no longer work, or would be reduced to travelling at 5mph, for mysterious reasons.
Don’t underestimate competition.
Particularly if it’s another Tech company with unlimited funds and another brand aura coming with limitless fans like Apple.

Apple has the engineers.
Apple has the battery tech.
Apple has the liquidity.
Apple doesn’t have to kill all its ICE line and risk brankruptcy start an EV production.
If project Titan has been running since 2012, they would have more engineering into the project than all the other car manufacturers except Tesla.

This would put Apple on my list 2nd to Tesla in the EV market world leaders by 2030. With a third being Nio, Li, Xpeng or VW

Particularly if it’s another Tech company with unlimited funds and another brand aura coming with limitless fans like Apple.

Apple has the engineers.
Apple has the liquidity.
Apple doesn’t have to kill all its ICE line and risk brankruptcy start an EV production.
If project Titan has been running since 2012, they would have more engineering into the project than all the other car manufacturers except Tesla.

This would put Apple on my list 2nd to Tesla in the EV market world leaders by 2030. With a third being Nio, Li, Xpeng or VW
What they don’t have is the manufacturing experience. That’s a big one

Good. Now we can talk about how Apple is overvalued as a car company. :p

Honestly, this will be great for the world and maybe will give us some more buying opportunity with TSLA.

Apple has the engineers.
Apple has the liquidity.

This 100%. I hope the negative jokes aren’t serious. While I do not believe Apple will overtake Tesla I do think they’ll be a strong second, and that’s ok. The world needs damn good EVs. Elon said himself that they can’t build all the world’s cars.

I’m happy Apple will help to destroy the traditional OEMs.
I’m happy more people will buy EVs.
I’m happy to buy the inevitable dip caused by TSLA owners who don’t truly understand the space.
And I’m happy the Tesla jet will likely be out before the iCar. ;)