Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 1,000 mph piece is going to get the headlines, but that's going to be largely moot for quite awhile (zero public sites now, and very few for months).

But the rest is very useful--v2 sites getting upgraded in the next few weeks from 120 kW peak to 145 kW, and vehicle firmware to precondition the battery while navigating to a Supercharger to improve initial charge rate for cold batteries. Those are both significant improvements, and will be available fleet-wide very soon.

+25 kW may not be as eye-popping as 1,000 mph, but the total 'quick-charge' power on my Leaf was 45ish kW. We're getting half that much power added as an effective OTA upgrade...

I don’t suppose someone that’s on twitter could tweet Elon and ask him about the Chademo adapter. I know folks down south think it’s useless but for us in this province it’s REALLY important and is literally a determining factor for our next car. The Supercharger network is awesome but with only 14 locations and Chademo completed or in progress north of 130 sites it is VERY important to us.

If someone doesn’t mind could they try tweeting Elon. We have tried every other channel with no response other than it is presently not available. We like the new Leaf but we LOVE the model 3.

Much appreciated.

John and Angela.[/Qreporter
I think the importance of CHAdeMO adapter is understood in Tesla. We had the first delivery of CHAdeMO adapter in Japan so he might be targeting M3 delivery timeframe in Japan, in terms of availability. That means later in 2019 I guess.
Even with 20 superchargers here in Japan, I still use CHAdeMO adapter more than Superchargers.

There's another reason I would guess why Tesla is reluctant with CHAdeMO (or CCS for that matter) - there are relatively large variances among various manufacturer chargers, and I've seen very high rate of issues here. They are all reported and some are fixed via adapter firmware updates, but not everything was fixed. Furthermore charger manufacturers are at least not cooperative with Tesla as Teslas are causing sizable portions of charger issues, including incompatibilities but not limited to. For example some Tesla Owners are coupling the adapter loose, so the charger connector side melts and require replacement. Of course the charger should have a temp sensor in the connector but it's not working all the time it seems.

Sorry OT

Commercials are 30-60s long. Did you manage to explain in that amount of time? Yeah, didn’t think so.

Yeah, slick, greasy ads and commercials, that’s what I want to see. :rolleyes:
It would be a whole advertising campaign, with different points emphasized in the various ads (print and video). Again, I note that the first Mac was advertised (1984 commercial), as well as subsequent Apple products. I don't have a strong opinion on this, but think it may be worth considering.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drax7