Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The second part of the story that Model Y could dropped to RMB Yuan 260,000 sometimes serves as negative narratives in China.

Here we see price drop for high tech goods being natural and positive and first adopters accept it.

But in China the price drop actually cause a portion of the already purchasers to feel being cheated and they sometimes stage protest since it devalue their resale value and caused them to "lose face" since now the statue of their social standing is depreciated.

Also it is a FUD machine that opponents spread to discourage the purchase until later for reduced price. They call it "Deng deng dang", "the party of wait a little bit".

So just be aware of the different culture.

Not seeing how things are so much different from here really, apart from the “lowering my social status” maybe :rolleyes:. Although sure there’s some of that here too...ie Model 3 viewed as cheap Tesla (compared to MS and MXs). Saw plenty of owners on TMC even lamenting their purchase when Tesla added features and lowered the price of the newer models. Man how many posts were there on that and devaluing their vehicle.

Other manufacturers will no doubt try to downplay the success of Tesla’s vehicles, so expect FUD from them as well to get you to wait for their Tesla-Killer due out a-n-y time now.

Rivian close to raising funds at $25B valuation, Bloomberg says TSLA;TROW;AMZN;F;BLK - The Fly

Rivian, which may compete in the electric truck and SUV space with Tesla (TSLA), is said to be close to raising new funds at a valuation of $25B, according to Bloomberg. In December 2019, Rivian closed an investment round of $1.3B. That financing was led by funds and accounts advised by T. Rowe Price Associates (TROW). Amazon (AMZN), Ford Motor (F) and funds managed by BlackRock (BLK) also participated in the round.

Now if he just switches his Mach-E reservation to the superior choice I’ll start forgiving his past transgressions against logic and reason.

Am I the only one that thinks of this whenever I hear Mach-é ?

Paper-mache-projects-GettyImages-87752689-58d54bc13df78c51622d6650.jpg

Last edited:
My kids will start investing. When I was younger and new to investing and my funds werent managed I used ETrade. Should my kids start with something else like Robinhood?

No. I would not use Robinhood or recommend it. They have less favorable trade execution due to the way they route the trades to partners who give them a cut of the action. Stick with a traditional on-line brokerage. I like Schwab but I haven't spent the time to compare with the other popular offerings, I just know that Schwab works well for me with good trade execution, low fees and good service. They also offer good products (but I don't use them).

Haha, poor Dougie Kass - he's been short TSLA, says he won't do it again, then shorts it again over and over.

Kass: My Best Pick for 2021 - Short Tesla

"Noted competition will include the Audi Q4 e-tron and Q4 e-tron Sportback, BMW iX3 (in Europe & China), Mercedes EQB, Volvo XC40, Volkswagen ID.4 and Nissan Ariya, while less expensive and available now are the excellent all-electric Hyundai Kona and Kia Niro, extremely well reviewed small crossovers with an EPA range of 258 miles for the Hyundai and 238 miles for the Kia, at prices of under $30,000 inclusive of the $7500 U.S. tax credit. Meanwhile, the Model 3 now has terrific direct "sedan competition" from Volvo's beautiful new Polestar 2 and the premium version of Volkswagen's ID.3, and next year from the BMW i4."

- Mark Spiegel

Interesting choice for the quotation... the blind leading the blind into further darkness.

No. I would not use Robinhood or recommend it. They have less favorable trade execution due to the way they route the trades to partners who give them a cut of the action. Stick with a traditional on-line brokerage. I like Schwab but I haven't spent the time to compare with the other popular offerings, I just know that Schwab works well for me with good trade execution, low fees and good service. They also offer good products (but I don't use them).
@StealthP3D @thx1139 ( fan of geo lucas I See, what was license plate of car in American Graffitti (hint thx138)
you can use schwab to buy fractional shares in as little as $5 increments from Schwab of S&P 500 stox
(screen grab)
upload_2021-1-5_17-42-51.png

"Noted competition will include the Audi Q4 e-tron and Q4 e-tron Sportback, BMW iX3 (in Europe & China), Mercedes EQB, Volvo XC40, Volkswagen ID.4 and Nissan Ariya, while less expensive and available now are the excellent all-electric Hyundai Kona and Kia Niro, extremely well reviewed small crossovers with an EPA range of 258 miles for the Hyundai and 238 miles for the Kia, at prices of under $30,000 inclusive of the $7500 U.S. tax credit. Meanwhile, the Model 3 now has terrific direct "sedan competition" from Volvo's beautiful new Polestar 2 and the premium version of Volkswagen's ID.3, and next year from the BMW i4."

- Mark Spiegel

Interesting choice for the quotation... the blind leading the blind into further darkness.
They mean it this time!! Tesla is like Tilray, SunEdison, blah blah....

• Funny
Reactions: capster