Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Incremental emissions reductions are nonsense. What humanity needs to do is develop and deploy technology that lets us continue our advanced way of life with net zero emissions (or at least close to net zero). Pushing technology that gives us 20% less CO2 emissions, but that delays the deployment of technology that gets zero emissions, is a net loss in the long run. This is why full 100% EVs, not hybrids, not HCCI engines, not incrementally more ethanol in gasoline, is the only real long-term solution.

So when is that post-inclusion drop going to happen, to purchase shares with the proceeds from the options?

The inclusion spike is still occurring!

I had assumed a few months ago that benchmark funds would buy before or within a few days of S&P 500 inclusion, in which case the share price would spike over 700 and probably over 800.

It turned out that benchmark funds mostly decided to wait, now they are being forced to buy with FOMO. So the inclusion spike is still going on. I would not be surprised if TSLA peaks at over 1000. I think that the share price will drop from its peak, probably sometime around Q4 earnings, back to between 600 and 700.

I'm normally pretty bad at short term predictions, so the above is probably completely wrong.

~~~Having exhausted my determination to let an Off Topic discussion taper out, the time has (over)come to END in this thread all discussion regarding EV subsidIes in the USA. The several high-quality entries have been drowned out by the combination of drivel and, worse, persons letting their personal prejudices - and this has been on both (all) end(s) of a multidimensional topic - overcome any underlying logic.~~~~

The inclusion spike is still occurring!

I had assumed a few months ago that benchmark funds would buy before or within a few days of S&P 500 inclusion, in which case the share price would spike over 700 and probably over 800.

It turned out that benchmark funds mostly decided to wait, now they are being forced to buy with FOMO. So the inclusion spike is still going on. I would not be surprised if TSLA peaks at over 1000. I think that the share price will drop from its peak, probably sometime around Q4 earnings, back to between 600 and 700.

I'm normally pretty bad at short term predictions, so the above is probably completely wrong.
So you're implying if it gets over $1k...a 30-40% pullback based on what? profit taking? and this is post Q4 earnings and 2021 guidance? not saying it can't happen, but highly unlikely IMO.

What about him?

what_about_bob_still_-_photofest_-_h_2017-928x523.jpg

Well, at least Baja is well laid out with destination chargers. As an avid Baja traveler, sometimes spending months at a time in Baja, I can say that Tesla did a great job locating them.

I stayed away from Baja as long as Trump has been in office because I felt to self conscious vacationing in Mexico, while our president calls Mexicans rapists and murderers. Now that Trump will be gone, as soon as the pandemic fades, I'm headed for Baja! Watching plugshare, I see the reviews on the destination chargers are quite good. People started taking Model 3's all the way down the peninsula as of March 2019.

I am willing to lead TSLA short-sellers on a one way-trip to Baja's Picacho del Diablo

Incremental emissions reductions are nonsense. What humanity needs to do is develop and deploy technology that lets us continue our advanced way of life with net zero emissions (or at least close to net zero). Pushing technology that gives us 20% less CO2 emissions, but that delays the deployment of technology that gets zero emissions, is a net loss in the long run. This is why full 100% EVs, not hybrids, not HCCI engines, not incrementally more ethanol in gasoline, is the only real long-term solution.

Sometimes it did make sense, the "dash for gas" in the UK reduced power station CO2 at a time that solar and wind were too expensive for widespread deployment.

Now I completely agree, we need zero emission technologies. Solar & wind for power, EVs for mobility and heat pumps for HVAC. Some industrial process heat can use electricity, some might need synthetic natural gas or hydrogen (synthesized using electricity). Concrete and land use are big greenhouse gas emission sources.

In the UK domestic heating is a major source of CO2, and I'm hoping that Tesla come out with a HVAC solution soon.

ARK is great and all but I remember reading posts on this board back in 2014 how TSLA could easily reach a trillion market cap and much more based on future earnings growth and a reasonable P/E ratio. So thank you to this discussion forum!

I wasn’t at all surprised by ARKs price targets. It just made sense. Cathie just had the guts to go on main stream media and put it out there.

Well there's never been quite a circus like this before either, right?
No? Well I suppose you’re probably just too young to remember the Forum in Rome in its ancient glory days. :rolleyes:

I like Maddox’s SPQR novelization series (SPQR I: The Kings Gambit: A Mystery|NOOK Book) to get a feel for things. The series is a great read too.

Surprising resemblances to today’s state of political communications. There’s more than a passing resemblance to the behavior towards Musk and Tesla as well. The bile and venom on Twitter have nothing on the tender missives of the Forum.

The ‘clients’ back in the day are surely the progenitors of the fanbois/gals and the TSLAQ’s of today.

Where did today’s geriatric politicians learn their Twitter Foo? Now you’ll now.

It is, as the saying goes, hard to teach a young dog old tricks. ;)
~~~Moderator OFF TOPIC edit: I very strongly concur. Terrific series, and somewhere in the mists of time I also mentioned and recommended in this thread/elsewhere in Investors’ Forum this well-written, deeply historical SPQR series.~~~

Last edited: