Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A typical gasoline car, with a typical 200000 mile lifespan and 25mpg fuel economy, is going to burn 8000 gallons of fuel in its lifetime, putting about 160000lbs, or more than 70 metric tons, of CO2 into the air.

Every new gasoline car sold is a guaranteed 70 metric tons of CO2 in the air. And right now we are putting 80 million of them a year onto the world's roads. Every year that ICE continues to dominate the new car market is another 5.6 metric gigatons of guaranteed future CO2 emissions.

It's the poor that are gonna pay the price for all these CO2 emissions. Please spare us the lectures about how EV subsidies "benefit the rich" or whatever.
And the well-to-do are more likely to purchase gas guzzlers.

Today alone TSLA is up ~ $178 pre-split dollars.

For long term holders, imagine if 1.5 or 2 years ago the stock jumped from $250 to $430. We would have been freaking out and broken the forum!

Now you make that much money in 1 day with barely a blink!

I think this effect has been discussed in this thread when the split was announced. The discussion was that now each share was only worth 1/5 of before, but the plus side was that for every $1 increase in SP, it was $5 move in previous terms.

I entered TSLA back in June 2019... but still, I remember that a day when we had $50+ swing was already huge. The 20% pop during 2019Q3 was in the 60-70 range IIRC... and even once we reached 4-figures, we didn't see many $50+ swings. So, it's crazy to think now to look at it and a $178 swing like nothing.

It may be too late but at least someone in “old auto” is approaching the dire situation with clear eyes.

upload_2021-1-6_9-2-16-png.624901

Pushing for "more solid cash flows" from their "actual businesses" to be able to "finance their future from inside" is a double-edged sword for VW. Because while it might help them build the capital they need to make the transition, the vary act of squeezing their existing business for cash flow makes existing EV's even more competitive with their legacy offerings.

That's my father in law. He's good with marketing and, in my opinion, he's just doing this for the publicity to ride the Elon media coattails. And yes, this may be the one single time that hydrogen might be a better choice than BEV. Cybertruck isn't a $350k luxury off roader with 2 feet of suspension travel. Of course the Boot will win. His daughter will be driving a tri-motor Cybertruck by the end of the year. ;)

Wow! You must be near the front of the Cybertruck reservation line!