Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why so? Those all seems very reasonable.
It's an hour call, of which 45minutes is answering questions. Not sure how they are going to cover 10 topics in any depth more than "yes batteries are coming along," "we still plan to make a cybertruck," "we rolled out city street driving to a small beta group," "we might start semi production this year." I mean if this is the level of covering you are hoping to see then I guess you wont be disappointed. But personally I'd rather get real answers on 3-4 of those topics

I am looking forward to earnings call discussion on
2020 results
2021 guidance
FSD progress and robotaxi
S/X refresh & Plaid
Semi production update
Cybertruck update
Factory build-outs and future plans
Battery news
Solar related updates
Perspective on US government green opportunities

I hope that many of these will be covered in the ER pack. Would also add energy storage/autobidder (unless you included that in battery news) :)

Not all that impressed with some of the SAY questions (retail seem more interesting).

Reactions: EVortex
Schaeffer's - yesterday: Signal Says Tesla Stock Not Done Charging Yet

Excerpt:

...But the fun may be far from over. A historically bullish signal flashing on the charts suggests more records could be in store for TSLA heading into its fourth-quarter earnings report tomorrow.

Specifically, Tesla stock's recent peak comes amid historically low implied volatility (IV), which has been a bullish combination for the equity in the past. According to data from Schaeffer's Senior Quantitative Analyst Rocky White, there have been two other times in the past five years when TSLA was trading within 2% of its 52-week high, while its Schaeffer's Volatility Index (SVI) sat in the 20th percentile of its annual range or lower -- as is the case with the security's current SVI of 72.1%, which sits just above the 4th percentile of its 12-month range.

White's data shows that a month after these signals, the security was higher both times, averaging a whopping 32.4% gain for that period. From its current perch, a similar move would put Tesla stock into four-digit territory.

More gains could come from a shift in analyst sentiment, considering of the 21 in coverage, 14 carry a tepid "hold" or worse rating. Plus, the 12-month consensus target price of $553.48 is no less than a 37.4% discount to current levels.

Digging deeper, a short squeeze could push Tesla stock even higher. Short interest rose 34% in the most recent reporting period, and the 60.62 million shares sold short account for a hefty 33.8% of the equity's available float, or over a day's worth of pent-up buying power...

I would love to see partnerships with home builders. I recently reached out to Toll Brothers to see if I could have a house built with a solar roof in one of their master planned communities. Their answer was that I would have to rip out the brand new roof after it's built and replace it...providing the HOA approves.

That doesn't sound like a Tesla issue. I have seen multiple people report getting a solar roof on their new construction. But obviously your builder has to be Ok with that, and it has to be allowed by the HOA, if any, that your construction is subject to.

Chamath, my new favorite person, is on CNBC and giving us all props and smiling while pissing on the WallStreet fire right now.
Chamath is a man who gives zero and he is and was frequently on that channel destroying the TSLA bears. He's also painfully telegenic which probably drives the CNBC people mad, this guy is super rich and much better looking than the presenters on that channel.

Chamath is a man who gives zero and he is and was frequently on that channel destroying the TSLA bears. He's also painfully telegenic which probably drives the CNBC people mad, this guy is super rich and much better looking than the presenters on that channel.
Take that back!....No one is more charismatic, charming and smarter than Gordo!

/s

It's an hour call, of which 45minutes is answering questions. Not sure how they are going to cover 10 topics in any depth more than "yes batteries are coming along," "we still plan to make a cybertruck," "we rolled out city street driving to a small beta group," "we might start semi production this year." I mean if this is the level of covering you are hoping to see then I guess you wont be disappointed. But personally I'd rather get real answers on 3-4 of those topics

Exactly, and we can already see what the first 10 questions are likely to be:

From institutional investors:
  1. What are the key milestone we need to achieve in order to evolve current FSD to a commercial Level4/5 ridesharing solution?
  2. Is it fair to argue that best way to think about company's long term earnings power is tied to profit /unit of battery capacity? 3 TWh tgt.from battery day implies ~1/2 of LT battery capacity goes to storage depending on what you assume for pack size on Elon's 20M unit goal?
  3. Key differences in product, customer preferences, FSD strategy between China and the rest of the world? do we need to do things differently to win the Chinese EV market?
  4. What is Tesla's current gigawatt-hour run rate for 4680 cell production and when do you expect the first vehicles to have 4680 cells?
  5. Where are you in Cybertruck development? What are your expectations for Cybertruck deliveries in 2021?
From retail investors:
  1. What is currently holding Tesla back from being the market share leader in solar?
  2. Could current owners get ability to transfer their FSD to their next vehicle? This would be huge for loyalty and overall increase sales of vehicles while offering more FSD sales on the used vehicles.
  3. Can you give us a progress update on dry coating of the battery electrode? At battery day, Elon said "I would not say this is completely in the bag" yet as yields were low.
  4. Why are you confident Tesla will achieve level 5 autonomy in 2021 and why is DOJO not necessary to get there?
  5. What is Tesla doing to improve the service experience? Tesla HAD a reputation for outstanding customer service; now it is impossible to even call a service center and appointments are scheduled weeks out.

I would love to see partnerships with home builders. I recently reached out to Toll Brothers to see if I could have a house built with a solar roof in one of their master planned communities. Their answer was that I would have to rip out the brand new roof after it's built and replace it...providing the HOA approves.
I would love to see a partnership. I was just gonna ask the Toll Brothers rep the same thing. If there was a company that did this I would use my TSLA gains to build a house with solar roof, powerwall, TSLA chargers, heat pump heating and all electric appliances. This is a big opportunity for some builder, I’m surprised no one has jumped on it yet.

I would love to see a partnership. I was just gonna ask the Toll Brothers rep the same thing. If there was a company that did this I would use my TSLA gains to build a house with solar roof, powerwall, TSLA chargers, heat pump heating and all electric appliances. This is a big opportunity for some builder, I’m surprised no one has jumped on it yet.
They don't want the expense of training their personnel.

• Informative
Reactions: larmor
Take that back!....No one is more charismatic, charming and smarter than Gordo!

/s
Gordo's suits are really nice. Not even a joke. I am impressed he doesn't look like he was dragged through the gutter every time he appears on tv. Certainly gives credence to the theory that he has no personal stake in a TSLA short and is funded a different way.

Who woulda thunk? ;)
Chamath is a man who gives zero f__ks and he is and was frequently on that channel destroying the TSLA bears. He's also painfully telegenic which probably drives the CNBC people mad, this guy is super rich and much better looking than the presenters on that channel.

Well some of the women on are much better looking than Chamath, but then I'm a guy.

Exactly, and we can already see what the first 10 questions are likely to be:

From institutional investors:
  1. What are the key milestone we need to achieve in order to evolve current FSD to a commercial Level4/5 ridesharing solution?
  2. Is it fair to argue that best way to think about company's long term earnings power is tied to profit /unit of battery capacity? 3 TWh tgt.from battery day implies ~1/2 of LT battery capacity goes to storage depending on what you assume for pack size on Elon's 20M unit goal?
  3. Key differences in product, customer preferences, FSD strategy between China and the rest of the world? do we need to do things differently to win the Chinese EV market?
  4. What is Tesla's current gigawatt-hour run rate for 4680 cell production and when do you expect the first vehicles to have 4680 cells?
  5. Where are you in Cybertruck development? What are your expectations for Cybertruck deliveries in 2021?
From retail investors:
  1. What is currently holding Tesla back from being the market share leader in solar?
  2. Could current owners get ability to transfer their FSD to their next vehicle? This would be huge for loyalty and overall increase sales of vehicles while offering more FSD sales on the used vehicles.
  3. Can you give us a progress update on dry coating of the battery electrode? At battery day, Elon said "I would not say this is completely in the bag" yet as yields were low.
  4. Why are you confident Tesla will achieve level 5 autonomy in 2021 and why is DOJO not necessary to get there?
  5. What is Tesla doing to improve the service experience? Tesla HAD a reputation for outstanding customer service; now it is impossible to even call a service center and appointments are scheduled weeks out.

You forgot "Would you use lidar if it was free?" by the MS institution.