Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's an hour call, of which 45minutes is answering questions. Not sure how they are going to cover 10 topics in any depth more than "yes batteries are coming along," "we still plan to make a cybertruck," "we rolled out city street driving to a small beta group," "we might start semi production this year." I mean if this is the level of covering you are hoping to see then I guess you wont be disappointed. But personally I'd rather get real answers on 3-4 of those topics
Who said detail?

Saying Semi and Cybertruck delivers scheduled/still scheduled for 2021 is all the information needed. FSD next phase should start March. Mostly what they need to give is just guidance on release timeframes.

Earnings call bingo:
upload_2021-1-27_10-21-34.png

I’m actually looking for partnerships I would have hoped that solar roof tiles would be options on new home construction, as a OEM option, such as KB homes, new home company, toll Brothers, etc.

That isn't something Tesla has control of. The builders would have to add it as an option. Tesla trains/authorizers third party installers so if those companies want to offer a Tesla solar roof, they just have to sign up and train their roofing crews, or hire authorized sub-contractors.

I don't expect it to happen any time soon, at least until enough people demand it from the builders to get their attention.

I know why the volume is so low...take a look at the volume on the WSB's crowd favorites :eek:
Yeah, which is why I think it was valid discussion here. Along with uncovering more of the manipulation tactics used by shorts. And proving retail investors have more power than portrayed on this board. We may not get the pop we want this earnings since that whole crowd is sitting this one out..

Reactions: JRP3 and Drumheller
I know why the volume is so low...take a look at the volume on the WSB's crowd favorites :eek:

If you're an active S&P fund manager and you were still waiting to buy some Tesla.....you're loving this action in terms of the attention being drawn away form Tesla. Who knows...we may not get much of a pop after earnings even if they're blown out because the attention in Wall St is elsewhere. Meanwhile you can buy after blow earnings/guidance(if that happens) in the upper 800's and lower 900's and then watch the stock blow up a week or two from now.

Reactions: 82bert
If you're an active S&P fund manager and you were still waiting to buy some Tesla.....you're loving this action in terms of the attention being drawn away form Tesla. Who knows...we may not get much of a pop after earnings even if they're blown out because the attention in Wall St is elsewhere. Meanwhile you can buy after blow earnings/guidance(if that happens) in the upper 800's and lower 900's and then watch the stock blow up a week or two from now.

The flipside is that retail investors making killing on those shorts could turn around and buy into Tesla in a big way at any point after earnings

Exactly, and we can already see what the first 10 questions are likely to be:

From institutional investors:
  1. What are the key milestone we need to achieve in order to evolve current FSD to a commercial Level4/5 ridesharing solution?
  2. Is it fair to argue that best way to think about company's long term earnings power is tied to profit /unit of battery capacity? 3 TWh tgt.from battery day implies ~1/2 of LT battery capacity goes to storage depending on what you assume for pack size on Elon's 20M unit goal?
  3. Key differences in product, customer preferences, FSD strategy between China and the rest of the world? do we need to do things differently to win the Chinese EV market?
  4. What is Tesla's current gigawatt-hour run rate for 4680 cell production and when do you expect the first vehicles to have 4680 cells?
  5. Where are you in Cybertruck development? What are your expectations for Cybertruck deliveries in 2021?
From retail investors:
  1. What is currently holding Tesla back from being the market share leader in solar?
  2. Could current owners get ability to transfer their FSD to their next vehicle? This would be huge for loyalty and overall increase sales of vehicles while offering more FSD sales on the used vehicles.
  3. Can you give us a progress update on dry coating of the battery electrode? At battery day, Elon said "I would not say this is completely in the bag" yet as yields were low.
  4. Why are you confident Tesla will achieve level 5 autonomy in 2021 and why is DOJO not necessary to get there?
  5. What is Tesla doing to improve the service experience? Tesla HAD a reputation for outstanding customer service; now it is impossible to even call a service center and appointments are scheduled weeks out.
Great list of retail investor questions, except for #2.

Reactions: UCF3
Did you see the post at the bottom of that? (Could be different by user). Key distinguishing factor "full-line" I'm guessing to mean no 4x4 Trucks yet. They are so "committed", but they can't make enough Broncos.

"Ford is committed to addressing climate change by:
  • Being the only U.S. full-line automaker committed to reducing CO2 emissions in line with the Paris Climate Agreement."

Did you see the post at the bottom of that? (Could be different by user). Key distinguishing factor "full-line" I'm guessing to mean no 4x4 Trucks yet. They are so "committed", but they can't make enough Broncos.

"Ford is committed to addressing climate change by:
  • Being the only U.S. full-line automaker committed to reducing CO2 emissions in line with the Paris Climate Agreement."
Note the weasel words "full-line".

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: SOULPEDL
Gordo's suits are really nice. Not even a joke. I am impressed he doesn't look like he was dragged through the gutter every time he appears on tv. Certainly gives credence to the theory that he has no personal stake in a TSLA short and is funded a different way.

They're a bit on the tight side, I feel