Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like cheap advertising to me.:D If I remember correctly they are scrapping SN11-13 because they already have a new design/modifications. (didnt feel like digging too much to find an exact link).

Aha! This might be intentional RUD just to simplify disposal of obsolete prototypes.

Anybody else curious about the 18,000 calls at $1700 for Friday? Seems really strange that anyone who be buying those. Elon also said he would be off Twitter for a bit. Is there something happening this week? I sure hope not, since I sold a 1000c for Friday that I’m assuming is safe.

sorry, not familiar with how options work. What would be the significance or reason to buying $1700 calls?

Anybody else curious about the 18,000 calls at $1700 for Friday? Seems really strange that anyone who be buying those. Elon also said he would be off Twitter for a bit. Is there something happening this week? I sure hope not, since I sold a 1000c for Friday that I’m assuming is safe.

Last year after Q2, Tesla published their 10-Q on Jul 28, 2020, about a week after the Earnings letter. Telsa issued the notice of Share Dividend on Aug 11, about 2 weeks after the 10-Q came out. The split took effect Aug 31.

The Q4 Earnings letter was about 1 week later relative to Q2 (which is normal since it includes the Annual Report as well).

If Tesla issues another Share Dividend (for instance 2:1) in the same pattern as Q2, we might expect the 10-K anytime now, then a notice of the share split via dividend about 2 weeks after the 10-K, with the share split taking effect about March 1st, 2021.

If there's a stock split that is... ;)

Cheers!

Tesla cancels Model Y Long Range RWD variant, honors FSD price from pre-order date

Tesla is reaching out to them to make them aware of the cancelation. Instead of canceling their orders altogether, Sales Advisors are encouraging owners to choose either the Standard Range RWD Model Y or the Long Range AWD configurations of the all-electric crossover. These two builds are the closest to the LR RWD variant of the Model Y.

Last year after Q2, Tesla published their 10-Q on Jul 28, 2020, about a week after the Earnings letter. Telsa issued the notice of Share Dividend on Aug 11, about 2 weeks after the 10-Q came out. The split took effect Aug 31.

The Q4 Earnings letter was about 1 week later relative to Q2 (which is normal since it includes the Annual Report as well).

If Tesla issues another Share Dividend (for instance 2:1) in the same pattern as Q2, we might expect the 10-K anytime now, then a notice of the share split via dividend about 2 weeks after the 10-K, with the share split taking effect about March 1st, 2021.

If there's a stock split that is... ;)

Cheers!
If there's another stock split, I'll upgrade my Roadster reservation to the Founder's Series edition.

sorry, not familiar with how options work. What would be the significance or reason to buying $1700 calls?

A $1700 (strike price) call contract expiring on Friday gives the owner the right to buy 100 shares of TSLA for $1,700 per share. If TSLA rises above $1,700 per share on the open market, you can buy 100 shares at a discount. BUT if TSLA never reaches $1,700 per share that call contract will expire worthless.

Buying a call contract at a strike price double the current stock price is a bit of a gamble when the contract will expire in a year or two. But buying such a contract with only three days prior to expiration is like buying a lottery ticket.

IF lots of high strike near term expiration call contracts suddenly start being bought up, you might think someone is trying to profit on some very good news that’s about to drop. But - that would be illegal and unethical, so I am sure that never happens.

Lol, the ONLY thing that the Fremont Gigapress has in common with the 1946 Volkswagenwerk is that NEITHER of them had roofs. :p

VW%2B150594_3792908540774_1232419459_n.jpg

Cheers!
Power plant survived the bombing. But maybe the allied forces aren't done yet :eek:
https://www.motortrend.com/news/unexploded-bombs-wwii-found-vws-headquarters/

Considering these cost between $200-$400 grand total depending when bought, I wouldn't give it a second thought.