Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rob was great, always is. Happy to see him get an extra level of exposure, especially as a Tesla "ambassador" on a network that probably doesn't have viewers following Tesla very closely, if at all.

The Fox guy, well . . . I would bet he probably didn't know any of this. When I drive across the country and people ask me about my car, usually when they see me charging, they are blown away by how fast it charges, how far it goes, and how well it performs. I've given dozens of test rides to people that just could not believe an EV "can be that quick!".

We all as Tesla advocates have a lot of work to do. This stuff is obvious to us, but it is not even close to obvious for the rest of the population.
We are getting there, with lots of work from the Tesla community. When I got my 3 a couple years ago there were hardly any Tesla's to be found and people had no clue what they were, let alone how fast they could charge and whatnot. Yesterday I stopped by a manual car wash to get rid of salt and grime and out of the 30 cars washing or waiting there were three model 3s and one Y. Times are a changing. By the time the CT ramps Teslas will be a normal vehicle in most of the nation.

I sense we're all about there at our risk tolerance line. But I am debating 1 more buy under $700.
If it goes measurably lower I might borrow against my crypto holdings. A 35% LTV on an asset that I have a 60% paper gain on isn't too bad. Let's hope we don't get there though.

Couch is completely empty now. All I have left is the cash I have set aside to pay 2020 taxes. That cash is whispering "hey, surely you can sell TSLA back again by April for some profit" but we all have our risk tolerances. ;)
I sense we're all about there at our risk tolerance line. But I am debating 1 more buy under $700.

OT - Forum mechanics...
Check this out, my post occured after someone quoted me. People are reading my mind? Stop it!

upload_2021-2-25_14-2-47.png

Last edited:
[snip]
When I drive across the country and people ask me about my car, usually when they see me charging, they are blown away by how fast it charges, how far it goes, and how well it performs. I've given dozens of test rides to people that just could not believe an EV "can be that quick!".

We all as Tesla advocates have a lot of work to do. This stuff is obvious to us, but it is not even close to obvious for the rest of the population.

Had been thinking about using the Nextdoor app to see if I could get some in the hood interested, but then covid hit. Maybe when things get better, hopefully soon.

Might not be a bad idea to just send out a few feelers, just to get a sense of interest. Probably would just bring out all the haters, but you never know.

If it goes measurably lower I might borrow against my crypto holdings. A 35% LTV on an asset that I have a 60% paper gain on isn't too bad. Let's hope we don't get there though.

Hmmm...there must be some really unusual financial circumstance unique to you that you're not mentioning. Because what you're saying just doesn't compute, at least not in my brain. Unless you are not talking about a position large enough to even mention. And I'm no "Mr. Conservative" when it comes to taking financial risks.

It sounds like you might be trying to make up for a missed opportunity in the last couple of years.

Reactions: asburgers
Had been thinking about using the Nextdoor app to see if I could get some in the hood interested, but then covid hit. Maybe when things get better, hopefully soon.
Been there, until I was accused of being a stockbroker trying to sell Tesla on some hidden agenda, lol.
I offered test drives, no takers. And when I posted a few Summon demo's, people didn't like what was coming in general, and too slow.
Humans do fear plenty. Imagine what we were like during the dinosaurs. A stone drops and someone yells "dino... run!"