Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doing back of the envelope math here for worst case...

~11 days downtime (spread over 2.5 weeks w/ day and night shift)
$45,000 average cost per car
~700 Model 3's produced per day at Fremont
~20% gross margin on each car produced

7700 Model 3 not produced
$346 million lost in revenue
$69 million lost in profit

which is equal to a devaluation of the company by ~40 billion dollars?

Insane. HODL.
Yes, but what if it's a systemic demand problem brought on earlier than expected?

Psych! :p

I keep thinking back about the 1Billion option play a couple of weeks back.... is there anyway to know who placed that bet so perfectly? I mean, Gary Black or some other person?

Those were weeklies. They expired on Feb. 19th, with the stock down a whole $30 points from previous Friday's close. I believe they expired worthless.

Rob Maurer today on Fox Business, talking with Stuart "I Won't Be Used!" Varney.

He's great at these things, manages to stay on topic and deliver relevant info at a high bitrate!
The Fox guy acted like he didn't know any of this. It explains why I get deer in the headlights when I tell people what's coming at Tesla. Loved the offer to return, need more of that. And way to go Rob!

With max pain currently at 750 for tomorrow, are MM's going to help us out tomorrow or is that beyond their means or motivation?
Best thing that could happen today is we hit $667.81 to trigger the uptick rule for tomorrow (only $2.72 to go now).

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-02-25.15-39.png

EDIT: so the intraday low was a drop of 9.63% (nothing to see, move along)

Last edited:
The Fox guy acted like he didn't know any of this. It explains why I get deer in the headlights when I tell people what's coming at Tesla. Loved the offer to return, need more of that. And way to go Rob!

Rob was great, always is. Happy to see him get an extra level of exposure, especially as a Tesla "ambassador" on a network that probably doesn't have viewers following Tesla very closely, if at all.

The Fox guy, well . . . I would bet he probably didn't know any of this. When I drive across the country and people ask me about my car, usually when they see me charging, they are blown away by how fast it charges, how far it goes, and how well it performs. I've given dozens of test rides to people that just could not believe an EV "can be that quick!".

We all as Tesla advocates have a lot of work to do. This stuff is obvious to us, but it is not even close to obvious for the rest of the population.