Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not buying the, "inflation is fine" story. Have you watched your food prices? Food has climbed for the past year in Phoenix. Fast food prices are rising now. Housing has gone full retard. I sold my house in April 2019 (put some of the equity into TSLA) and have been chasing a rising price point for a year while trying to buy another one. I sold mine for $285k. A comparable house is now $400k.

My search started at $250k and up last year. I just put an offer up to $550k on a house that sold for $330,000 in late 2016. A house lists for one weekend and has dozens of offers, waiving appraisal clause, and using escalation clauses to compete.

If serious inflation is kicking in, my plan is to hold most of my tsla (selling a bit for down payment) and get in a house with a set mortgage at a low rate.

Much of it is California money moving to AZ but I'm seeing rising prices all around.
I get disagreements when I said there's a real estate transition. While houses are seeing prices increase, inner city condo rent from major city is collapsing.

People want space and personal transportation as a result of the pandemic. No one likes to trapped in a small studio for months on end with strict covid laws. Those laws,, which are necessary, took away the appeal of these major cities which people payed the high price for dining and entertainment at their finger tips. So if that's gone, then you are just left with an expensive jail cell with no back yard.

So there is a shift, which could results in a shift back once pandemic is under control. People who used to think living in certain HCOL places may no longer be a pipe dream as their prices collapse. The good news is every family that transition to the suburb will most likely need to buy two new or used cars. I see massive demand spike for personal transport as this continues.

The Real Estate Collapse of 2020

Last edited:
I'm not buying the, "inflation is fine" story. Have you watched your food prices? Food has climbed for the past year in Phoenix. Fast food prices are rising now. Housing has gone full retard. I sold my house in April 2019 (put some of the equity into TSLA) and have been chasing a rising price point for a year while trying to buy another one. I sold mine for $285k. A comparable house is now $400k.

My search started at $250k and up last year. I just put an offer up to $550k on a house that sold for $330,000 in late 2016. A house lists for one weekend and has dozens of offers, waiving appraisal clause, and using escalation clauses to compete.

If serious inflation is kicking in, my plan is to hold most of my tsla (selling a bit for down payment) and get in a house with a set mortgage at a low rate.

Much of it is California money moving to AZ but I'm seeing rising prices all around.
Might not be inflationary yet, the mortgage rates went down, people can still afford their $2000 mortgage monthly payment so house price go from 250 to 400

Reactions: capster and mekberg
Gary Black on Twitter - hour ago: https://twitter.com/garyblack00/status/1365682660123832324

upload_2021-2-27_10-27-22.png

Might not be inflationary yet, the mortgage rates went down, people can still afford their $2000 mortgage monthly payment so house price go from 250 to 400
300k goes to 370k to have equal monthly payment from 4.5% dropped to 2.9%.

However as house prices go up, so does property tax so to have similar payments would be around 360kish. There's definitely inflation in the suburbs, while massive deflation inner large cities.

So overall it's a transition. 2005-2007 we saw property skyrocket everywhere.

Get ready for a shocker....

Fisker Inc. has "completely dropped" solid-state batteries

Fisker Inc. has ‘completely dropped’ solid-state batteries

Henrik Fisker has abandoned his electric vehicle startup’s effort to create a solid-state battery, the Fisker Inc. founder told The Verge in a recent interview.
The startup plans to outsource nearly everything with its cars and will instead focus on design and customer relations.

This thing is painful to read.
And yet the next "Tesla killer/ revolutionary battery" article is being written now and next week and next week....just like the last several years.

And people will believe the nonsense they read.

Sad....but I do like the sale price they sometimes induce.

And yet the next "Tesla killer/ revolutionary battery" article is being written now and next week and next week....just like theist several years.

And people will believe the nonsense they read.

Sad....but I do like the sale price they sometimes induce.
Just be glad the verge didn't mention anything about 420 pedo tweets in a fisker article.

But yeah this is exactly what Elon said. Prototypes are easy, but that leads to people thinking it's 90% of the work, when in reality it's 5% of the work. Even in this article Fisker considered SS as 90% done...but can't get the last 10% right..lol. I wonder why....

Painful for Fisker and for those who predicted them and their solid-state batteries to out-compete Tesla:
Fisker to Rival Tesla With Solid State Battery | BOSS Magazine
Tesla killer Fisker shoots for solid-state batteries in cars by 2023

How could this be "painful " for Fiskar when it was never more than a thinly veiled lie to get more investor money? I mean, if we knew Fisker wasn't bringing a solid state battery to market by 2023 then Fisker knew. Don't be gullible and believe their recent lie that it turned out to be harder than they anticipated - they've known all along it was just a scheme to get more money and they could always say "whoopsie, that didn't work out ".

This just makes Tesla look better in the eyes of those who believed Fisker's lies..

Last edited:
300k goes to 370k to have equal monthly payment from 4.5% dropped to 2.9%.

However as house prices go up, so does property tax so to have similar payments would be around 360kish. There's definitely inflation in the suburbs, while massive deflation inner large cities.

So overall it's a transition. 2005-2007 we saw property skyrocket everywhere.

I actually think traditional economists and old school investors that put so much focus on traditional metrics of warnings signs an overheated market, inflation, economy etc......have no clue what's going on right now in the country. We're seeing many years(like 10 yrs) of change being compressed in to a 1-2 year timeframe.

As you pointed out, the great migration that's happening with remote work combined with more and more people starting remote businesses is going to throw off tons of metrics and the most visible place it's going to do that is the real estate market in the suburbs/cheap states verses citys/expensive states. Then add in the fact that with so much remote work being done, traditional consumers spending has been flipped on it's head. And the biggy of all is the renewable energy explosion causing deflation in certain parts (fuel, home energy prices, commercial trucking, etc..) Just think of the impact Tesla alone with have on the impact of cost of transported goods when the Semi is ramped up in production(hopefully 2022).

Last edited:
I actually think traditional economists and old school investors that put so much focus on traditional metrics of warnings signs an overheated market, inflation, economy etc......have no clue what's going on right now in the country. We're seeing many years(like 10 yrs) of change being compressed in to a 1-2 timeframe.

As you pointed out, the great migration that's happening with remote work combined with more and more people starting remote businesses is going to throw off tons of metrics and the most visible place it's going to do that is the real estate market in the suburbs/cheap states verses citys/expensive states. Then add in the fact that with so much remote work being done, traditional consumers spending has been flipped on it's head. And the biggy of all is the renewable energy explosion causing deflation in certain parts (fuel, home energy prices, commercial trucking, etc..) Just think of the impact Tesla alone with have on the impact of cost of transported goods when the Semi is ramped up in production(hopefully 2022).
That's why Alex Porter said if Tesla actually hit their ambitious goals in 2030, it will blow up the economy and cause all sorts of havoc.

Is there a reason people are posting Gary Black updates? This dude seems to have nearly zero insight into TSLA or Tesla fundamentals.

TSLA went down because it's the #1 high flyer and rates shot to 1.6%. MMs were happy to push down a bit to nix some calls and that's about it. Same story as always, general tech macros and MM balancing.

Is there a reason people are posting Gary Black updates? This dude seems to have nearly zero insight into TSLA or Tesla fundamentals.

TSLA went down because it's the #1 high flyer and rates shot to 1.6%. MMs were happy to push down a bit to nix some calls and that's about it. Same story as always, general tech macros and MM balancing.
He seems to have insider information from large hedge managers. Of course it seems like he just give bs justification but man he sure called that top like a laser guided missile while people here were laughing at him.

With that giant step backward for Fisker, I remind all that, to the extent tag-along investors such as we also share Mr Musk's vision, the goal is the replacement of the internal combustion engine and not the supreme domination of the world of EVs by Tesla Motors.

To that end, I also learned that Tesla is not the sole company looking to buy or merge with upstream suppliers in search of, for example, battery materials. Audi, I understand, is in final talks not just with Dakota Mining but also with Canada's Dofasco. The latter is a bit more of stretch but not so much as their purchasing Zippo Manufacturing. It's all to gibe with their marketing campaign of the past many, many years.

The new company, you see, is to be called ZipAudiDoDa.