Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
India is a such a mess. They keep doing this catch-22 stuff with domestic production and it's getting them nowhere. It needs to be a general guiding principle, not the absolute brick wall holding back progress.

India is the only major electricity market in the world where I've see a local gov't sanctioned body pull out of a solar PPA simply because a better price became available 18 months later. Maybe it happens elsewhere, but I haven't seen it on any significant scale. You ain't going nowhere in this decentralized sustainable economy if that's the kind of market regulation in place.

They'll likely be a policy/implementation laggard for good. Fortunately, off-the shelf decentralized products are right around the corner.
Don't tell this dude India wants to give Tesla everything and the kitchen sink....

Tesla's market cap unsustainable, not linked to entrepreneurial capabilities of Elon Musk: Rakesh Jhunjhunwala

Are we in a 20% correction now, or were we in a 20% overshoot two weeks ago? I am far more worried about my 640 strike Puts than my 850 covered calls right now.... I think we are far more likely to be below 750 in two weeks time, than above it. I do hope that as we get closer to Q1 delivery numbers in the beginning of April that investors pile back in and drive the SP back closer to 850 in the second half of the month.

If they don't drive SP back closer to 850 in late March, seems like we stand a good chance to see those levels following a solid beat on P&D numbers. (fingers crossed)

Reactions: BornToFly
Tesla is a significant holding in the Baron Funds. CEO Ron Baron usually explains his Tesla bullishness when interviewed.

upload_2021-3-2_12-7-7.png

Well we're beating the Nasdaq multiple right now so overall not a terrible day, especially if the Nasdaq can recover some.

That's probably been the most painful part of the past month and half. On positive macro days, TSLA would only perform 1.5-2X the macros or just barely be positive on the day at all. On down macro down, TSLA would be down 3-4X.

It'll be a pretty bullish sign when that trend noticeably changes

And now we're down 3.5X of the Nasdaq, just like clockwork. I wish this trend wasn't so damn easy to predict :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It roasts my brain that all arguments circulate back to buy moar TSLA. The counterpoint is that with a hipster coffee shop, I can finally pay some min wage kids to hang out and laugh at my dad jokes - TSLA does not offer that.
Hmm...
If instead you buy a brand spanking new S, with the yoke, you get to make the ultimate dad joke:
<minor insult/smart-ass line> followed immediately by: "Aw, common, I was only kidding! Can't you take a *yoke* !?"
:)

I think most of us vets are just being greedy. Sp performance is beyond our wildest dreams compared to our expectations 2 years ago.

Truth be told, if things go to plan, 700 is fair price for now. I believe this stock will go up to 5000 in the next 10 years. Particularly if they take advantage of pumping up their innovations. I don't want Tesla to advertise per se, but I do support them anti-advertising. That is, simply making fun of other automakers compared to Tesla. Similar to what they did with the Lexus and Model Y safety video. I am beginning to think advertising would be wise even though I love that we haven't had to do it yet.

Reactions: JustMe
Pretty sure the factory for the "China designed car" is already being built on existing land. I agree with this guys comments that were posted to the article.
View attachment 641370

WOAH, if that guys estimates are true then Giga Shanghai is going to be a production BEAST within a year or two, much more than I thought. 10K cars per week out of one plant??!?!? Honestly that sounds kind of crazy high to me, am I wrong?

Tesla is a significant holding in the Baron Funds. CEO Ron Baron usually explains his Tesla bullishness when interviewed.

View attachment 641361
Baron is pretty cool so maybe I'll watch that.

But ... CNBC is a bit of a clown show sometimes....
Just 15 minutes ago, this was one of their ticker lines:"BILL FOLEY GOING PUBIC VIA SPAC"
Well, I guess that spac is all about naked shorting ... :)

Just to make sure I'm remembering this correctly but the Fremont Model Y is only for North America(and specifically the US) correct?

Based on those Jan numbers, Tesla sold 9,597 Model Y's globally in Jan(except NA). Does that mean those 9,597 Model Y's are all MIC Y's?

If so, Troy is significantly under tracking MIC Model Y production. Troy Teslike on Twitter: "@MathewGamble3 @DKurac Model 3 was low but this was expected because of high exports. I expect 18,000 in Feb. MIC Model Y was very similar to MIC Model 3 a year ago in Q1 2020. Expectations were higher because Model Y was added to an existing factory and the team there had more experience vs Jan 2020." / Twitter

Or are those global numbers including Canada/Mexico in the numbers where some of the Y's could be from Fremont?

Last edited:
Just to make sure I'm remembering this correctly but the Fremont Model Y is only for North America(and specifically the US) correct?

Based on those Jan numbers, Tesla sold 9,597 Model Y's globally in Jan(except NA). Does that mean those 9,597 Model Y's are all MIC Y's?

If so, Troy is significantly under tracking MIC Model Y production. Or are those global numbers including Canada/Mexico in the numbers where some of the Y's could be from Fremont?
What is this from?