Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm waiting for the kaboom before I commit my last straw funds.

5E107415-D8F7-4D6E-824E-89B659D6D7D9.jpeg

Credit: Cosmic Perspective Twitter: @considercosmos

Last edited:
Not advice..... However
March 23 leaps are reallllly really silly low - $500 C is going for $281 - meaning you can buy 100 shares in 2 years for $781 each..
Wow....
This seems like a terrible deal to me when you can buy 100 shares for less than that right now. Unless you're going to trade them in for the premium in the next 2 years, I would have just bought the shares.

so it looks like people are suddenly getting out of tech and into more traditional high-street stocks because the virus may be getting under control... but this seems nuts to me.
People have had to work from home and shop online for a year. Businesses have seen how practical it is to use zoom & slack instead of rent expensive office space. Consumers have got a taste for having their shopping delivered, and maybe got used to watching enw movies on TV instead of the theater...
Does everyone REALLY think that at the flip of a switch we all go back to the life before covid? Laughable.

And oh the irony of taking out this fear of tech on a company that mostly makes cars personal, safe, virus free transport) and distributed renewable energy (hello texas!).
A lot of people are going to wake up next week any wonder why the hell they sold their TSLA. Except me. I'm not selling a single share :D

Well i think it's time to start that self directed brokerage in the old 401k and put everything in TSLA. Finally found one of them mythical couches you all are raving about.
whelp, it takes at least 2 days for them to approve the account and then another 1 day for them to move funds over. Based on this information, I would reckon that the recovery will happen within the next 3 business days.

This seems like a terrible deal to me when you can buy 100 shares for less than that right now. Unless you're going to trade them in for the premium in the next 2 years, I would have just bought the shares.
It's about leveraging up when one thinks we have hit the bottom. 2 of these are going to give you 1.52 delta which means your position will go up 50% faster than holding 100 shares while spending less. The delta will only keep going up until it hits 2 as we recover. Not that I encourage it but it's not like this forum is too shy when it comes to risk taking. I plan on doing this once we hit 500. This is how one can leverage up without getting into margin.

Last edited:
Discussion on Giga Berlin including remarks by Brandenburg's secretary of commerce - nothing groundbreaking, but two things I found interesting was that they started out against 60 (!) competing locations for a GF in Europe that were then boiled down. Also, Tesla seems to be serious about photovoltaics on GF Berlin roof, supposedly to become largest solar installation in Germany. Maybe most importantly, between the lines it did not sound like there was any doubt the project is happening, even with the final permit still pending.

Last edited:
Is selling something like a 600P Jan 22 for 15K a bad idea?

If I had the margin, I'd do it. But alas, I do not.

*I will add also that it'll either tie up your cash/margin for the duration, or until you sell. So I use to be able to sell weekly puts near the SP, but since selling a Jan 22 put, I don't have enough equity to do so. So just keep it in mind if you like to play with options.