Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If we see 2 percent yields in the next two weeks, as the bond market seems to be telegraphing will happen in first half of year, we will probably revisit the 500s.

I lost a lot of money in medium term options over a few years in TSLA before the spectacular breakout began in late 2019.

A warning to my friends to acknowledge the power of the market to do the unexpected, and to grind a stock for much longer than you feel is possible or reasonable.

I see predictions here that Tesla will have the largest market cap in the world in nine short months. Please keep expectations in check.
I think that's mostly baked in. This is another one of those things everyone knows is gonna happen....so it can't.

Way too strong of a floor under TSLA with all these funds able to buy below inclusion price and essentially print performance vs the SP500.

Unless we see liquidity lower appreciably, I don't see how TSLA does anything other than its normal absurd volatility and always reverting to a $700 floor. Craziness.

$1750 is my PT fr end of the year - I've already bet a crate of Westvleteren on this with a colleague

I hope you are swimming in Westvleteren by the end of the year. If you win the bet, you could probably buy enough extra to fill your swimming pool without impacting your finances significantly! I've always wondered if you would catch a buzz if you swam in beer! :oops:

I am beginning to think Tesla is spending advertising dollars in China. More and more scenes from TV dramas seem to be like product placements. Here is an example of a drama my wife is watching where they are just walking through a mall and made sure Tesla is in the shot.

received_790167501863252.jpeg

I agree to the strong points of FSD. I only doubt the definition of level 5. Like I said, have to see it to believe. For example, how the L5 deal with a possible car jack attempt in this video:
Tesla foils carjacker attempt, Navy officer says

I know criminals are not the brightest bulbs in the room but, come on, give me a break! Autonomous cars will pretty much eliminate car jackings except for really odd edge cases in which the car jacker somehow has the proper digital credentials.

I don't think you thought this out very well.

I am beginning to think Tesla is spending advertising dollars in China. More and more scenes from TV dramas seem to be like product placements. Here is an example of a drama my wife is watching where they are just walking through a mall and made sure Tesla is in the shot.

View attachment 645236

Uh, no. The producer (or writer) is simply using Tesla to add positive interest. Just like the largest condo tower in Canada uses Teslas scattered about the entrance to give it a modern, upscale appearance. In the former case they are using Tesla to increase viewership and the latter case to market condos. Tesla needs no paid marketing. I'm surprised you STILL think otherwise.

I am extremely sure.

Porsche provided a press car for 36 hrs. Like they do for every automotive journalist/auto youtuber. Then out of spec motoring decided to Cannnonball it.

After they were in The Cannonball EA techs tried to help out as much as possible. EA is not Porsche.

If this was a Porsche run they would have made sure the chargers worked before hand. And hired drivers. And spotters.

Thanks for sharing information on competition multiple times. Information is King.
Question for you - have you reached any sort of conclusion on where Tesla will be in couple of years as compared to competition?
Are we more like in ICE Age collapse and Tesla need not worry, or something else? thanks.

Uh, no. The producer (or writer) is simply using Tesla to add positive interest. Just like the largest condo tower in Canada uses Teslas scattered about the entrance to give it a modern, upscale appearance. In the former case they are using Tesla to increase viewership and the latter case to market condos. Tesla needs no paid marketing. I'm surprised you STILL think otherwise.
The new FUD:” omg, Tesla is paying for advertising now!!! It’s because they can’t sell their cars!!!”

/s

So I'm not sure if this is being worked on from the last time I posted, but it seems to me that when the poster does not have a sig, the reaction icons look like they are part of the post, but if the user does have a sig, then the reactions div is nestled underneath it, making it look like it's part of the sig instead of the post.

It's very hard to distinguish what the reactions are for with the sig.

Can the .message .reactionsBar just be moved up above the .message-signature div?

I am extremely sure.

Porsche provided a press car for 36 hrs. Like they do for every automotive journalist/auto youtuber. Then out of spec motoring decided to Cannnonball it.

After they were in The Cannonball EA techs tried to help out as much as possible. EA is not Porsche.

If this was a Porsche run they would have made sure the chargers worked before hand. And hired drivers. And spotters.

That doesn't accurately reflect what happened. When Porsche provides a press car there are geographical and other limits imposed upon it's use. These terms are all spelled out and the person legally accepting the car has to sign it.

Right before they left on the Canonball run, they noticed the GPS was plotting their position in a different state. This was not going to work for the run because the car can only pre-condition the battery for fast charging if it knows the distance to the next DC charger. So Porsche techs were tearing into multiple brand new Taycans to re-appropriate the parts they needed to replace to try to fix the issue. This was before they started the run.

I'm not sure why you are not willing to accept that the team had extensive company support to do this run. While it's probably true that legally they were not supporting the run, they totally enabled it, knew about it beforehand and supported it.

Buying opportunities galore when MSM talks about 2025-2030 VW,, GM etc and ignores Tesla 2021(with 2 new GFs coming online).
Talk about Information skew ...

(nothing underneath the couch ...for me )
You're doing it wrong. Look under the CUSHIONS.

Recently added another fellow to my "Ignore" list. I love how the new forum version shows who the ignored person is that's being replied to so I could see if any of them started useful postings... (none have yet). My 45 ignore posters make the forum readable again.

Many thanks to all the great contributors here. I've sent many the new investors here; I seem to be better at creating TSLA investors than new Tesla auto buyers, but I'm working on that too.

That doesn't accurately reflect what happened. When Porsche provides a press car there are geographical and other limits imposed upon it's use. These terms are all spelled out and the person legally accepting the car has to sign it.

Right before they left on the Canonball run, they noticed the GPS was plotting their position in a different state. This was not going to work for the run because the car can only pre-condition the battery for fast charging if it knows the distance to the next DC charger. So Porsche techs were tearing into multiple brand new Taycans to re-appropriate the parts they needed to replace to try to fix the issue. This was before they started the run.

I'm not sure why you are not willing to accept that the team had extensive company support to do this run. While it's probably true that legally they were not supporting the run, they totally enabled it, knew about it beforehand and supported it.
I just realized Tesla needs to do a driverless cannonball coast to coast with the roadster! The range alone might edge them out driving at normal speeds. Yesssss.