Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did not find the actual time - so will just be monitoring CNBC for the news.
No trades to make today, unless SP drop violently - and that will be to buy index funds and that can be done just before 4 pm :)
230pm eastern

Uh, no. The producer (or writer) is simply using Tesla to add positive interest. Just like the largest condo tower in Canada uses Teslas scattered about the entrance to give it a modern, upscale appearance. In the former case they are using Tesla to increase viewership and the latter case to market condos. Tesla needs no paid marketing. I'm surprised you STILL think otherwise.
And you know this because you are part of the production team?

I asked my wife if this scene had anything to do with the story and she said no. No one walked in to buy a Tesla, and no one in the show drives a Tesla. She said it's looks to be product placement as it was more random. But hey since you are on the production team who am I to argue since you have such certainty.

I'm guessing your post was mostly in jest, but isn't this aircraft "stealth" partly because radar that hits it never bounces directly back to the source? Never thought about it until now, but doesn't the cybertruck have roughly that same property?

Add some radar absorbing paint and do something about the large windshield, and it might actually be a good stealth design.
Google “Iron Ball Paint” and “ITO Film”. :cool:

I am beginning to think Tesla is spending advertising dollars in China. More and more scenes from TV dramas seem to be like product placements. Here is an example of a drama my wife is watching where they are just walking through a mall and made sure Tesla is in the shot.

View attachment 645236

Possible advertising spend, but more likely aspirational & better visually than handbags or perfume

Reactions: SpaceCash

I asked my wife if this scene had anything to do with the story and she said no. No one walked in to buy a Tesla, and no one in the show drives a Tesla. She said it's looks to be product placement as it was more random. But hey since you are on the production team who am I to argue since you have such certainty.

I "know" this because Tesla would have to appropriate the money for advertising purposes. And Elon would have to sign off on it. The fact that no one on the show drives a Tesla is irrelevant to whether the producer thought it would be a backdrop that add interest his show. The fact is that Tesla showrooms are in Chinese Malls so this would not be difficult to achieve, especially if they were already shooting there anyway. Teslas have been used on a lot of shows shot in the US and Canada as well. Is it your claim these were also paid product placement by Tesla?

You seem to think Tesla would do a 180 with regard to spending money on advertising.

I "know" this because Tesla would have to appropriate the money for advertising purposes. And Elon would have to sign off on it. The fact that no one on the show drives a Tesla is irrelevant to whether the producer thought it would be a backdrop that add interest his show. The fact is that Tesla showrooms are in Chinese Malls so this would not be difficult to achieve, especially if they were already shooting there anyway. Teslas have been used on a lot of shows shot in the US and Canada as well. Is it your claim these were also paid product placement by Tesla?

You seem to think Tesla would do a 180 with regard to spending money on advertising.
I want Tesla to advertise and punch all the other auto makers in the mouth. I'm tired of lame ass automakers trying to act like they are technologically advanced, I saw a GM battery commercial that made me realize they don't have to win the battery game, they just have to convince people it's probably pretty close to Tesla (which it isn't). We need smackdown advertising.... to satisfy my bloodlust.

Tesla does 180 like all the time. I wouldn't take anything they say as writing on stone tablets. Just recently they went 180 then 360 on sr+ Y.

BBA status in China originated from TV dramas as most protagonist are wealthy. The car they drive is vital as a source of brand recognition. I would be very happy if Tesla uses this route as their only source of advertisement as its key in peneatrating the BBA status.

Well, I know because Elon is against it. If it happened, when he finds out somebody is going to be out of a job.

Well, I know because Elon is against it. If it happened, when he finds out somebody is going to be out of a job.
He is against ad that are manipulative. Product placement or having the main character drive his car may not falls under traditional advertisements. Also Tesla may work under different set of rules in China as its culturally different. The company is known to be flexible when required.

Absolutely nothing wrong with advertising in a country where free discourse is not allowed. Trying not to be a fanboi gushing at every move, but mild Chinese market advertising makes sense to me.
I fully cosign this statement and would remind everyone that Tesla HAS already engaged in product placement endeavors in China. They had a whole flamboyant marketing campaign for "Game of Peace", a popular shooter similar to fortnite. The video game ran ads featuring some hot pink model 3's, and Tesla supplemented these ads with a giant physical shipping crate at the factory which eventually opened up revealing one of these hot pink 3's.

Edit: here have a link Awesome Purple Tesla From "Game Of Peace" Comes To Life In China

Last edited: