Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean, you only question people who seem to have some sort of rationale behind their claims. You don't question the insane ones.
That makes a weird kind of sense because those who have rationale will be able to give clear and concise responses. The insane ones will just have more insanity.

If the mission remains to maximize how many ICE vehicles are replaced, this will not happen.

Also, the logistics business and dealing with drivers are two things Tesla has no interest in right now. There are more important things to do.
I seem to remember that a few years ago there was a shortage of car haulers and Tesla bought one and even considered making trailers. I believe there was even a picture of one posted on TMC. I may be wrong as I’m north of 80, but it wouldn’t surprise me if that operation was still around.

It infuriates me how they question Cathie, who has a proven track record of success, yet none of them EVER question any of their bear guests (ex: Gordo) after years of failed predictions.
In America the customer is always right. Shorting hedge funds pay for air time, Cathie does not.

I just went to the chemist and when I got back to my car there were 3 primary school children peering in, 2 boys and 1 girl. I asked them if they liked Teslas and they said "Yeah", I said they're great aren't they? and they said "Yeah". I have never seen children this young interested in a car.
It's something isn't it? I think it's because before Tesla there were a handful of "cool cars" (exotics and such) and everything else was completely boring to almost everyone. Had I grabbed that M3 instead of a P3 my kids would have said "oh, shiny and cool" and then become bored with it. Instead they are constantly asking about new features, bragging to their friends (we have had chats about the line between liking your stuff and bragging), and generally obsessing about Teslas. I've seen so many parents look at their kids in confusion when they start talking about these cars.

Reuters - this morning: Senators want end date for ICE vehicles

Excerpt:

In an unreported letter going to Biden Monday, Democratic Senators Alex Padilla and Dianne Feinstein called on Biden “to follow California’s lead and set a date by which all new cars and passenger trucks sold be zero-emission vehicles.” They also urged Biden to restore California’s authority to set clean car standards.

I just went to the chemist and when I got back to my car there were 3 primary school children peering in, 2 boys and 1 girl. I asked them if they liked Teslas and they said "Yeah", I said they're great aren't they? and they said "Yeah". I have never seen children this young interested in a car.
I live with 2 of them. All their friends lose their sugar when my son insists on demoing for them the Tesla XMAS wing flappy musical. Even as an adult I chuckle with enjoyment.

Dare I ask how "chemist" translates to American English? Without context, I'm thinking pharmacist or drug dealer.

Last week my Model 3 got a thumbs up from a ten-year-old boy and my 13 year old Granddaughter received a photo of us from a casual school friend with a caption "isn't this your grandfather's car?" Celebrity experience is totally attributable to the vehicle. I haven't had adults pay any attention for months.

You know to seal the deal you should of demonstrated fart mode. The car, not you.

I know this feeling well. I live near a primary school and secondary school and every time I drive my car around and there are kids about I get lots of pointing and sometimes screams of excitement. I've even had one group run behind the car and follow it to my driveway. And children stopping next to it when parked and shouting "Tesla!" Their parents are probably sick of it, always delays their journey along the street. :cool:

If this is all true, then this would seem to be pretty strong evidence that Tesla is applying component-level firmware updates regularly as part of the normal OTA process.
Yep and we worked really hard on that bootloader so as to not brick (render inert due to screwing up a memory overwrite) the device. So glad it worked for you! Now imagine that capability on every single ECU (electrical control unit which is every smart device) in the car. How long will it take other car companies to do that? My answer: Never. Only the new ones like NIO and Lucid have a chance. Mainly since I know some of the engineers that worked on it are now at those companies.