Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm taking a leap of faith and will report back on TOS. Well, I emailed their margin risk department and asked for some estimates. Theirs is definitely lower than IBKR.
IBKR is simply not TSLA-friendly. It specifically targets TSLA owners and has raised the requirement about 3 times since I got on last year. Unacceptable. Don't approve me for leveraged trading and not allow me to manage my own risks.
Just make sure you negotiate margin interest rates with TD if you have not, while you may not be able to get as low as IBKR you can get close.

Democratic lawmakers urge Biden to set tough vehicle emissions rules - Reuters

Two groups of U.S. Democratic lawmakers on Wednesday urged President Joe Biden to reinstate tough Obama-era vehicle emissions standards through 2025 and do more to shift the U.S. toward electric vehicles, according to separate letters seen by Reuters that have not yet been made public.

If EV infrastructure buildout is part of the overall infrastructure bill, is Tesla gonna participate and create generic SuperChargers that can be used by all brand going forward?
Tesla has the best tech ...will they make current superchargers available to all, or create the generic superchargers

In Canada, I understand that Tesla is putting in charging sites with assistance of Federal funding, but is also required to add 3 generic chargers too as per:

So : You're on the right track! I do think it would be wise for Tesla to make all-brand charging sites, and get US and Canada funding to do so, SOMEONE has to do a credible job of this.

• Helpful
Reactions: elasalle
OT sorry, I had to share a conversation I had with my 7 YO last night. As we were listening to the Andrej Karpathy podcast about AI/FSD stuff and my son said...

”So the FSD will eventually be like using a calculator for difficult math... like, that much better than humans? So nobody will really do complicated driving themselves, right?”

I had no words. Maybe it’s my simple mind. I hadn’t really heard that analogy; but it seemed quite appropriate.
Bullish.

Way OT:
Last night my son told me he wants his 8th birthday (4/13) to be a Tesla theme. We have a flag, a Tesla cake, and there will be a “MODELXMAS” show.

Input welcome.
Teslaquila?

I'm taking a leap of faith and will report back on TOS. Well, I emailed their margin risk department and asked for some estimates. Theirs is definitely lower than IBKR.
IBKR is simply not TSLA-friendly. It specifically targets TSLA owners and has raised the requirement about 3 times since I got on last year. Unacceptable. Don't approve me for leveraged trading and not allow me to manage my own risks.

so what is the margin requirement on TOS?

I whole-heartily agree with you.
Well, at least until today. 3x macros. :(

Don't be surprised when MM's offer no help this week to get the stock back up to 680. The amount of times they routinely cap when max pain is lower than the share price is much higher than the amount of times they limit the downside when max pain is higher than the share price. We saw repeatedly during the sell off week after week where there was no support to get the stock up to a max pain closing price on Friday's. I generally feel that the influence of MM's is very one sided

Don't be surprised when MM's offer no help this week to get the stock back up to 680. The amount of times they routinely cap when max pain is lower than the share price is much higher than the amount of times they limit the downside when max pain is higher than the share price. We saw repeatedly during the sell off week after week where there was no support to get the stock up to a max pain closing price on Friday's. I generally feel that the influence of MM's is very one sided
Sure it's one sided and not just our bias showing?

5 more at 636.51
Annotation 2021-03-24 132038.png

Last edited:
Sure it's one sided and not just our bias showing?

I don't think I have any bias when stating what I did. Throughout 2020, we really only got to see how the MM's affect the stock when it came to capping upside for max pain and that had everything to do with the constant rally in 2020. However, we've had 3 months now of the stock repeatedly not being pushed up to reach max pain and instead continuing to sell off. While on the up weeks, it easily get's capped for max pain again and again. I'm fairly confident that if someone were to take the time to plot out each week's max pain since Jan, it would back up my thoughts. The trading and the action of the MM's are very much back in full force a la 2016-2019.

Last edited: