Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think @Krugerrand is starting to influence my thinking... I'm yawning looking at the drop today. Would be stoked if my powder arrives in time to grab some.
The way I see it is that we are going to hit a point where Wall Street realizes that Tesla has FSD all but solved. I'm not sure when that will happen, or if it will be a fast or slow realization. Either way we will be more than fine.

Last edited:
Not just seatbelts, but also helmets, goggles and oxygen masks.

He went on record saying "better entry points could lie ahead" and "temporary selloffs seem likely" over the next 6 months.

This is actionable stuff.

Sorry but that was a garbage note by that analyst. It's BS to say you're keeping your one year 1200 PT(Which he's had since Jan) while at the same time saying there will be significantly cheaper entry points over the next year. If he puts that much weight into the Cybertruck , which Tesla has already telegraphed as not being in full production until early next year, that it can cause the stock to go significantly down from these THESE levels.....well then I don't put much weight into his analysis at all....even if he is a Bull.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of IBKR/Peterffy either but there aren't any better alternatives for me.
Wish I had some other option too.
Suddenly IB:s "post-expiry margin" started showing really large negative numbers. Got scared and closed all my option positions, at a slight profit.
Weird is that account still shows some initial and maintenance margin. Account now has only Tsla shares and cash.

Reactions: bonk3125
This is currently showing on my yahoo news feed.
F02E4D6A-9CB1-4288-A85F-DF59BA947458.jpeg

Basically Tesla said if you wire your BitCoin to a wrong person, don’t come to us and ask for a car.

And this can make it to news headlines... peak FUD I would say.

I guess the TEN year yield taking a bit of the dive as the day goes on isn't a reason to buy?

^TNX Interactive Stock Chart | Treasury Yield 10 Years Stock - Yahoo Finance

This is a market looking for reasons to go down.

Many of my solars have been cut if half over the past eight weeks. Consider where that industry stands right now. CSIQ just came out with killer earnings and has barely been rewarded.

Still have a bunch of CCs on TSLA, but covered some of them last week, now I am thinking should have held fast.

One would think a killer P and D a week from now could blow TSLA up again. One would think....

Wish I had some other option too.
Suddenly IB:s "post-expiry margin" started showing really large negative numbers. Got scared and closed all my option positions, at a slight profit.
Weird is that account still shows some initial and maintenance margin. Account now has only Tsla shares and cash.

I suggest familiarizing yourself with margin requirements. Even shares have initial and maintenance margin requirements. Interestingly, short-dated naked long options have no requirements. Long-dated options do.

More info here: https://cdn.cboe.com/resources/options/margin_manual_april2000.pdf

Last edited:
So last year they sent out Q1 P&D report on the 2nd which was midweek. 2nd lands on a Friday this year so guessing it will be around then?

Probably. Note that US markets are closed on the 2nd for Good Friday.

This is a market looking for reasons to go down.

Agreed.

I guess we’ll find out if Porsche changes the default to 200kW in the future.
This is a perfect example of other companies being years behind Tesla on this. The sales team pushed the engineering team outside their expertise here. Everyone thinks Porsche charges at 350kW, meanwhile they were at 270 and dropping quietly. Sneaky.

Porsche has said 200kW is optional not 270kW.

Porsche says LG promised 350kW charging capable cells by Taycan launch but only 270kW cells available at launch. Moving forward VW Group will no longer buy LG cells. The rest of the architecture is ready to go.

I can't find a map that filters only 350kW charging stations but their are at least 100 CCS 350kW chargers in the US and another 100+ in Europe. Only hardcore EV nerds knew that Porsche said 350kW was coming. Said nerds would know 270kW is what is available.

Don’t know if this has altready been posted but I just got this on my inbox -

EOQ push is on

View attachment 647589

From a buyers standpoint that is waiting for another Model 3 after rejecting a car last week due to quality issues, there isn't much to choose from for Model 3's in the middle of the Country, seems similar to the end of the 4th quarter... Not sure about the Y's though.

• Helpful
Reactions: elasalle
The way I see it is that we are going to hit a point where Wall Street realizes that Tesla has FSD all but solved. I'm not sure when that will happen, or if it will be a fast or slow realization. Either way we will be more than fine.
For me, the promised expansion of FSD Beta (if it ever comes to pass) has a real downside potential. Maybe Elon should have kept the testing internal and released just carefully screened excerpts. Letting it out in the wild and allowing people to post their own videos of its failings isn't confidence inspiring and that feeds the FUD machine.