Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally bought my first proper LEAP. TSLA C MAR 2023 $600. My last dry powder spent between $700-800, I have long agonized over having to sell shares to fund the purchase, more so when the price is down. But it makes sense. A month ago, TSLA was at $718, and this option would have cost me 45 shares. Now $TSLA at $595 it's 37 shares. If $TSLA goes to $1500 within two years it'll be worth 60 shares. And I'll be well positioned should Tesla exceed Apple's valuation. Looks like a good value bet to me.

Why isn’t TSLA getting lift from potential infrastructure bill? A carbon tax will be a huge lift.
Think simply that a lot of people dont realize how difficult it will be for other manufacturers to transition to EV without massive losses in market share. Somehow they think that Toyota for instance will simply throw a switch to convert sales of 300K Camry's per year from ICE to EV with the same margins. They dont think that consumers once Toyota comes out with a EV Camry that is naturally better then ICE will still purchase ICE version while Toyota ramps up production of EV version.

Tesla are production constrained, so they won't sell any more cars, storage or solar. Competitors, especially those with sub-standard and/or expensive products will benefit.
No, given the competitors still sell a whole lot of ICE cars Tesla should benefit. E.g. with carbon tax, tesla will have a few extra lever. Potential to sell credits, pricing power as ICE cars will be expensive or Tesla becomes eligible for tax rebate.

Reactions: Nocturnal
Apparently TSLA is a stay at home stock. With the economy opening up people want to get out and about, so they won't be spending as much time at home driving their Tesla around the house.
This is how we know that Elon and Cathie are getting directly targeted by hedge funds. Hedgies got pummeled last year by TSLA and ARK funds and are trying to use the last of their Covid leverage (SLR) before it expires on April 1 to blast us as hard as they can - this is their last hurrah. Obviously TSLA ain't a home stock so we should rip up once other hedge funds/family offices start getting margin called (like Archegos) did due to excessive risk/leverage/naked shorting (like they're doing to Gamestop now).

Scary morning when TSLA dipped to $591.01 150 day MA. Our troops are defending as we're back above $600 at $614.18 now! Maybe Cathie and other quiet hedge funds' buy orders are louder than words or FUD news hit pieces!

FTFY. This time it was with some decent volume. So reinforcing that technicals are showing having reached a true bottom.

I see an oral surgeon today. Dentists are my worst fear as I had two sets of permanent teeth for my front 8 upper teeth, so as a 9 yr old they started pulling two permanent teeth every 2 months. Except on the third visit the dentist pulled a wrong tooth. He pulled the second permanent tooth of the last tooth he pulled. And then performed a root canal on it outside my head and then jammed it back up into the socket... So I sorta have a right to be afraid of ALL dentists.
So the good part.... the news broke last night about the Tesla/Toyota deal. I went to bed morose over having to see an oral surgeon today, and yet was able to shift my thoughts to TSLA rising in value. And even though it didn't happen it did get me to sleep some (I won't go further and tell you the dreams I had..well my two man baseball team beat Bo Jackson's was one of them).
So 1:30PM Eastern time I am in the chair. If the stock goes up it was me...I know it is the opposite end of the digestive tract, but still...and this is only a consult but I expect a very negative diagnosis (Not cancer just an implant), and my BP is already elevated.
Perhaps when they do the extraction I can get a bump for the team.