Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very unusual for me, but my timing was pretty good this morning. In for 11 more at $598. I'm at the stage where I'm selling off other stock that I thought I would be holding onto forever.

Volume today looks interesting. Each of the three sharp increases in SP starting around 10:40 EDT are on heavy volume. Could those be ARK purchases?

EDIT: time fixed.

Last edited:
For reference, just 10% of Toyota's annual production is close to 1 million vehicles. If all of those Tesla+Toyota vehicles are equipped with Autopilot sensors and compute, that could significantly increase Tesla's lead in collecting data for Autopilot and also grow the fleet for deploying robotaxis (as well as any future OS/software entertainment that could be future revenue streams).
Hm... if Toyota would both agree that the data is owned by Tesla and pay licensing fee for AP/FSD then maybe...
AFAIK data ownership was one of two key reason Tesla parted ways with mobileye ~5 years ago. That and also speed of innovation.

Very unusual for me, but my timing was pretty good this morning. In for 11 more at $598. I'm at the stage where I'm selling off other stock that I thought I would be holding onto forever.

Volume today looks interesting. Each of the three sharp increases in SP starting around 1:40 EDT are on heavy volume. Could those be ARK purchases?
You mean 10:40 ET?

BTW Tesla wouldn't be selling FSD hardware to Toyota is my guess. They will provide it for free and it'll be the customer that pays Tesla a subscription. Toyota or other cars can be the smart tv, Tesla fsd is the Netflix.
! That is really clever!
If Elon and Tesla can get Toyota to accept this that would brilliant. Redefines the customer relationship.
But... Toyota must be desperate to accept this?
If yes, then Toyota is reduced to being 'metal-box-with-wheels'/bamboo PC maker, whereas Tesla will be both Microsoft and Intel in this metaphor.
Toyota will survive and Elon will be gracious about it, and praise Japanese engineering. But have no doubt: This will effectually end Toyota, and in reality transform them into a Tesla subcontractor.

I’m not a technical expert, but I like what I see...looking for input.

If we can hold above this $590 area, where it bounced hard against the headwinds of neg. macros; that seems like a strong new resistance.

Feels like we can reverse this bear trend without retesting $550. Higher low on the 30 day chart looks nice to me

Attachments

• 756E8DC0-5F2E-4822-B6F9-5730779A62AD.jpeg
    756E8DC0-5F2E-4822-B6F9-5730779A62AD.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 83
I think TSLA will crest 650 by (Edit: Thursday) on small FOMO, then do the usual dump for a day or two while people digest it. This will mARK the beginning of serious FOMO, anticipating earnings with new and improved MARGINS from castings, tabless cells, software, FSD, solar roof, increased volume, and maybe even more green news from Washington to spur more jobs in green tech.

Then Rob will give us the real scoop and we're back to 750. And Dave will bring on yet another Teslanaire Guru, and we're well on our way to $901 in Q2!

We're gonna look back and say... "Wow, all the signs were there."

Last edited:
I think TSLA will crest 650 by Friday on small FOMO, then do the usual dump for a day or two while people digest it. This will mARK the beginning of serious FOMO, anticipating earnings with new and improved MARGINS from castings, tabless cells, software, FSD, solar roof, increased volume, and maybe even more green news from Washington to spur more jobs in green tech.

Then Rob will give us the real scoop and we're back to 750. And Dave will bring on yet another Teslanaire Guru, and we're well on our way to $901 in Q2!

We're gonna look back and say... "Wow, all the signs were there."
Markets closed this Friday for Good Friday...hopefully, it'll be good for $TSLA :)

Automotive News - this morning: Tesla Sues Rivian

Excerpt:

Tesla Inc. can move forward with a lawsuit claiming that Rivian Automotive Inc. stole its trade secrets with the help of former employees of the electric car maker.

In a tentative ruling Monday, Santa Clara, Calif., Superior Court Judge William Monahan declined Rivian’s request to throw out a misappropriation of trade secrets claim. Monahan agreed to dismiss Rivian’s intentional interference in contract claim, saying the trade secrets part covered that.

The judge also declined to dismiss Tesla’s claims against seven of its former employees, all of whom the carmaker accuses of divulging trade secrets when they went to work for the rival startup.

Automotive News - this morning: Tesla Sues Rivian

Excerpt:

Tesla Inc. can move forward with a lawsuit claiming that Rivian Automotive Inc. stole its trade secrets with the help of former employees of the electric car maker.

In a tentative ruling Monday, Santa Clara, Calif., Superior Court Judge William Monahan declined Rivian’s request to throw out a misappropriation of trade secrets claim. Monahan agreed to dismiss Rivian’s intentional interference in contract claim, saying the trade secrets part covered that.

The judge also declined to dismiss Tesla’s claims against seven of its former employees, all of whom the carmaker accuses of divulging trade secrets when they went to work for the rival startup.
Couldn't find any details. Maybe others have had better luck?

Reactions: dc_h
I’m not a technical expert, but I like what I see...looking for input.

If we can hold above this $590 area, where it bounced hard against the headwinds of neg. macros; that seems like a strong new resistance.

Feels like we can reverse this bear trend without retesting $550. Higher low on the 30 day chart looks nice to me
Indeed. The 150-day TSLA simple moving average has proven to be a "support" level several times this month. It's currently near $593. That's strong technical evidence for a bottom being laid. BTW, the technical term "resistance" refers to a level at a top that is difficult to breach and get above.

I disagree.

Tesla could make its current Autopilot and active safety features along with its car software into a compelling software and electronics package. No FSD, but everything else.

Toyota or any other car company can license this from Tesla, make some tweaks here and there as they see fit (like a phone company customizing android) and create their own version or use it as it is. Right now they have to work with a different supplier for almost every feature and it does not work well..

For OTA updates that can solve problems, there must be a central car operating system that connects everything. Right now legacy auto is far from this. They have hundreds of closed-source microcontrollers from different manufacturers. That is why VW abandoned MEB platform already and is working on a new central-software based platform like Tesla. It will take years to develop, billions in investment and results are unknown. Perhaps it will be better and cheaper just the license it from Tesla for many other companies.
With software, anything is possible and Tesla could put effort into making FSD license ready, however it won't be high enough priority to make the cut line. Those engineers will always have something better to work on that is inline with the mission.

For OTA, the same applies and even more so as it requires so much engineering it becomes intractable.

• Helpful
Reactions: mblakele
Braced for 20@580 this morning (first try since September) but no joy, I am sure it will not be another opportunity to hope for that...

Disclaimer, new avatar: I have not been, and will never be, «Cat», but this particular cat (notice lower case c) kept us companied for nearly 20 years so she is high up there in our esteem. If anyone (e.g. any Cat in particular) would disagree on the choice please vent...!