Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like you man...and your line of reasoning is sound...however it could be that he likes hanging around young beautiful woman...I know I do.

They just don't like hanging around me.

It's normal to like hanging around beautiful young women. But it depends upon what your definition of "beauty" is.

If I know Elon, he gets no pleasure from being around ignorance. It's not beautiful when a young person puts so much emphasis on appearances they don't even bother to learn about the world around them because they think their face and body is all they need. This does not empower them as an individual and it does nothing to further humanities goals and aspirations. You would think a pageant with the aspirational name of "Miss Universe" could aspire to more than what we have seen in recent decades. The pageants are so sexist it's disgusting. Reform is mandatory because they are not going away.

Maybe the only thing that lends credence to this tweet is that TroyTeslike on Twitter found the inferred numbers to be unplausible.

LMAO! side-burn Troy... :p

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Cheers!

Disagree. That doesn't translate into Tesla sales, it only adds controversy and alienates the group that has actually made Tesla possible. This isn't "mainstream" Republicans, but the weird alt-right Qanon crowd that this stuff appeals to. If he wanted to expand sales away from the liberal/climate change crowd he should speak more about foreign oil, war, energy independence vs "red pills".

If Elon is doing this to improve beauty pageants then he isn't as intelligent as I think. The future female STEM leaders aren't going to say "oh, well I wanted to be an engineer, but now I'll join Ms. America!" Elon isn't perfect by a long shot. If he takes a dump we don't need to ascribe noble intentions to it.

Being on the Board of the pageant gives Elon the ability to sway the other board members. We will have to wait and see if he has enough influence to effectively reform the pageant. Because there is nothing inherently wrong with celebrating human beauty, as long as it's not done to the exclusion of all the qualities that make humans beautiful. Currently, I think beauty pageants demean women and need to be radically reformed.

Last edited:
Reactions: gene
Elon wants to empower young women and bring beauty pageants into the modern era.

We should have a quarterly contest to see what's the most ridiculous thing you could spin into an "Elon is amazing" comment. You've had a lot, but so far this is tops for me.

Unless this is an April Fools thing?

That.....................makes zero sense (Troy's explanation).

We'll see in a day or two who's right

Edit: The only part that I could see Troy's source talking about Y and refreshed S/X being part of the email is this line - "We delivered our first cars in Israel and secured thousands of orders since market launch". The rest of the email clearly is talking about actual quarterly sales......which Tesla has always referred to as actual sales....as in to the customer.

Last edited:
It's normal to like hanging around beautiful young women. But it depends upon what your definition of "beauty" is.

If I know Elon, he gets no pleasure from being around ignorance. It's not beautiful when a young person puts so much emphasis on appearances they don't even bother to learn about the world around them because they think their face and body is all they need. This does not empower them as an individual and it does nothing to further humanities goals and aspirations. You would think a pageant with the aspirational name of "Miss Universe" could aspire to more than what we have seen in recent decades. The pageants are so sexist it's disgusting. Reform is mandatory because they are not going away.
Wasn’t Elon’s mother modeling for a living .

I'm still trying to determine what level of lying, or trickery, or deception, or poor planning, or poor coordination, or poor judgment, or WHAT...

...was that VW name fiasco.

I'm leaning toward the thought that it was deliberate, and then upon learning of the jokes it engendered, VW backpedaled and claimed it was an April Fool's joke.

A TWO-day early joke. Right, sure. One that, given his formal, public response, the President of VW USA swallowed hook, line and sinker.

And I'm finding it just wondrous - 'tho no surprise - that to it the so-fast-to-jump-on-Mr Musk SEC has responded not one picometer.

I've nothing but disgust to distribute all around.

Last edited:
It makes sense to me. The leaked email speaks separately about sales (which is what 2X'd) and deliveries.

Yup I just edited my post with more thoughts. In Troy's tweet, he makes it comes off as Tesla is factoring in Y and refreshed S/X into the 2X our sales/15% QoQ growth part of the email which is not how Tesla recognizes sales at all

I don't buy Troy's explanation. I have worked as the Divisional CFO at a couple of Fortune 50 companies and senior management never confuses "sales" with "orders". When the email states that they doubled their sales vs Q1 2020, they mean deliveries/sales not orders.

Now an important fact is that this is the EMEA region: Europe, Middle East and Asia and I am not sure whether Tesla includes China within this Region. Many companies keep the US, Japan and China out of regional reporting and treat them as a region onto themselves for reporting purposes because of their size.

Edit: I see others have made similar comments

I'm still trying to determine what level of lying, or trickery, or deception, or poor planning, or poor coordination, or poor judgment, or WHAT...

...was that VW name fiasco.

I'm leaning toward the thought that it was deliberate, and then upon learning of the jokes it engendered, VW backpedaled and claimed it was an April Fool's joke.

A TWO-day early joke. Right, sure. That, given his formal, public response, the President of VW USA swallowed hook, line and sinker.

And I'm finding it just wondrous - 'tho no surprise - that to it the so-fast-to-jump-on-Mr Musk SEC has responded not one picometer.

I've nothing but disgust to distribute all around.

heard some VW exec on the radio yesterday saying it clearly was a joke because they didn't copyright the new name.

I think he has a point, If it was real you'd expect URLs to be registered, copyrights claimed, and such.

voltswagen...com (intentionally unlinked to avoid letting unsavvy users click)

is a landing page clearly held by some ad ridden scummy host for a decade now.

I don't buy Troy's explanation. I have worked as the Divisional CFO at a couple of Fortune 50 companies and senior management never confuses "sales" with "orders". When the email states that they doubled their sales vs Q1 2020, they mean deliveries/sales not orders.

Now an important fact is that this is the EMEA region: Europe, Middle East and Asia and I am not sure whether Tesla includes China within this Region. Many companies keep the US, Japan and China out of regional reporting and treat them as a region onto themselves for reporting purposes because of their size.

Edit: I see others have made similar comments
EMEA = Europe, Middle East and Africa

Does anyone under the age of 50 or so really care about those old fashioned ideas of luxury anyway? Millennials and Gen-x (and newer) don't care about owning fine china and I doubt most of us care about some rare wood being inlaid into the dash. We buy Apple watches rather than Rolexes.

Disagree. That doesn't translate into Tesla sales, it only adds controversy and alienates the group that has actually made Tesla possible. This isn't "mainstream" Republicans, but the weird alt-right Qanon crowd that this stuff appeals to. If he wanted to expand sales away from the liberal/climate change crowd he should speak more about foreign oil, war, energy independence vs "red pills".

If Elon is doing this to improve beauty pageants then he isn't as intelligent as I think. The future female STEM leaders aren't going to say "oh, well I wanted to be an engineer, but now I'll join Ms. America!" Elon isn't perfect by a long shot. If he takes a dump we don't need to ascribe noble intentions to it.
I wish I could give both a like and dislike to this post....