Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would put money on earnings being on 4/20. No way Elon passes up that opportunity. Zach's gonna be working overtime for the next week and a half
I won't say the numbers 🤫, but someone asked how we could get out of this $690 range. I said that April 20th was our best bet.

the volume is puzzling to me and quite shocking.
The most likely situation is that 90%+ of a typical day's trading volume is done by HFT's algos/robots. There is so much noise it's impossible to know in anything close to realtime how much actual transfer of equity is occurring.

Even large institutional investors only have to report their holdings once per quarter, and that with a 45 day lag after EoQ. TSLA can move +/-50% or more in a quarter (and does so routinely).

Best to be more like Ron Baron than the Robber Barons.

TL;dr HODL

Cheers!

While I have seen no sources in support of it TSLA bulls on Twitter are content to believe that the sighted, refreshed Model S clearly produced this quarter are all missing some easily added component. This would explain why Q1 formally saw no Model S production in spite of Model S being factory gated and would also imply that Model S production actually is ongoing.
If it’s ongoing, where are they storing all these cars?

I'm convinced it's a steering wheel issue. There has been only a few cars seen with a yoke steering wheel in the wild. Remember, all the cars were sold as having a yoke steering wheel. That means they can't just ship regular steering wheels for awhile. That would need for every buyer to agree to that change.

Could be a production or regulatory problem. At this point I'm guessing Elon would have had a fit on twitter if it was regulatory though.
It has to be something like that. Elon said on the Q4 call in January that cars would start shipping “next month”. Then “next month” came and the month after and still radio silence. It’s very strange.

Reactions: Andy O
That was a truly disappointing MMD. It's like their hearts are just not in it.
and I have a buy order for 4 more at $679.84... Well, maybe another day this week.

BTW, I read somewhere that another 5:1 stock dividend is imminent
/s
Yes, I was planning to buy my way to my share goal, but that rumored imminent 5:1 stock split is a much easier way. Thanks.

Great video about Tesla tax credits. As predicted, by everyone except GJ, tax credits seem to be increasing; not decreasing!

I attached a screenshot of the take away points.

However, my personal key point is that the amount of income from Tesla selling credits is increasing due to economies of scale.

Just as we see margins increasing with higher production; so too, will we see growth in reg. credit sales, in spite of decreasing number ($value) of credits per vehicle. Reg. Credit sales could become more meaningful to TSLA’s bottom line, not less

60AD99DB-ADE2-4D66-865E-13D3E8CA06C5.png

I wonder if the FSD beta buzz has increased take rate on new or existing vehicles.

I feel as long as FSD costs $10K the take rate will be extremely low. It's just too big an adder for most people.

However, once they migrate FSD to a subscription model it will be more palpable for consumers expense wise. FSD take rate will likely increase substantially after that, and Musk has stated the subscription model is coming soon too.