Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone from Tesla probably drove it over

Elon giving a speech earlier!

EzD_J6BVgAEvQX6
That haircut.

That was none other than Elon himself driving it.

Model Y in limited production at Giga Texas AND Giga Berlin this year, volume production 2022, per Elon Musk

TSLA.Cybtrk.My.TX.Berlin.jpg

Probably also checking in on the Lithium mining / LiOH progress nearby - these may well be revolutionary as it would be the first time any company would integrate vertically Li mining/ refining AND Lithium Hydroxide production which is the end product needed for battery production.
From The Limiting Factor which has a very well informed /detailed series on battery tech - summary starting at 20:30 if you want to skip the details on how even tho all elements are known, by vertically integrating them, Tesla would save time and money on many steps, including transportation.

1618542418101.png

Last edited:
I'm not so sure that's black trim. If it is, I think you can definitively say this is a refresh. Also, rear spoiler on the refresh looks the same to me per photos on the website - I don't think they've changed the design. The fact that it looks like the vehicle in the video has a wickerbill is, I think, a trick of the light / low-resolution.

I am curious if @gabeincal can pull up his 4K source files and see if this vehicle has black trim, though.

View attachment 652983

How dis? :p

snapshot.refreshPlaidX.2021-04-15.png

Today's video from Jeff has 3 noteworthy events: (1) The first concrete panels were installed on the north wall of the paint shop, (2) the second IDRA giga press is loaded into the casting area and (3) the warp speed buildout of the battery assembly area is just stunning. This began last Thursday.

Start at 9:00 and it's only a 4 1/2 min watch at 2x speed.

Sorry, not watching any videos without cybertrucks now.

Japan bets on hydrogen to lift its ambitious carbon-neutral plans

The idea is to use the power from brown coal, considered so dirty that even Australia’s coal-heavy energy grid is gradually moving away from it, to electrolyze water into its components: hydrogen and oxygen. 
The hydrogen will then be liquefied by cooling it to minus-423 degrees and transported on specially built supertankers to a new unloading and storage terminal in the Port of Kobe.
From there it can be used to fuel power plants, transport and industry in Japan.

🤮🤮🤮

Last edited:

The idea is to use the power from brown coal, considered so dirty that even Australia’s coal-heavy energy grid is gradually moving away from it, to electrolyze water into its components: hydrogen and oxygen. 
The hydrogen will then be liquefied by cooling it to minus-423 degrees and transported on specially built supertankers to a new unloading and storage terminal in the Port of Kobe.
From there it can be used to fuel power plants, transport and industry in Japan.

🤮🤮🤮

That's only carbon neutral if the wreck happened outside of the environment.

🤮🤮🤮

That is an incredibly stupid idea.
A very useful website has been made to prove this: waterstofgate.nl (waterstof is Dutch for hydrogen).
This website has simple calculations of many businesscases, one of them being the production of hydrogen for Japan from Australian brown coal.
With the help of Google translate this website is easily accessible for other languages (direct link to this businesscase).
Conclusion: "Due to the production of hydrogen from lignite and transport to Japan, the emissions of a Toyota Mirai per km come to 945 grams of CO2 per km. The CO2 emissions allowed for passenger cars in The Netherlands are 95 grams per km."

Last edited:
and in the perpetual losers category, we have this headline from Reuters...

"Investor Einhorn says Palihapitiya, Musk poured 'jet fuel' on GameStop"

[No I will not link to it. Yes, he is doing poorly. Of course, he blames others]

That's true. Musk did pour jet fuel on GameStop.

But only because he didn't want to waste perfectly good rocket fuel when he knew jet fuel would work equally well.

🤮🤮🤮

They have got everything wrong.

1. The cheapest way to make hydrogen will be via wind and solar. Hydrogen is a good fit for a RE overbuild which in turn reduces the amount of storage needed. If hydrogen production is a demand load, it can get electricity at cheap prices. Siemens has an electrolyser which ramps up in Milliseconds, specifically for this purpose.

2. The easy was to transport hydrogen is to convert it in Ammonia, my understanding is that then common Ammonia or LNG transports can be used. People are still working on the best way to convert Ammonia back into hydrogen.

3. Japan should look at offshore wind or wave power to supplement their land based wind and solar generation. They have significant marine territories..

My conclusion - Gordon has has new job. :)

🤮🤮🤮
Japan can figure out the easy way or the hard way that there is no economically or environmentally sustainable future for large-scale hydrogen general transportation. Let's see which way they choose. They still haven't chosen a path that takes them to a population which doesn't collapse by 2050, so maybe this isn't that important anyways in the grand scheme of things.