Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Makes Hyundai’s acquisition of Boston Dynamics slightly annoying.
Yeah, maybe.
I always found the shifting ownership of Boston Dynamics to be weird. The have been sold and re-sold a lot.
Seemed a good fit for google/alphabet, but ... I guess not. I would speculate that it might have something to do with their products being either designed or very suitable for military use (i.e. the 'horse' robot) being bad PR.
Saw a recent BD video (forgot which). Their robots are very cool, but the programming API seemed entirely traditional (No AI, or inverse kinematics)

People are still working on the best way to convert Ammonia back into hydrogen.

Disappointing recent scientific results from M-labs have proven that the only way is by mixing ammonia with brown coal...

595f0-bbmachine.jpg

Meep meep meep.

Last edited:
OT... I literally HATED the CT on release. I spit on the ground in disgust for the horrific design. That strong opinion started to change weeks/months later as I learned the hard angles were influenced by the material choices...Today, I see these images and LOVE it. I think It’s so bad ass! Many just think it has a bad ass. It’s polarizing for sure. I’ve got 3 CT orders, so I guess you could say it grew on me!

The competition keeps on raising money while Tesla getting $ from selling FSD. The later has advantages of not having distractions from its investors.

Tesla reduced the price of TM3 SR+ from NOK 400,000 to NOK 350,000 today.

So now you can get a TM3 for about $41,875 in Norway.

This happened the day after Polestar reduced it's price down NOK 80,000 to NOK 389,000. Tesla do not sell many SR+ cars in Norway at all.

You can read more about this and compare the pricing with other popular EVs here - in Norwegian: Tek.no - Tester, guider, teknologi

Edit: Another nugget - if you order a SR+ now in Norway you get a Made in China model but with Lithium batteries - not LFP. According to one potential buyer who spoke with Tesla Norway.

Last edited:
Discussions about the feasibility of FSD have a tendency to go off into the weeds. It happens almost every weekend and also yesterday/today. FSD is an important part of Tesla's future, but the technical back and forth is exhausting for many. Time for a dedicated thread: Feasibility of FSD (incl. AI and Dojo). I moved 28 posts there (and apologize if some slightly related posts got trapped too).

Tesla reduced the price of TM3 SR+ from NOK 400,000 to NOK 350,000 today.

So now you can get a TM3 for about $41,875 in Norway.

This happened the day after Polestar reduced it's price down NOK 80,000 to NOK 389,000. Tesla do not sell many SR+ cars in Norway at all.

You can read more about this and compare the pricing with other popular EVs here - in Norwegian: Tek.no - Tester, guider, teknologi

Edit: Another nugget - if you order a SR+ now in Norway you get a Made in China model but with Lithium batteries - not LFP. According to one potential buyer who spoke with Tesla Norway.
Price drops is Australia SR+ and LR $4,000 AUD, performance $1,000.

Guys, I need help.
A guy I work and train with is getting stressed out by ARK daily trading reports and thinks TSLA is not worth much because ARK sold some TSLA 2 days ago at peak and bought Coinbase yesterday.
He is watching stocks price everyday and think he should sell his ARKK because Tesla is overvalued and that it won’t go up for 1 year. He is listening to the day trading whatsapp group of his friend who knows a trader and says the Chinese EVs will take over and he should take profit because TSLA will crash because of the Chinese EVs.

I see these 2 guys being absorbed by FUD and they believe it like religion and they seem to start being unreasonable. His whatsapp day trading friend is now anti-vaxxer because he says the companies just make money out of it and he thinks it’s like the flu vaccine, the only time he got the flu is the only year he took the vaccine.

I feel like it is a hopeless battle, people are getting more and more unreasonable.

Well, there goes almost 1% of the revenue I was counting on! Dang! I hope I can still put food on my family... :oops:
If you couldn't tell I'm not worried about it. :) To me it means that individual/small time fleets will be fine because we are closer to the cars. If Tesla wants large fleets that's the issue. Just something that could be improved upon.

Guys, I need help.
A guy I work and train with is getting stressed out by ARK daily trading reports and thinks TSLA is not worth much because ARK sold some TSLA 2 days ago at peak and bought Coinbase yesterday.
He is watching stocks price everyday and think he should sell his ARKK because Tesla is overvalued and that it won’t go up for 1 year. He is listening to the day trading whatsapp group of his friend who knows a trader and says the Chinese EVs will take over and he should take profit because TSLA will crash because of the Chinese EVs.

I see these 2 guys being absorbed by FUD and they believe it like religion and they seem to start being unreasonable. His whatsapp day trading friend is now anti-vaxxer because he says the companies just make money out of it and he thinks it’s like the flu vaccine, the only time he got the flu is the only year he took the vaccine.

I feel like it is a hopeless battle, people are getting more and more unreasonable.
Tell him that you know many investors ;) here who disagree, and that several of them probably clear in a month what that mysterious "trader" makes in a year or more.

That group sounds toxic. Far more toxic than Tesla fans even. There probably isn't much you can do and he will make an expensive mistake.

Guys, I need help.

Find someone else to train with.

Guys, I need help.

You don't need help. That guy needs help.

These are all great applications of a best in class AI supercomputer/ NN training machine - but in my opinion, from a revenues POV I think the more immediate and profitable outcome to look forward to is the fact that Tesla will open their Dojo computer to anyone, aka Dojo Web Service (DWS) - in case you forgot, Amazon didn't have much profits UNTIL AWS (Amazon Web Services) launched, and is now powering the infrastructure of a lot of website engines. And has been the top target of Microsoft/ IBM/ Oracle etc ever since.

View attachment 654078

DWS (Dojo Web Services) as a cash machine - it is already 98% built*, as Elon mentioned all it needs is working out the bugs, then of course setting up the infrastructure for letting others rent time on Dojo. Just imagine the military applications (sorry, a bit out of line with Tesla's mission), precision targeting of enemy aircraft/ tanks, pharma drug research - the Nurburgring equivalent would be pitching Dojo vs AlphaGo

*the fact that FSD hasn't been solved to the 99.999999% degree is not relevant to the DWS launch, BTW

View attachment 654079

AI day.
Hope 4680's are in products by then so that Battery Day objectives have materialized into real life.
Can FSD be complete by then? Else AI day more like a recruiting event for AI engineers to work at Tesla? ( & day for incumbents to copy the power point slides ;) )

Guys, I need help.

The problem you face is people are stupid.
The "don't confuse me with the fact's my mind is made up" crowd can be almost impossible to reach.

I suggest presenting the fact's and moving on.
Wasting energy on some..(well most people like that)... is a good way to make your own life miserable.