Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Being a TSLA shareholder, I don't care if the first generation of Cybertruck buyers are going to be posers. But they are going to be posers.
Easy to spot:

1.) Never towed anything.
2.) Heaviest load is an IKEA bookshelf or Costco TV.
3.) Parks their CT in a garage instead of outside like every single other truck owner.

Lastly, they do not buy monstrosities like this "CyberCamper". Campers are shaped the way they are because you need to maximize utility and not aero.

Tow a travel trailer like any respectable adventurer would. 🤣
If it is a boat they will not be posers.

Closing SP needed for latest tranche?
Lasted tranche too (12th and final Mkt Cap hurdle). Now Tesla only needs to achieve the Optional Milestones before the remaining tranches are certified.

I think those milestone will be reached in the first quarter where Tesla sells 400K cars (1.6M annualized). At the current pace of Gigafactory construction, I fully expect that NLT 2022-H2.

The good news is that the GAAP expense for 2018 Elon's CEO Performance Plan will gradually diminish until it's gone (over the next 4-5 qtrs is my est'd). Then its pure gravy for Tesla as we hit 2M in 2022 then 3M annual production in 2023.

I expect Model 2 will be a 5M/yr world-wide product (localized for 3 continents) by 2024/5. Those LFP btys are gonna be strong like bull; cheap like borscht.

Cheers!

Being a TSLA shareholder, I don't care if the first generation of Cybertruck buyers are going to be posers. But they are going to be posers.
Easy to spot:

3.) Parks their CT in a garage instead of outside like every single other truck owner.

Lastly, they do not buy monstrosities like this "CyberCamper". Campers are shaped the way they are because you need to maximize utility and not aero.

I'm interested in that camper (I want the freedom of movement), but I'm definitely putting the truck to work. Track, mud, pulling crap etc. I just wish I could get a boring flamethrower and add it to a gunrack.

Lasted tranche too (12th and final Mkt Cap hurdle). Now Tesla only needs to achieve the Optional Milestones before the remaining tranches are certified.

I think those milestone will be reached in the first quarter where Tesla sells 400K cars (1.6M annualized). At the current pace of Gigafactory construction, I fully expect that NLT 2022-H2.

The good news is that the GAAP expense for 2018 Elon's CEO Performance Plan will gradually diminish until it's gone (over the next 4-5 qtrs is my est'd). Then its pure gravy for Tesla as we hit 2M in 2022 then 3M annual production in 2023.

I expect Model 2 will be a 5M/yr world-wide product (localized for 3 continents) by 2024/5. Those LFP btys are gonna be strong like bull; cheap like borscht.

Cheers!
So what do I win? Any real size of these will be fine:

Attachments

• PXL_20210430_214535736.jpg
    PXL_20210430_214535736.jpg
    656.8 KB · Views: 65
Easy to spot:

Real adventures go where a trailer won’t fit.
Good to see the price finally go back up a bit, sucked to see the drop after such a good earnings report, sucked even more that I had no powder for the big dip..

New Street Research analyst Pierre Ferragu tweeted out Thursday that STMicroelectronics (STM) believes its revenues from sales of silicon carbide will hit $550 million in 2021

In the filing, Black noted, Tesla’s board of directors said it is “probable” that Tesla’s annualized sales will hit $55 billion, a milestone that would trigger the grant of stock options to CEO Elon Musk.

Wall Street analysts believe Tesla’s 2021 sales will be less than $50 billion, so a figure of $55 billion would be a second enormous surprise for investors.
As i understand it, annualized merely means a single quarter hits $13.75B not that the year hits $55B. However I just looked at the tranches and it seemed to just specify a revenue of $55B without the term annualized. I wonder if Pierre added that unintentionally, or if that’s the actual benchmark?

Last edited:
This is a question about stock price and FSD performance.

My view is:
  1. they are solving a hard problem
  2. there will be setbacks
  3. the problem needs to be solved
  4. many many lives are saved per day when it is solved
  5. dawdling cost more lives than driving to a fast solution.
Time is of the essence as the human cost of delay is about 100 per day in the US alone.

Note: there is a standard rule that product introduction delay results in lost revenue with the equation that one day of delay equates to the loss of one day of revenue at mature demand. As the product acceptance ramp just slides to the right (see diagram).

For the FSD case, use the daily carnage rate of automobile accidents. There is loss of life and loss of limb.

Dawdling is not the answer. Tesla needs to solve this quickly. The human cost of delay is unconscionable. The cost in the US is 90 human deaths a day.
Cost of Delay.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a question about stock price and FSD performance.

My view is:
  1. they are solving a hard problem
  2. there will be setbacks
  3. the problem needs to be solved
  4. many many lives are saved per day when it is solved
  5. dawdling cost more lives than driven to a fast solution.
Time is of the essence as the human cost of delay is about 100 per day in the US alone.

Note: there is a standard rule that product introduction delay results in lost revenue with the equation that one day of delay equates to the loss of one day of revenue at mature demand. As the product acceptance ramp just slides to the right (see diagram).

For the FSD case, use the daily carnage rate of automobile accidents. There is loss of life and loss of limb.

Dawdling is not the answer. Tesla needs to solve this quickly. The human cost of delay is unconscionable. The cost in the US is 90 human deaths a day.
View attachment 658502
Disagree, Tesla teams are extremely driven people who’s working for the cause, they’re already working hard and not wasting any time, no need to rush to meet any self-imposed deadline or anything, quality and safety is the first priority.

Let’s say if they rush to release and missed an edge case, the media smear campaign and following hesitation from public to adopt the new paradigm would create more delays and losses.

So what do I win? Any real size of these will be fine:
@Artful Dodger: Life size Christmas tree would be the easy way out. 🎄😂

I assume that the subscription option in the portal is for "Premium connectivity" but I think it could be used for FSD in the near future as well. 🤔
1619822358283.png

I always like ending the week on an upward trend. 🌙

Edit: (Whoever said that 4/30 $1350 call forgot to put "not advice" 🙃😭:p)