Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
England or Bust!

Screenshot_20210430-121353.png

There is zero evidence there was third occupant. What are you talking about? The car crashed in a thicket of trees and the two occupants couldn't get out. One of them ended up in the backseat. Nothing needs explaining here. The investigating cop claiming 100% certainty was either an idiot or corrupt.

Why is this so difficult?
Because the BiL “witness” said he may have seen the driver crawl or get in the back. What kind of wacko statement is that if the truth is he drove off fast into a tree? Take away the witness statement and I agree with you.

Also I have known of several drunk driving incidents personally where the driver fled the scene, one in HS where the boyfriend left his girlfriend (she was in my class) to bleed out and die so he could call someone to pick him up instead of an ambulance.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: StealthP3D
Is this true?

"None of this is to say that Tesla can't be successful in a world where it faces more competition. But turning a profit is is going to get harder with each passing year."

State of the art factories in all major markets with product standardization a factor of 3 times better than most competitors, lower cost distribution that scales better, no mixed signals from the distribution network...

it seems like turning a profit would be easier with each passing year if your architecture scales at fundamentally lower cost.
I might be overly bullish, but in my opinion is the competition is never coming. Sure everyone may make electric cars in 10 years, but as far as the overall company Tesla is becoming, there will be no competition.

It's the 50 day ema
I get the feeling the vibe of this place recently is a direct match for whatever's happening with TSLA and the markets in general. No one knows which way to go and we're pretty much at a point where that decision needs to be made. Super uncomfortable and not surprised by wild moves in either direction.

TSLA 1Q deliveries, and to a lesser degree earnings, puts a LOT more certainty into everyone's 2021/22 modeling.
AMZN/GOOG/AAPL/etc are just crushing it with no end in sight.
Valuations are so high it's hard for rational minds to push these names even higher, but the market is telling them they must since there's no better place for their money.
Biden's about to pour 100 gallons of gasoline on the fire.

The sell-in-May-and-go-away crowd is going to push us higher I think. Which end do you wanna be on when you get back from the Hamptons in mid-September in a cocaine-fueled daze? No one wants to see TSLA@$1100 or AMZN up another 13%, and those scenarios are looking more and more likely. Lots of people on the sidelines since all the Hwang madness will need to leap in May or be OK with the consequences.

For us, keeping an eye on these "chart levels" may turn out to be pretty huge the next couple weeks. $520 or $1200 are both completely possible this summer.

Is this true?

"None of this is to say that Tesla can't be successful in a world where it faces more competition. But turning a profit is is going to get harder with each passing year."

State of the art factories in all major markets with product standardization a factor of 3 times better than most competitors, lower cost distribution that scales better, no mixed signals from the distribution network...

it seems like turning a profit would be easier with each passing year if your architecture scales at fundamentally lower cost.
Oh these articles where writers simply cant do simple math. How can they ignore or at least throw out a question they should try to answer themselves. "How come Tesla profit is so low when Tesla auto sale margins after credits are over 20%?" Then if they actually explored that they would see that profitability on autos isnt an issue at all for Tesla. It is other business lines and one time or short term charges that bring the overall profits down where people can say if not for credit sales and Bitcoin then Tesla wouldnt be profitable.

1. Never once did I complain about a cheap new subscription will make me personally angry(no idea why you keep insisting that the cheap new subscription fees or any price changes from Tesla affects me personally). I am only arguing in the perspective of the company's image.

2. I bring up the high possibility of public outcry due to historical data.

3. Due to Elon's constant promise of buying FSD today is the best value and the subscription would be a bad value, people will consider a bait and switch if he flip flops on this.

The root of the public outcry will be because of #3. Please understand this point and move on. You need to separate how you feel about me and what I am trying to say.
#3 SOME people. Some is not everyone. Some is not even a majority. You have a habit of believing everyone thinks like you do. They do not. I pointed that out to you.

I’ve been hearing this argument for years now. It just never amounts to anything more than a hill of beans.

Tesla will do what they always do, what they think is best in the moment for the mission and then make necessary changes as needed.

I might be overly bullish, but in my opinion is the competition is never coming. Sure everyone may make electric cars in 10 years, but as far as the overall company Tesla is becoming, there will be no competition.

Competition is coming but profitable competition isn't. Imagine being the pricing manager at a legacy automaker right now. What a job that is, having to make decisions like: "Do we sell our fancy new EV at a loss, or an even bigger loss?" Tesla have been in this game for more than a decade longer than the other guys and that experience puts them in another league. The growth in revenue and profitability of this company is unmatched. The rest aren't close. The market cap of Tesla in comparison to the competitors shows that the market isn't so daft after all.

Is this true?

If you see anyone and I mean anyone, using GAAP profits for Tesla and NOT mentioning Elon's pay package....
BINGO.....and that's why all Wall Street Analysts use Non-GAAP EPS when putting forth their Estimates each quarter as they exclude the CEO Award and other Stock Compensation (as these charges are non-cash).

#3 SOME people. Some is not everyone. Some is not even a majority. You have a habit of believing everyone thinks like you do. They do not. I pointed that out to you.

I’ve been hearing this argument for years now. It just never amounts to anything more than a hill of beans.

Tesla will do what they always do, what they think is best in the moment for the mission and then make necessary changes as needed.
Maybe I hang out at teslamotors subreddit too much. The sentiment there when it comes to FSD is becoming more and more negative. Same with our FSD forum here. In fact it's very hard to find any kind of positive FSD sentiment right now given the ongoing delays.

Flip flopping would just add more fuel to the fire imo. It has nothing to do with how I feel since I don't really care what FSD subscription cost besides the fact that it may cause negative press or negative on company cash flow.