Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

4.7 quake near Truckee: close enough to Sparks that the NV gigafactory might have felt some shaking. Damage unlikely IMO. Fremont probably felt nothing.

Basically a non-event, but I thought I’d try to get the facts out ahead of potential FUD.
And the Fudsville news might read... "Tesla Gigafactory on some Shaky Ground - Literally."

Followed by "Sinkhole discovered in Fremont near Tesla Factory" Sinkhole Closes Fremont Intersection

I could spin this crap all day long. Seems some people do just that and call it news. (MMs, you don't have to lower TSLA any more, I'm done buying thank you!)

Have a listen to Rob Maurer's podcast from today. He calls up the 2019 article below about Gerald where it talks about him being the father of 7, ages 14 to 22. Somehow I don't think Gordon is 24 years old, so I doubt Gerald is his dad and suspect he wouldn't want to be either.
General Motors Vice President Gerald Johnson, who grew up on Cleveland's East Side, discusses the importance of getting the big choices right: Michael K. McIntyre's Tipoff

Edit: The article was originally from 2014 as pointed out by @82bert . I still don't think Gordon is 29 given that he was at Lehman Brothers and they collapsed 13 years ago.

Gerald Johnson doesnt matter. What matters is that Gordon Johnson father or stepfather was a life-long executive at GM and he loves the company because they treated his family very good. As for GJ age. According to his LinkedIn profile he started college in 1999. What matters is he admitted a conflict of interest.

Just to follow-up on the allegations that Gordon Johnson's father is a senior executive at GM - I have posed the question to Gordon, but didn't get a response yet, but given his admission (on a deleted Tweet) and the contents of this page:

If this is true, how could it be possible legal for this guy to go on CNBC every other day and trash Tesla constantly, without revealing such a conflict of interest?

View attachment 660172
Doing a bit of reading, *Gerald* Johnson is very impressive.

I am sure he would be disappointed in a son like GJ so it's good thing they aren't related.

The best part is no part:

1620397437343.png

Maybe a wiring issue with the subwoofer.
OT: last post on this, not a wiring issue. It's exactly as @dhanson865 and the y forum thread described. At certain speeds, and mostly under not-smooth conditions there's a booming effect, noticed by a certain % of the population (prob a small %). The trade-off is worth it, the y is an amazing car warts and all, and it will definitely be the highest selling car by volume and revenue soon.

Just to follow-up on the allegations that Gordon Johnson's father is a senior executive at GM - I have posed the question to Gordon, but didn't get a response yet, but given his admission (on a deleted Tweet) and the contents of this page:

If this is true, how could it be possible legal for this guy to go on CNBC every other day and trash Tesla constantly, without revealing such a conflict of interest?

View attachment 660172

He's already said this isn't his dad. I'm not sure why folks on Twitter assumed a GM Exec who's black and shared the 2nd-most common last name in America would be related to GoJo.

In other tweets (since deleted?) Gordon said it was his step-father who was an exec there. So...who really knows. But pretty wild people just assumed based on the last name that this particular exec was related to Gordon.

View attachment 660172
This could be his brother too. Didn’t he say “family”. Rob M pointed out that the FB profile included children who’s age would not match with Gordon.

• Informative
Reactions: Tslynk67 and Klaas
Gerald Johnson doesnt matter. What matters is that Gordon Johnson father or stepfather was a life-long executive at GM and he loves the company because they treated his family very good. As for GJ age. According to his LinkedIn profile he started college in 1999. What matters is he admitted a conflict of interest.

Would love if this same level of scrutiny applied to anyone (analysts or YouTubers or Sandy Munro) who own(ed) Tesla stock. You can't have it both ways.

Diabetic Market, doesn't like too much Sugar :)

Was able 2 get 2 more 800 Mar 23 Calls at market open.
Past week in total got 9 800 March 23 Calls all on rolling Jan 22 ~ 1200 CCs to Jan 23 ~ 1700 CCs.
CC's to Free Cash Flow :) for D Penny Bandits ;)
Cheers!!

Would love if this same level of scrutiny applied to anyone (analysts or YouTubers or Sandy Munro) who own(ed) Tesla stock. You can't have it both ways.
Sandy Munro doesnt have a history of being brought on investment channels and spewing 100% false narratives. Sandy has actually said negative things about Tesla products, so much so and in a manner that Tesla has listened to him and made changes. Have welcomed his critiques as well. CLJ has for 8 years simply said false stuff about Tesla and has a history of just plain being wrong.

The best part is no part:

View attachment 660192

They really glossed over this and it isn't true. While there are no mechanical fuses or relays, these have been replaced in the Tesla with E-Fuses and solid state switches (FETs) and such. These parts might even cost more than the older commodity parts they replaced (though for sure they are lighter and probably more reliable).