Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. Good read. But yup..people needs to pick sides to motivate voters. This is the result. Slow clap America, slow clap.
I found it an odd read.
The writer wants to be in the groove of a general understanding about Musk, but can’t seem to nail it. I think that’s because Musk does not fit, no matter how much the cookie cutter is mangled in the attempt to represent him.
But I do think he got the underlying theme right: the left wants to cancel Musk. They can never be satisfied with somebody who thinks for himself.

Last edited:
Elon is this times a bazillion. He doesn't come from money, he is genuinely very intelligent, he seems happy, he has a young attractive girlfriend, has started MULTIPLE billion dollar businesses, his employees seem to really like him, and he is coincidentally one of the richest people on earth AND most famous people on earth. He seems to be dedicating his life to worthy goals.

You need to be quite happy, confident, and relatively successful yourself not to look at the guy and feel that he is kinda mocking you! The guys life story really makes anybody who is even slightly lazy, or unambitious feel like a complete waste of space. Its no surprise a lot of them channel that into finding a way to hate him.
Oh please.

You are so certain that people hate him just just because he's successful, but do you actually listen to arguments from those who benefited from his success? I've earned +3 millions in TSLA gains since 2012, and I also dislike Elon so much than most believe I just hate him. Elon Musk is definitely a genius (in engineering and industrial/business development) but there are tones of legit cases against his political influence.

Do you expect the level of FUD or criticism against Musk to increase or decrease relative to his wealth? I bet it will go down (despite the increased polarization) because most people simply follow the money and bow to power (it's easy to side with winners). For the same reason many ignored or ridiculed him when he was swimming against the tide, many will blindly support him when the media will switch side.

As much as I had to fight to defend him/Tesla (when him and the company was perceived as a fraud), I expect to be inaudible when he'll be revered as the new emperor. So please don't focus on the worst arguments against Musk but the most reasonable.

Also, who managed to become as powerful as Musk and not become the villain? IMO, one should be remain very careful.

weekend OT:
Reading all the hate in this world for Tesla and Elon really has me questioning the sequence of the origin. No way to know for sure, but...

Do so many ”regular“ people hate Elon as collateral damage from the FUD, or because people just hate wealthy regardless, or ?

I fully understand how several industry’s very existence is jeopardized by Tesla and the FUD is understandably fueled by this. Makes perfect sense. The up thread post suggestion that all media hate Tesla because of ad revenue was a little bit of a conspiracy theory for me at the scale suggested...meaning I believe it at the Car & Driver and Consumer Reports level for sure, but not sure if it really applies to all levels (but it might).

I am just really dumbfounded by the Elon hate. He’s been SO selfless with his wealth and use of it for humanity Vs other billionaires. His missions and motivations are non wealth driven. He will very likely go down in the history books as the inflection point for climate change. It just feels like it must be collateral damage from FUD, which would make the FUDsters damage WAY greater than I already blamed them for....
I used to work with a guy who drove a Volt, he got all his Tesla related information from news headlines, buying all the FUD.

To him, Elon musk is a funny guy in a bad way, unstable, full of it, un-respectful, big ego, etc.

He don’t hate him per se, but hell no his next car is not going to be a Tesla, although his circumstances screams a Model 3 SR.

His main reason against buying Tesla is the company will go Bankwapt any moment, then no one would be able to service the cars. Also, Tesla cars are unsafe according to his headline reading, and he was not aware of crash test ratings or safety statistics.

All these were back in 2018 during peak FUD, I imagine his opinion about Tesla cars might have improved since they don’t have a slim chance of going BK anymore.

I suspect it is part of the reason Tesla demand is skyrocketing only now, after the company fundamentals solidified in late 2019 and 2020.
You know when a normal person decides their next car is going to be a Tesla they would wait for current lease to end before jumping in. Which would usually have 1-2 years delay.

Elon is this times a bazillion. He doesn't come from money, he is genuinely very intelligent, he seems happy, he has a young attractive girlfriend, has started MULTIPLE billion dollar businesses, his employees seem to really like him, and he is coincidentally one of the richest people on earth AND most famous people on earth. He seems to be dedicating his life to worthy goals.

You need to be quite happy, confident, and relatively successful yourself not to look at the guy and feel that he is kinda mocking you! The guys life story really makes anybody who is even slightly lazy, or unambitious feel like a complete waste of space. Its no surprise a lot of them channel that into finding a way to hate him.

My parents engrained in me (read: brainwashed) a piece of advice that I have at times considered overly idealistic, impractical, and detached from reality, but that is so perfectly illustrated by Elon:

If you dedicate your life to worthy pursuits, do not be worried about money, because it will find you.

Another local Tesla owner and I are driving into NYC this morning to check out Cybertruck. Any suggestions/requests? Wish we had our TMC shirts @danny !
Are there TMC tshirts? I want!

If not, can we create one a year? Someone of authority give me the go ahead and I'll start a design thread. No logos or branding, just clever phrases.

Oh please.

You are so certain that people hate him just just because he's successful, but do you actually listen to arguments from those who benefited from his success? I've earned +3 millions in TSLA gains since 2012, and I also dislike Elon so much than most believe I just hate him. Elon Musk is definitely a genius (in engineering and industrial/business development) but there are tones of legit cases against his political influence.

Do you expect the level of FUD or criticism against Musk to increase or decrease relative to his wealth? I bet it will go down (despite the increased polarization) because most people simply follow the money and bow to power (it's easy to side with winners). For the same reason many ignored or ridiculed him when he was swimming against the tide, many will blindly support him when the media will switch side.

As much as I had to fight to defend him/Tesla (when him and the company was perceived as a fraud), I expect to be inaudible when he'll be revered as the new emperor. So please don't focus on the worst arguments against Musk but the most reasonable.

Also, who managed to become as powerful as Musk and not become the villain? IMO, one should be remain very careful.
tenor (7).gif

I found it an odd read.
The writer wants to be in the groove of a general understanding about Musk, but can’t seem to nail it. I think that’s because Musk does not fit, no matter how much the cookie cutter is mangled in the attempt to represent him.
But I do think he got the underlying theme right: the left wants to cancel Musk. They can never be satisfied with somebody who thinks for himself.
No the ultra left. The article mentioned a poll that pins 56% of democrats view Musk as favorable. The ultra left was never as anti-billionaires as they are today. I'm glad we have more of a moderate in the WH and not a lunatic from either size.

I found it an odd read.
I just hope Elon is able to make it to Mars before he's too old to make it to Mars. While I love "The Martian" it will be nowhere near as easy as it seemed in that movie (and it didn't seem easy).

OT
I got into Tesla for the goals and aspirations.
I have stayed dedicated because of Elon's integrity, values, and master plan.
I am in TSLA for the company's engineering, vision, and positive culture.

The FUD, politics, and culture war pseudo-issues are the ultimate distractions (unfortunately, evidenced by many here).
It really isn't a zero-sum game with Tesla. There is far more at stake than most realize.

Okay, off my soapbox now.
I'm going to enjoy a nice walk with the dog... have a good weekend all.

More than anything else I've ever read, this column perfectly sums up the whole thing in terms of why Elon is treated the way he is by the far left in this country.
Sorry but that article is a perfect example of trying to hard.
Way to many cultural buzz words for me.

I just hope Elon is able to make it to Mars before he's too old to make it to Mars. While I love "The Martian" it will be nowhere near as easy as it seemed in that movie (and it didn't seem easy).

IIRC Elon has said 20 years of a LOT of mostly cargo starship launches before there's enough stuff there for a sustainable colony, and those are still 3-5 years away from starting at most optimistic estimates.... so he's in his mid 70s by then.

I suppose it's possible he'd dump several years of his life into a roundtrip well before then but I dunno if he'd want to be away from running everything that long.

I suppose the superbull would say this is the whole point of doing neuralink-if he's too old to go by the time there's a sustainable colony ready he'll just download his brain into a new body :)

• Funny
Reactions: wipster