Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Flammable liquid in plastic bags..? How stupid can people get…?
Since you asked…
DBB2BC74-589F-463E-B4CC-8F6234561AF5.jpeg

Curious as I am bc I live about an hour from the Lucid factory, I pulled this up from Feb... robot videos can be deceiving. (I didn't see today's CNBC).

First, cars are not moving on the line, at all (hence 577 seems bullish). Next, I didn't see a single welding robot (needed to assemble the hundreds if smaller pieces together). Manually, this is very time-consuming and costly, despite the appearance of a volume factory. I think some robots were told to do something for the video, seeing them all spinning and doing nothing, lol. And where is stamping in the video? Are they rolling sheet metal by hand?

Then there's talk of Phase II and III when Phase I was suppose to be 1 car built every 10 min capacity. What?

" Volume production is incredibly hard " :p

Reuters is pretty bad when it comes to Tesla.
Ever since Reuters partnered with the Russian state information agency TASS it has been a sad sight to behold as it parrots Russian state propaganda dressed as news, and that includes anti-EV "news". A thread on twitter gives some background on this.

Last edited:
Dont mean to say that. After all the Model S at one time was probably at that rate. Thing is that at this point Lucid is not a competitor. It is a boutique car that in a couple years may be mass producing the Lucid Air and competing against the next generation Model S.

Lucid Air might be classified in the same segment as MS but we all know it will not be competing ;) :p

Reactions: gabeincal
Ever since Reuters partnered with the Russian RT it has been a sad sight to behold as it parrots Russian state propaganda dressed as news, and that includes anti-EV "news". A thread on twitter gives some background on this.
Wow. That’s disturbing. They are a regular on my newsfeed and I’ve posted Reuters links here often. I’m depressed.

After falling into an early hole, they quickly starting pulling their way out of it, only to fall back in right before reaching the top. They never could get out, although they got close a couple times, and ended with another loss. They are now 3 games below 0.500 for the first time since 3/29, matching their season low. Attendance was on the high side today, about 50% higher than the average for the last 10.

Today
Score:617.20
Margin of W/L:-11.84
Attendance:46,420,808
High - Low:31.50
Season
Record:43-46
Total margin of wins:961.38
Total margin of losses:-1,049.85
YTD gain/loss:-88.47-12.54%
Best Win:110.58Mar 9
Worst Loss:-68.83Jan 11
Last 10:2-8
Streak:L2
Avg margin of victory:22.36
Avg margin of defeat:-22.82
Avg Attendance:31,377,367
Avg Attendance of Last 10:28,458,315
Avg High - Low:39.68
Avg H - L of Last 10:29.69

Aware of that. They are trying to do what Tesla did. Thats understood. Thing is when Tesla did it the other manufacturers didnt take Tesla seriously. In fact they really didnt take electric vehicles seriously. So Tesla just kept executing, sometimes with flaws, but the competition never really developed. Lucid will not have that opportunity. Not rooting against Lucid, but also dont think it will make a dent in Tesla sales and really be a small player in the EV market 5+ years from now.