Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
As someone pointed out, it's pretty bizarre that people are suddenly suggesting China is presenting it's data differently from what is has been doing for over a year now just to back up Vincent.

Something is up with Vincent and the Tesmanian blog. I'm now 'blocked' from commenting via DISQUS on their blog posts. The only thing I did was post a link to an answer to a question somebody asked in the comments section. At first, the comment was marked as 'held, awaiting moderation'. Now last time I visited the site I got a DISQUS banner notification that I was blocked from commenting on this site.

Highly dubious. I do note that Tesmanian is funded by Ad revenue from clicks though, so I think they've lost their way. Too bad, used to be respectable content. I haven't visited now in weeks.

TL;dr possibly like Electrick; gone to the dark side.

Shame.

As much as I hate to agree with Gary (because his blaming of Elon/Tesla conveniently avoids having to admit how corrupt Wall St is)...........but the FUD and outright lies are starting to get to such a point that something does need to be done. While we don't have to deal with the bankruptcy FUD from 2018/219, the amount of FUD is much higher since 2021 started than it ever was in 2018. I mean on a weekly basis now you can count on a hit piece coming out the US, Germany, or China.

Lol, indeed the Media is now publishing detailed how-to guides each week like these:
  • defeating built-in safety features to make YouToo videos of stupid a/p stunts
  • detailed how-to for short-selling TL.0 w/o getting up from your chair in Germany
  • how-to turn failure-to-brake (while 40 kmh over the speed limit) into 'brake-failure'
But STUPID RETAIL just don't get it! Why aren't they DOING WHAT THEY'RE TOLD?!

So stupid... :p /s

Cheers!

Lol, indeed the Media is now publishing detailed how-to guides each week like these:
  • detailed how-to for short-selling TL.0 w/o getting up from your chair in Germany
  • how-to turn failure-to-brake (while 40 kmh over the speed limit) into 'brake-failure'

Cheers!
Our brains are too smooth.

This is an egregious situation, and is routinely IGNORED by the Gov't Agency charged with ensuring a fairing and orderly Market. Pass some disclosure rules for the BOTTOM HALF of the iceburg. Where is the SEC?
The are busy Enriching the short sellers!!

FUD was out of control today. No other way to put it. These brainless news agencies just gobble up whatever nonsense has been posted in the last hour via google search and it goes out to every stockholder in the world. Pure garbage, and the world just takes it as fact.
Again my brain has one simple answer but we’ve all discussed it to death.
It’s time to EXECUTE.
Tesla needs the S refresh to go smoothly and quickly.
Tesla needs to continue safely releasing FSD. Tesla needs to get the new factories online ASAP and hit the ground running.
I’m ALL for Dogecoin. And any other coin. Like someone said early, accept it, swap it into stable coins or other currencies and keep dismantling this very system that has screwed Tesla in the markets for years.
Decentralized finance is getting bigger and bigger.
Thx for all your posts over the last years, always informative, funny, & insightful.

All the people shorting now based on misinformation are going to be in for a rude surprise when the Q2 results come out.
We said that about the Q1 results too. At this point the power of FUD is threatening to overwhelm all remaining defenses. I'm starting to think we really do need Tesla to have a PR department.

Not sure if anyone updated this already, but short interest is astonishingly way down. From something like 51M to 41.3M as of 4/30 when SP was $709.

Very confusing. Tons and tons of shorting isn't reported, but it's bizarre to see so much covering has taken place. After 1Q earnings with no major SP boost.

Dave Lee posted video today on how he can keep HODL
Dave's probably the only one who looks long term. Just been a crazy hash of the China numbers today - a simple search of "Tesla local sales in the 'first-month-of-a-quarter' down" gives you all you need to know about this 'demand off the cliff' story that has been perpetuated ad nauseum.

Just look at the content in the last one -
Tesla did not even sell 3,000 Model 3s in China in April. That elicited a “whoa” from me. There has been so much hype in so many places about the Model 3 that I had assumed it would come roaring out of the gate in China as soon as models were available there. According to Gasgoo, the ships carrying Model 3s can hold 3,000 cars, and I had assumed--given the delays in sales in March--Tesla would sell two ships’ worth in April. According to CPCA data, Tesla’s actual sales were not even half that number.

Yes, 2 years ago they were quibbling about 3000 cars. It's 25k today? Or 40k? Or whatever. It does not matter. As Tesla continues to grow volumes, they are of course going to focus on moving inventory in the first month of a quarter to other countries. We've seen this happen far too often as Fremont was scaling up, and now with Shanghai, it is the same plan redux.

Tesla just a few weeks ago said they had seen their biggest order flow in history, during the weakest quarter of the year. It's not like Tesla is going to sit down on 30 days of inventory - every single car they make is going to be sold.

Just been ridiculous today seeing everyone possessed with the Tesla China numbers. Gary is matching Squawk levels of day-trading tweeting. Alex Potter, Dan Ives; even Rob for that matter - everyone is missing the forest for the trees. Thankful for Dave to push the keep calm, keep hodl message.

Cheers!
I got most of their messages, Tesla cars are dangerous, they’re losing market share, FSD will never happen, company is losing money for every car they made, regulators are closing in on them, CCP is going to take over their China factory…

But they didn’t tell me what to do with my chairs, so I did my best to read between lines, buy more? Okay, doing just that…

I now think Tesla could use a single PR person to rip a new hole in the media whenever needed. Rip into them. Show them how stupid they are. Embarass them with facts. Perhaps the embarassment will force them to move on. <s>Has anyone else thought of that before?</s>

I'll be watching for the Tesla logo to adorn Solving the Money Problem's site once they have SMR on the payroll.

He's already doing the work as described, isn't he? ;) :cool:

We said that about the Q1 results too. At this point the power of FUD is threatening to overwhelm all remaining defenses. I'm starting to think we really do need Tesla to have a PR department.
The FUD is just noise. Tesla is sold out this quarter and keeps putting up the prices of their vehicles. The company and its finances are stronger than ever. This quarter there will be 200k new Tesla ambassadors out in the wild reminding people of how silly the news media is being.

As an investor we just need to plan for it. If you know there's going to be FUD landmines in the future you build your tank strong enough to pass over them.

Dave's probably the only one who looks long term. Just been a crazy hash of the China numbers today - a simple search of "Tesla local sales in the 'first-month-of-a-quarter' down" gives you all you need to know about this 'demand off the cliff' story that has been perpetuated ad nauseum.

Just look at the content in the last one -
Tesla did not even sell 3,000 Model 3s in China in April. That elicited a “whoa” from me. There has been so much hype in so many places about the Model 3 that I had assumed it would come roaring out of the gate in China as soon as models were available there. According to Gasgoo, the ships carrying Model 3s can hold 3,000 cars, and I had assumed--given the delays in sales in March--Tesla would sell two ships’ worth in April. According to CPCA data, Tesla’s actual sales were not even half that number.

Yes, 2 years ago they were quibbling about 3000 cars. It's 25k today? Or 40k? Or whatever. It does not matter. As Tesla continues to grow volumes, they are of course going to focus on moving inventory in the first month of a quarter to other countries. We've seen this happen far too often as Fremont was scaling up, and now with Shanghai, it is the same plan redux.

Tesla just a few weeks ago said they had seen their biggest order flow in history, during the weakest quarter of the year. It's not like Tesla is going to sit down on 30 days of inventory - every single car they make is going to be sold.

Just been ridiculous today seeing everyone possessed with the Tesla China numbers. Gary is matching Squawk levels of day-trading tweeting. Alex Potter, Dan Ives; even Rob for that matter - everyone is missing the forest for the trees. Thankful for Dave to push the keep calm, keep hodl message.
I wouldn't put Rob in the same boat. Today's video seemed to be focused on trying to establish the fact from as many sources as he could find, which is why I find his channel so useful. I didn't see any had wringing - I thought his analysis was quite dispassionate, which is useful when the FUD goes to 11.

FUD was out of control today. No other way to put it. These brainless news agencies just gobble up whatever nonsense has been posted in the last hour via google search and it goes out to every stockholder in the world. Pure garbage, and the world just takes it as fact.
It’s times like this that really bring this point home....

If your chosen media sources can lie so irresponsibly regarding Tesla, why would you trust them on any subject?

As much as I hate to agree with Gary (because his blaming of Elon/Tesla conveniently avoids having to admit how corrupt Wall St is)...........but the FUD and outright lies are starting to get to such a point that something does need to be done. While we don't have to deal with the bankruptcy FUD from 2018/219, the amount of FUD is much higher since 2021 started than it ever was in 2018. I mean on a weekly basis now you can count on a hit piece coming out the US, Germany, or China.
Tesla has an official Twitter account, they should use it for the dissemination of facts

Tesla has an official Twitter account, they should use it for the dissemination of facts
Nah, Tesla should start a competition for the most lies per week with a public award event each month. Awards may vary from free SuperCharging miles to a vanity plate with Tesla defined content.

Price winners to be mentioned on Musk's Twitter account.

Last week candidates could be WSJ, Reuters and CNBC.